Sports?

• @e_zed_eh_intern

RIP, Raps gotta tank.

I still don’t see Bucks going past Conference Finals in 2021.

• NHL is back!

My Avalanche won the NHL 21 video game Stanley Cup simulation so that means we're the champs.

Got this exact "Reverse Retro" Alternative jersey for my birthday:

alt text

Also immediately got a small black mark on the white stitching if anybody has cleaning tips (I'm a fucking idiot).

--

Also very excited to watch the outdoor games this year. Again, my Avs are getting the special treatment by playing @ Lake Tahoe. It's pretty cool because they don't need a crowd so the locations are waaaaaaaay cooler than a baseball park.

This will make for amazing TV and obviously photography:

• Wow talk about an upset. I like Dustin Poirier, and I'm very happy for him, but I was kinda rooting for Conor in the hopes that a win could lead to a second bout with Khabib. All in all great fight though and I hope Poirier gets the gold.

Also have to give a special shout out to Chandler, who had just about the most successful debut in the UFC anyone could have. Hope Hooker has a good rebound though. He's a good fighter and his fights are always entertaining.

• @capnbobamous Honestly I think the result would be the same if McGregor and Khabib fought.

Chandler had a great debut for sure but it's too early to tell if he'll keep up that momentum.

• Not at all what I expected. Cool to see Brady get another ring. Not a die hard fan but always like to see records grow. And the Chiefs will be back so it’s hard to feel too bad for the tram that won last year.

• That game was a bit of a stinker. I expected KC to pump Tampa but that offensive line was the worst offensive line I’ve ever seen. Mahomes had like 0.5 sec to find a receiver.

Tampa threw soooo many screen passes I don’t know how the defence didn’t learn to read those plays. Whole thing was a meltdown but the O-line in the 2nd half was pitiful.

——

So for the first time ever, I actually made money on my hedges and side bets. My main bet was KC -3 but clearly that didn’t work.

Ended up winning on these bad boys:

• Both teams have the lead in the first half
    • 1st Half: TB moneyline + Under 27.5 points
    • Live bet: TB first to 15 points

Came out $125 in the plus when I very clearly lost my main bet where I laid down $50. I don’t think I’ve had a hedge work out for me ever this season.

• Surprised by how okay I am with Brady winning. I've never liked him, and I do like Mahomes, but in a weird way I kinda found myself rooting for Brady. He left New England to make a statement, and he just made it in the biggest way. I do like Gronk though so seeing him do stuff was cool.

• I don't think this will ever happen again in the post-Covid world but the Lake Tahoe event was beautiful. I wish every hockey game had this vibe:

• @dipset Including the 6-hour delay? :)

• @e_zed_eh_intern

It actually worked out perfectly because I was helping the in-laws house hunt in another city and I would've missed the game otherwise.

Honestly, the delay wouldn't have happened if there weren't legal implications with NHLPA and general safety protocols. We've all skated on a lake on a mild day. It's fine...

• @dipset said in Sports?:

We've all skated on a lake on a mild day. It's fine...

Not out here! You'd need a life jacket if you tried that.

And if that "other city" happens to be Vancouver, you let me know as I'm listing my place in the next few weeks :P