Sports?

• So these Golden Knights...

• Regardless of who ends up winning, this has been a very entertaining series. The writing was on the wall for the Knights after the first game. Certainly didn't expect this.

• UEFA EURO 2020 starts tomorrow on Friday! And Finland is IN! For the first time ever. A month worth of football ahead of us, man this is sweet. :)

• Go Belgium!

Man, I hope we got our first price ever.

• Wish us luck tonight against the Knights. Do or die. Despite what the fair weather fans say, there was a lot to like about the Avs game in Game 5. Do it again but don’t choke this time.

Let’s Go!

• @neocweeny They were my pick in 2018. Still can't believe they lost to France. Also still can't believe that last kick goal against Japan - which was a bag of mixed emotions. I feel like they SHOULD win it this time and I hope they do.

• @e_zed_eh_intern France played really dirty. None of their games are fun to watch eventhough they have so many good offensive players.

We really deserved better. We won 6 out of 7 matches, all within the 90 minutes.

• @sentinel-beach said in Sports?:

UEFA EURO 2020 starts tomorrow on Friday! And Finland is IN! For the first time ever. A month worth of football ahead of us, man this is sweet. :)

First time? I'll be sure to catch at least one of their games. :-)

• @neocweeny said in Sports?:

@e_zed_eh_intern France played really dirty. None of their games are fun to watch eventhough they have so many good offensive players.

You must have missed France 4-3 Argentina ;)

• We had a good run. I thiiiiink Avalanche still have cap space so I hope they don’t make any dramatic changes between seasons. Fair weather fans think we gave away the series but Avalanche vs Vegas has been war all season and Avs won the last 5-6 periods like Vegas won 6-7 periods in a row too. It was playoffs war against a great team and I think people gotta just respect that. Both teams got good bounces, both got lucky goals, both made mistakes and were punished for it. Avs definitely made more mistakes but it isn’t like this was a doom and gloom series.

I’m predicting VGK vs TB with TB winning in 7.

Honestly, Habs just aren’t that great based on what I’ve seen but they’re a good pest team and Price deserves a Cup so who knows.

• Euro 2020 feels kinda weird. Usually here in Portugal there's a general euphoria before the Euro or World Cup, this year feels very different.

I don't have great expectations, although we are the cup holders and have a really strong team our national manager style is miserable and joyless. So part of me wishes we lose really bad so a new manager comes in. Also we are in the same group as France and Germany which are teams we traditionally struggle against.

• I didn’t even know Euro Cup was happening. I live in an Italian and Portuguese neighbourhood and haven’t seen one flag yet. Normally is wild. I guess it’s cause we’re still locked down.

• The euphoria is very low Belgium also compared to previous tournaments. It's just not on people's minds right now I think. Maybe it's not a good idea to do this during a pandemic.

• I think it's also the return to "normality" feeling somewhat unreal. Maybe this kind of event helps.

Good luck to Finland, I'm watching the game right now.

• Oh my fucking god what's happening?

• I think I'm in shock right now. I think lots of people are. A horrible feeling. Unimaginable.

• I'm in tears

• -_- ......

• He seems to be awake, but this is still very scary:

alt text

• For those who weren't watching, Danish player Christian Eriksen collapsed on the field near the end of the first half against Finland. Medics were shown administering defibrillator shocks and chest compressions. It was a long time before he got stretchered off.