• @Lotias Yeah, some sports are just too complex for me to really get in to them. Better to focus on what holds your attention.

• @michemagius team golf on horses is polo, cricket is like baseball with a paddle

• @TokyoSlim Ahhh I see.

• @Billy I'm also a big NBA fan. It's just a really fun league to keep up with. I'm a lifelong Washington Wizards fan and John Wall is a wizard with the basketball

• Everyone in my family was either a swimmer or a diver; I was a diver for 16 years (5-21). It got me into college, gave me a crazy widespread group of friends, and, unfortunately, ruined my body. I've had chronic injuries since I was 13, and will be dealing with them for probably the rest of my life. That said, I still miss it tremendously, and follow it closely. I also follow swimming very closely, since that's what my siblings and most of my friends from college did (swimming and diving is a joint team like Track and Field, with way more swimmers than divers). Other than that, I used to follow baseball, but haven't followed pro-baseball in years (my family is full of crazy Mets fans, though). Still keep up with my college's baseball team, though, since I had a lot of friends on that team as well.

• We'll definitely make a new thread for the FIFA World Cup next summer, but here are the eight groups after the final draw that just took place in Russia. I'd say they're all pretty interesting. Maybe a stand-out one is Group B with the three neighbours Portugal, Spain and Morocco, which seems funny geographically speaking.

alt text

• We (France) have got an interesting group!

Australia should be an easy win, but they're the kind of physical and tenacious team that can easily hold us to a 0-0 draw, especially since it'll be the first match, they'll go all out.

Peru is arguably the easiest team we could have gotten from Pot 2 (except maybe Switzerland), so we can't complain there, but it'll also be a tricky match.

Finally, Denmark will be an opportunity to get revenge for 2002, they've got a top player in Eriksen and they're very solid collectively, so our forwards will have to be inspired! Hopefully we don't need a win when we play them, otherwise we could easily get sucked in and get hit by counter-attacks.

Apart from that, most groups seem pretty even, it's going to be fun! Can't wait for England to draw 0-0 against Panama! ;)

• I’m insanely into football.
    The Australian one.
    The Australian one with the crazy rules.
    The Australian one with the crazy rules that isn’t rugby.
    Gah just google “Australian rules football” it should come up.

It’s nuts, the people who run the sport are bloody useless, the rules for whatever reason change on a yearly basis, and the vast majority of fans are the Australian equivalent of rednecks. That being said I can name far too many of the ~750 people currently playing in the AFL to be considered healthy, and I love it.

• Speaking of Olympic weightlifting, the Weightlifting World Championships are currently happening in Anaheim. Though many of the "best" teams have been banned for doping this year (a nuclear option exercised because it's at risk of being dropped from the Olympics), and non-tainted favourite North Korea didn't enter for political reasons, there's still plenty of good competition. The heavyweights are lifting the next two days.

Watch in the U.S. on ESPN3, and in Canada and Japan on DAZN. Streams of the "B" sessions and a complete list of international broadcasters are available on the organizing committee's site.

Schedule (pacific time):

alt text

• Any interest in Formula One here? I could create a thread for it, as the new season starts in less than two weeks.

• I grew up watching a ton of sports. Very into hockey, basketball, football, wwe, boxing, everything!

As an adult... no time!! BUT, I literally screamed at my TV in hype when Kobe Bryant won the Academy Award for Best Animated Short Film. I'm a HUGE Kobe fan.

I used to watch Indy cars/F1 because my Zio and father are into it but I don't even know how to get into it anymore. If somebody can guide me, I'd be grateful. Stations, the days, what to look out for. I'm half Italian so caring about F1 is sorta in my blood. I even have a retired pro drag racer in my family.

• Global Moderator

@sentinel-beach YES! I am so hyped! The testing had some interesting results and by the looks of it, we might have a very interesting top 3 teams this year. I'd say it really deserves its own thread over the season. I will follow every practice/qualy/race closely.

Looks like your connection to Easy Allies Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.