Sports?

• @dipset So funny how when we were born changes our views on this stuff. I still associate the Cowboys with the 90s teams and feel like that's who the Cowboys truly are. It's probably the same with the Avs. You might only just remember their last cup run and had to live through the post-Roy/Sakic/Forsberg years but for me, the Avalanche are a historically good team. I bet kids today even think the Red Wings are a sure thing lottery team and don't remember them basically not being able to lose for nearly 20 years. TL;DR: fuck I'm getting old.

But yeah, Jerry Jones is a tit.

• @phbz And heeeeere come the England supporters

• @e_zed_eh_intern

I barely remember the good ol Cowboys, just some of the Emmitt Smith years in the late-90s but I was pretty little then.

I definitely remember the good years with the Avalanche, but the mid-2000s was painful. I also remember all the good Lakers years but also the bad ones. But yeah, basically most of my life I can only recall terrible Dallas Cowboys and it hurts me to no end. I assume this pain is worse than childbirth.

• @DIPSET Keep the faith. I see Dallas last won the Super Bowl in 1995? Well, the Winnipeg Blue Bombers won the Grey Cup last year for the first time since 1990. The drought was especially embarrassing because the CFL only has 9 teams.

• @oscillator

I used to watch Danny McMannus throw like 20 picks followed by paying Casey Printers like $1M to get injured followed by Jason Maas to throw 500 picks and I just gave up.

I’ll never trade in the good ol days of bat shit games in Hamilton, but that’s another team that’s been terrible my entire life.

Oh and I forgot Timmy Chang who was like a Div 2 NCAA legend who threw like 1000 picks in the CFL then later got arrested for kidnapping.

• @e_zed_eh_intern

RIP, Raps gotta tank.

I still don’t see Bucks going past Conference Finals in 2021.

• NHL is back!

My Avalanche won the NHL 21 video game Stanley Cup simulation so that means we're the champs.

Got this exact "Reverse Retro" Alternative jersey for my birthday:

alt text

Also immediately got a small black mark on the white stitching if anybody has cleaning tips (I'm a fucking idiot).

--

Also very excited to watch the outdoor games this year. Again, my Avs are getting the special treatment by playing @ Lake Tahoe. It's pretty cool because they don't need a crowd so the locations are waaaaaaaay cooler than a baseball park.

This will make for amazing TV and obviously photography:

• Wow talk about an upset. I like Dustin Poirier, and I'm very happy for him, but I was kinda rooting for Conor in the hopes that a win could lead to a second bout with Khabib. All in all great fight though and I hope Poirier gets the gold.

Also have to give a special shout out to Chandler, who had just about the most successful debut in the UFC anyone could have. Hope Hooker has a good rebound though. He's a good fighter and his fights are always entertaining.

• @capnbobamous Honestly I think the result would be the same if McGregor and Khabib fought.

Chandler had a great debut for sure but it's too early to tell if he'll keep up that momentum.

• Not at all what I expected. Cool to see Brady get another ring. Not a die hard fan but always like to see records grow. And the Chiefs will be back so it’s hard to feel too bad for the tram that won last year.

• That game was a bit of a stinker. I expected KC to pump Tampa but that offensive line was the worst offensive line I’ve ever seen. Mahomes had like 0.5 sec to find a receiver.

Tampa threw soooo many screen passes I don’t know how the defence didn’t learn to read those plays. Whole thing was a meltdown but the O-line in the 2nd half was pitiful.

——

So for the first time ever, I actually made money on my hedges and side bets. My main bet was KC -3 but clearly that didn’t work.

Ended up winning on these bad boys:

• Both teams have the lead in the first half
    • 1st Half: TB moneyline + Under 27.5 points
    • Live bet: TB first to 15 points

Came out $125 in the plus when I very clearly lost my main bet where I laid down $50. I don’t think I’ve had a hedge work out for me ever this season.

• Surprised by how okay I am with Brady winning. I've never liked him, and I do like Mahomes, but in a weird way I kinda found myself rooting for Brady. He left New England to make a statement, and he just made it in the biggest way. I do like Gronk though so seeing him do stuff was cool.

• I don't think this will ever happen again in the post-Covid world but the Lake Tahoe event was beautiful. I wish every hockey game had this vibe:

• @dipset Including the 6-hour delay? :)

• @e_zed_eh_intern

It actually worked out perfectly because I was helping the in-laws house hunt in another city and I would've missed the game otherwise.

Honestly, the delay wouldn't have happened if there weren't legal implications with NHLPA and general safety protocols. We've all skated on a lake on a mild day. It's fine...

• @dipset said in Sports?:

We've all skated on a lake on a mild day. It's fine...

Not out here! You'd need a life jacket if you tried that.

And if that "other city" happens to be Vancouver, you let me know as I'm listing my place in the next few weeks :P