Sports?

• Any interest in Formula One here? I could create a thread for it, as the new season starts in less than two weeks.

• I grew up watching a ton of sports. Very into hockey, basketball, football, wwe, boxing, everything!

As an adult... no time!! BUT, I literally screamed at my TV in hype when Kobe Bryant won the Academy Award for Best Animated Short Film. I'm a HUGE Kobe fan.

I used to watch Indy cars/F1 because my Zio and father are into it but I don't even know how to get into it anymore. If somebody can guide me, I'd be grateful. Stations, the days, what to look out for. I'm half Italian so caring about F1 is sorta in my blood. I even have a retired pro drag racer in my family.

• Global Moderator

@sentinel-beach YES! I am so hyped! The testing had some interesting results and by the looks of it, we might have a very interesting top 3 teams this year. I'd say it really deserves its own thread over the season. I will follow every practice/qualy/race closely.

• Ho-Ho-Hockeyfan here! :)
    I tend to follow my SHL team Linköpings HC the most, my favorite NHL team is the Nashville Predators.
    I sporadically follow NHL. Since staying up so late, the time difference can really screw up my days, especially if it's a game played on the west coast :b
    I watch some MMA (UFC) and Football (soccer) from time to time. Mostly national soccer games/events.

Come winter/summer Olympics time i usually dont miss much, i keep the streams running all night/day :) Go Sweden!

• Champions League final. I feel so bad for Karius. :( It'll take a while until he gets through this. And Salah got injured, hopefully he can play for Egypt in a few weeks. Bale's first goal was unbelievably pretty.

• @sentinel-beach Liverpool started the game very well, but they lost the momentum quickly after Salah left. Congrats to Real Madrid! Third UCL in a row, what a team.

• As a Welsh man i’ll Be the first to say we get a little over excited about Bale at times.

But that goal top notch! They just don’t get better than that.

• As an avid hater of everything Real Madrid I'm pretty bummed right now, and this was the third UCL final I didn't watch in a row, simply because I don't want to see them celebrate in case they do win (yeah I know I'm a bad loser).

But man I'm heartbroken for Salah, I was confident that with him Egypt would be able to pull through their group alongside Uruguay, but now I imagine it will be a very fierce contest between them and Russia(plus referees)

• Ya, as a Liverpool fan, pretty gutted with that one. Just one of those nights where I think both teams were relatively even but things just went against us with Salah getting injured early and two terrible mistakes. It was pretty incredible that we made it to the final and I think there is reason to be optimistic but right now, pretty disappointed.

And yes, that Bale goal was incredible.

• @tokeeffe9 I haven't followed the premier in a while and I didn't see many matches of Liverpool in the UCL, but seeing their recent history it makes me think that Klopp is just that much of a genious to be able to get this team to the final, similar to how it was with Borussia.

• @bard91 There's some truth in that. For sure he does an excellent job at improving players and he clearly has an identity which is excellent but the Liverpool team is a good one. It's just seriously lacking in depth.

Hopefully that's addressed this year.

• Game 1 in what has to be the least predicted Stanley Cup finals ever. I'll be happy with either team winning but I feel like I'm pulling just a little bit more for Washington. The media here in Canada has always been hard on Ovechkin and compared him to Crosby - even though they play different positions and totally different styles. But I digress, HOCKEEEEEEY!!

• Big MMA fan and I enjoy the NFL a bunch.

Favorite team is Atlanta.

Favorite fighter of all time is Anderson Silva.

• Global Moderator

@tokeeffe9 Yeah Im surprised how well Liverpool kinda has turned around and despite loosing the final I think we should be happy they made it.. but yeah still kinda sucks.

• @lotias Well they've already signed Fabinho from Monaco which seems like a really good signing. So hopefully this continues!

• @tokeeffe9 The good thing, as a Liverpool fan who can probably remember 2005, is that nobody can ever take that away from you.

• @e_zed_eh_intern That is very true. Obviously that was incredible and I've seen plenty of good things as a Liverpool fan so can't complain too much.

• Gonna revive this thread because it's NHL playoff time. Penguins are already out in 4, which is one thing, but the real story is Blue Jackets/Lightning. The Lightning this season tied the NHL record for most wins (62) and were heavily expected to curbstomp the Blue Jackets considering they only barely made it into the playoffs at all and have never won a playoff series period. The fact that they just got swept by said Blue Jackets is probably going to go down in the history books as one of the biggest upsets in sports playoffs history period.

• @hanabi This was a pretty insane night for the NHL. I was just talking with friends wondering how many more kicks this Penguins team has at a playoff run. I wonder if they will do anything drastic in the off season.

That Lightning/Jackets series I just don't know what to say. So awesome for CBJ to finally get their first playoff series win and to get it over a record-breaking team with a sweep? All the better. Sliver of silver lining for Tampa: Stamkos's goal was ridiculous.

Other notes: glad to see Washington doing well but Carolina going through wouldn't offend me, I was a fan of the Surge. I really hope that Svechnikov kid is ok. All the series besides the two sweeps seem to be shaping up well so buckle up.

• @e_zed_eh_intern I'd prefer if Carolina won this series, but then again I am a Canes fan so...

I'm pretty sure Svechnikov is out for at the very least the next game. Probably the rest of the series. I hope he's fine but at the same time, I don't know what he was thinking picking a fight with Ovechkin. I guess it lit a fire under his team's ass since they wound up winning that game 5-0 but still.