Lost Games

• We all love games, and we all probably like to collect and play as many as we can, but what about when you lose a game or console? Have you ever lost a game/console that you loved? How did you lose it? Have you bought another copy? Did you find it?

I have a horrible affinity for losing things, so I've lost a lot of games over the years. But luckily I also have a tendency to find lost items a few years after I misplaced them, usually after I've bought a replacement copy. Yesterday I was cleaning my bathroom and found 5 DS carts I lost like 8 years ago stuck to the bottom of a drawer. They're all still playable and in good shape. One of them I had bought a replacement copy for, lost that copy, and then bought a third copy of, so it's a little weird to have the original. I've also had a couple other larger losses of games. When I was 11 or 12, I was on a plane with my family, sitting next to my Dad. I put my original DS and all my games in my backpack and told my Dad to watch the bag while I went to the bathroom. When I got back my Dad was asleep and the backpack was gone. When I was a freshman in high school I had a 3DS that I would keep in one of my binders with all my games(it was one of the big ones with a zipper). I left the binder in one of my classrooms when the bell rang. I came back for it next period but the binder was gone. About a week later the binder showed up in lost in found but my 3DS and all my games were gone. The last time I had a big loss of games was what I refer to as "The Great Disc Disaster". My family and I had to temporarily move away, so we hired a moving company to transport all of our important stuff. I took all of my consoles in a box with me in our car, and I gave the moving company another couple of boxes filled with all of my game discs, at the time I owned about 50 or so games for the PS2, Wii, and WiiU. The moving truck got into an accident on the way to our new place, thankfully no one was seriously hurt, but a lot of our stuff got wrecked, including all of my games. Of the 50 or so I packed, 7 survived. So yeah. I'm still trying to buy back all of my old games, but since then I've gotten a PS3, PS4, and Vita, so I have more systems to buy for. Probably gonna take me a while to get them all back.

• I've lost so much stuff, through lending to friends or just misplacing it, always sucks. I've also found people's lost games before though, so that's a small silver lining.

List of lost games/accessories I can remember:
    Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario Galaxy, all the Super Mario Advance games (seriously wtf)
    Pokemon Red, Pokemon Silver, Pokemon Crystal, Pokemon TCG
    Super Smash Bros. Melee
    Harvest Moon 64
    Dreamcast VMU
    miscellaneous other Gameboy and PS2 games I don't remember and don't really miss

Lost games I replaced: (all digitally, most 3DS VC)
    Super Mario 64, Super Mario 1-3, (not quite the same as Advance ones but close enough) Yoshi's Island (through my SNES Classic)
    Pokemon TCG

PC games I still have the discs of but lost the boxes with those old activation codes for, so they're effectively worthless:
    The Sims+All Expansions
    Roller Coaster Tycoon 1 and 2
    Diablo 2 (actually if I remember correctly, this one will still work without the code, thanks for being cool Blizzard!)

• I've lost several games over the years.. mostly I open up a game case and find something else in there that I borrowed from a friend and never exchanged again, so I guess I broke even haha. For the most part I'm pretty good about keeping track of my games though.. especially PS3 on

I recently realized that almost all of my gameboy stuff has disappeared and I have no idea what happened. I can only guess someone that was at my house stole it or something

• I was very fastidious about keeping track of things, but I lost a ton of my games and controllers when I moved before high school. That included;

• Twilight Princess (Wii)
    • Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
    • SSB: Brawl
    • Super Mario: Sunshine
    • Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness
    • Billy Hatcher
    • Lego Star Wars DS
    • The boxes for many Wii and Gamecube games
    • A bunch of other DS games that I can't even remember

Man, this is making me nostalgic for disc art since I've gone digital for 8th gen and since Nintendo's moved to tiny cartridges. I really like the Wii designs, they just seemed so big and colorful after coming off of Gamecube's shrunken discs with the, admittedly cool, reflective metallic tops.

• @Haru17 Aw man those are some great games! I hope you were able to buy some of them back.

• @michemagius I bought Metroid Prime Trilogy and Twilight Princess, this time for Gamecube. I also ordered Brawl but that wasn't really worth it without the kind of friend one tends to have when they're younger.

That's about it. Pokemon XD is like $100 now, which is more than I'm willing to pay, haha.

• @Haru17 Yeah Pokemon games get crazy expensive. I've been trying to buy another copy of Black2 and I can't find any decent prices.

• Wow! Those are some major losses! :(

I lost a little 3-pack DS case with my copy of "The World Ends With You" "Kingdom Hearst 358/2 Days" and one other game I'm uncertain of. I thought it was gone forever but it was actually found inside a chair at my partner's parent's house 2 years later.

I don't know what the bigger bummer is though, losing a game or losing the data. I had a PS2 card with my Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy X, and my .Hack// save files on it. One of my college roommates took it when they moved out, not sure if it was intentional or not. That was crushing, especially with the .Hack// ones since I was at the end of Mutation and knew getting myself to replay Infection and Mutation was a lost cause.

• I wish I had kept track of my sega genesis and original playstation. No idea what happened to them actually. I assume my parents sold them, or more likely threw them out, probably same with the games.
    I miss my Phantasy Star IV and Legend of Dragoon.

Looks like your connection to Easy Allies Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.