Valkyria Chronicles 4 (PS4, Switch, Xbox One)

• Figured I'd make a thread for it. With all the good things I heard from Ben about the previous game, this might be my entry into the series, I'll follow it up closely.

• @Axel Knowing your affinity for turn-based strategy RPGs, I imagine you'd really enjoy this game. I only recently discovered the series when the remaster of Valkyria Chronicles launched last year, but I fell in love with the harmony of gameplay and emotion and the story that those elements conveyed. Heck, my profile thumbnail for this forum is of the main character, Welkin Gunther.

I know nothing about the sequels that followed, but that screenshot looks like it could have been ripped straight from the first game. I'm excited to see where the project leads.

• I knew about the sequel but honestly didn't know there was a third game.

• impossible. everyone knows the Switch only gets ports of year old games on it. never any new 3rd party games.

• @DIPSET that's because the 3rd one was a Japan-only PSP game. I think the second one didn't do well outside Japan, so we never got 3.

It's good to see that after missing out on 3 in the west and the terrible Valkyria Revolution, the series is seemingly back on track.

VC1 is one of the greats, so I'm optimistic about this one!

• Just hope we're not missing any context since we never got 3.

• What's is good to see is that this is aligning with what Sega said about bringing back old franchises and doing so in apparently an appropriate way, hopefully this has had a proper time to develop since it's the first time we hear of it and it is coming out fairly soon.

I'm also interested in seeing how different the Switch and PS4 version will end up being

• super hyped, 11 was one of my favorite game from the ps3

• I hope this one has a tone and characters more like 2 than the first one.

• One of my favorite games gets a sequel, life couldn't be better.

@Minamik said in Valkyria Chronicles 4 (PS4, Switch, Xbox One):

Just hope we're not missing any context since we never got 3.

3 is probably the least relevant game storywise. It's a sidestory that takes place during the events of the first game. Will most likely be little or nothing mentioned about the events of 3 in 4.

@Sheria said in Valkyria Chronicles 4 (PS4, Switch, Xbox One):

I hope this one has a tone and characters more like 2 than the first one.

It's going to be more grounded and war focused like VC1, not focused on school hijinks like 2. They want to return to series roots. That said I thought 2 got kinda stupid in regards to characters and tone. I mean the protag shot himself to try and make a classmate get over a trauma of having her parents die in front of her. Though I guess the tone overall was a bit more lighthearted.

• Just a PSA: Valkyria Chronicles Remastered is 55% off on PSN for Black Friday, for anything interested in checking the series out or who just want to reacquaint themselves.

• Awesome news

I hope that Sega eventually brings back Shining Force

Looks like your connection to Easy Allies Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.