Sports?

• @e_zed_eh_intern Unfortunately United aren't good to actually even make a choice in this case. City let them run at them for the first 30 mins and then just took over.

• @tokeeffe9 Oh, that may have come across differently from how I intended. I meant it made me happy that, no matter what United did, one of their rivals was going to benefit. And this makes me happy because I do not like United. So, in my case, it would be "fortunately" they aren't good to actually even make a choice :)

• @tokeeffe9 said in Sports?:

Unfortunately United aren't good to actually even make a choice in this case.

That's the sad truth, as an United fan. I'll be fuming, no matter who wins the league. I just want this season to end already lol.

Also, this goddamn image will haunt my dreams.

• Ya, I get that. United are such a mess of a team. Crazy that they can actually still get top 4.

For Liverpool, I'd just be focused on Champions League now, I just don't see City dropping points anywhere.

• Holy crap guys. Liverpool were down 3 0 from the first leg against Barcelona and beat them 4 0 in the second leg. Absolutely insane performance.

Especially when you add in that both Salah and Firmino were out and Robertson went off injured at half time. Still can't quite believe it

• Lets Go AJAX

• Liverpool - Ajax would be a beautiful final, and feel so cruel to whoever loses it. I'm rooting for Ajax to go all the way, they'd be the biggest underdogs to win it since Porto over 10 years ago.

• That fourth goal is ridiculously good. Major props to Liverpool (I'm feeling sick already), it's a deserved win. I'm definitely rooting for Ajax.

• Wow, another great comeback. Well done Spurs. An all-English UCL final again

• Damn ya. Another pretty crazy result considering that first half. And for Moura to score on the 95th minute. Gutting for Ajax but some performance from Spurs in the end.

• Damn a few years ago in Uni I wouldn't have missed any of this games, very sad that I couldn't watch any of these live, I can't remember the last time The Champions was this exciting.

As a Barca fan from forever I'm dissapointed, and I really wanted Ajax to take it all, but I won't be sad with any of these two teams winning, so looking forward to that final.

• @axel said in Sports?:

Liverpool - Ajax would be a beautiful final, and feel so cruel to whoever loses it. I'm rooting for Ajax to go all the way, they'd be the biggest underdogs to win it since Porto over 10 years ago.

Well shit.

@bard91 Same, due to time difference I can never watch football anymore and it's really frustrating. I was lucky the last World Cup was in Russia so closer to me, and some matches were in the afternoon, but apart from that I can only ever watch highlights.

• Fantastic semis on UCL. Football at it's best.

• Fantastic semis on UCL. Football at it's best.

• Well, RIP Avalanche but they had a sweet playoff run. The NHL playoffs have been awesome this year and I think it sold me on watching more NHL next year.

My city might go crazy if the Raptors make the finals. I think it can happen. I'm not actually a Raptors fan but I'll support them these playoffs since I want them to resign Leonard. I just hope Toronto doesn't riot like cities tend to do...

Ferrari has a new engine ready to go for the Spanish GP this Friday so that's what I'm excited about in sports atm.

• @dipset said in Sports?:

My city might go crazy if the Raptors make the finals. I think it can happen. I'm not actually a Raptors fan but I'll support them these playoffs since I want them to resign Leonard. I just hope Toronto doesn't riot like cities tend to do...

Low blow, man. But we can't definitively say the same won't happen in Toronto since the Leafs haven't been to a finals since there have been more than 6 teams in the league. Not to take away from rioting twice in 20 years over hockey being the dumbest thing ever.

Nothing against the Raptors but I feel like Kawhi is just auditioning this year for a big payday with an LA team. That's a judgement of him, not the Raptors or Toronto. But I'm sure it'll be super cool to be there if they make it.

• @e_zed_eh_intern

I actually try to avoid watching the games in public because Raptors fans are basically just people who don't know anything about sports but are Raptors fans regardless. BUT what was lit was Blue Jays in the playoffs in 2015 against the Texas Rangers. I watched all of those games in public and nothing has compared to the Batista walk off home run bat flip. We all went CRAZY!

EDIT: To your point about the tryout season. I kinda agree but Toronto is the number 3 sports market in North America and they have enough money to throw at a top 5 player in the league. Not to mention Raptors are low key trash without him.

• All England final in Champions League AND Europa League - as predicted by Nostradamus in 2012 as he flew over the icy hills of hell on his pet pig, Jimmy Hoffa.

• Ice hockey world championship started in Bratislava, Slovakia today. And the Finnish team without practically any NHL players this time around beat team Canada, sweet.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_IIHF_World_Championship

• @sentinel-beach

Back on an Italy and Czech Republic summer vacation in 2015, I saw an IIHF World Championship game in Prague. I think it was Canada vs Belarus. It was pretty much pond hockey for team Canada so the players weren't celebrating too much and neither were the Canadian fans, but those Belarus fans were insane chanting the whole game. It was a really fun experience to see how much everybody was loving it. I got baseball in Japan type of energy from the Belarus fans.

Then afterwards we watched the Czech game with the Czech fans in the beer garden and that shit was even more mental than inside the arena itself. I wanna say it was CR vs USA and both countries turned out hard. I get why international sports get serious and bring out the fans, but I didn't know anybody actually cared about IIHF thaaaaaat much.

It was a good time.