A rant regarding this community

• As you'll see this is obviously my first post on EZA but please take into consideration that I was an active member of the GT community since 2006(ish) and although I have not been active since the jump to the EZA forums I have watched from the outside and I have one thing to say.

This community is poisoned.

The backlash that I've seen from a very vocal minority after Brandon agreed to join Colin Moriarty on a casual discussion of videogames, Patreon etc is a hindrance to the potential success and outreach of what EZA is trying to accomplish. I've seen people take Colin's tweets and jokes entirely out of context in an attempt to discredit him just because he's not a far-lefty.

it seems to be that "Love and Respect" is only a mantra when it applies to a certain political opinion. Identity Politics only apply to a very specific set of ideals and minorities, whether they be black, gay or trans, but will immediately get thrown under the bus if they step out of a politcal line.

I didn't see any of you frothing at the mouth when Ian Hinck made a poor attempt at humour by saying "He hits me because he loves me" joke a couple of months back on a podcast, or how about when Ashley Burch and her pathetic brother wrote an episode of "Hey Ash, Whatcha Playin'" where domestic abuse was the butt of the joke. Why are you fine with this?

At this point I'm just aimlessly ranting and venting but if I'm to get back on point I think I've narrowed down the problem.

NeoGAF

The biggest echochamber in the history of internet forums (as well as ResetEra) has attempted to merge with the EZA community and it clearly shows, luckily this is only a very vocal minority but the backlash of Man A talking with Man B over something as silly as videogames is deafening and it reflects poorly on what the 9 guys are trying to build.

Anyway, there are probably a few more points I wanted to add but I'm too tired. I apologise for dedicating an entire thread to this but as someone who was loved the GT team for over 10 years I couldn't help but speak my mind over what could potentially damage their reputation.

• Does the poison tick on steps taken or only in combat?

• That has nothing to do with this community and more to do with how close-minded people as a whole are.
    But I will agree that too many people use "Love & Respect" as some sort of shield. The people in the community that tend to use it tends to be the most passive aggressive, close-minded or downright asshole:ish out of them all yet try and hide behind "L&R".

This idea that Brandon shouldn't be allowed to show up and talk to (for example) Colin about videogames otherwise people threaten to remove their Patreon support and shit is downright absurd to me. There is absolutely zero "Love" and "Respect" you're showing here when you do something like that.
    Even IF a person was a massive asshole that should still not prevent Brandon to have a casual discussion about videogames. Doing so does not mean Brandon would support or agree with said asshole's views and ideas.

But again, it's not a problem tied to a single community, but people as a whole. The problem gets amplified when people go online since it makes proper discussions even harder (logical fallacies are rampant). Though to be fair a lot of people tend to seek out isolated communities to form echo chambers. This is partially why I absolutely detest reddit and their subreddit+voting system.

I'm ranting a bit too now, but basically there's very little you can actually do about it apart from simply ignoring these close-minded people. Sounds kind of contradictory but really 99% of the time when you try and hold a reasonable discussion with a close-minded person online it will fail. So while I can't speak for Brandon I personally would've gone through with the talk with Colin and then addressed the community if for some reason the backlash was big enough. If they still want to drop their Patreon support after that then fine, because I wouldn't want the support of such nasty close-minded people anyway that hide behind "L&R" while doing the exact opposite.

• Cool. I'm just going to post exactly what I said in the other thread about basically the same topic.

................................................................................................................................

"This situation is a lot more complex than people give it credit for. Frankly, it was mishandled and that is becoming a recurring theme in EZA drama and causing fractures in the community.

I think one thing people forgot with the discourse is that Brandon ASKED for feedback about it. He knew it would be controversial, or at least saw the negative reactions on YT during Cup of Jones, and requested the community to send in their opinions. The people who thought it was a bad idea are being treated like they expressed their concerns unprompted or are trying to be controlling. Brandon ASKED for opinions, the feedback was not unsolicited.

For me it boils down to the fact that Colin is incredibly abrasive. He claims to be accepting and all that but when it comes to actually talking to members of the groups he claims to accept, and having them point out that things he has said are downright offensive, or could be taken that way, he will double down, tell them he knows better than they do, and then act smug about it. The whole "Day Without Women" tweet exemplifies this. After the backlash, over what he claimed was a joke, he printed out and framed the tweet. He is proud of upsetting people and has shown time and time again that he won't take the feelings of the people he hurts into consideration.

I'm personally not upset that Jones did the show, that is his prerogative, and interacting with people we may not fundamentally agree with is just a fact of life. That said, I get why other people had a much more severe reaction. There are community members who get a lot of flack and harassment from the not so nice EZA "fans", you know the same ones who write awful things about the 9 and especially Ian and Damiani. These fans were afraid of being opened to more of that harassment through this collaboration. Guess what? They got harassed more, when the discussion was brought to Twitter. Aside from fans pulling Colin into the discussion, one of his fans decided to write an article about the situation and grabbed tweets from the EZA fans who were more outspoken with their distaste, which got them harassed more by Colin's fans. Colin himself screengrabbed a deleted tweet, from someone with around 20 followers, which said nothing inflammatory against him it simply expressed concern that this collaboration would open the community to more toxicity, but the poster said the magic word "Resetera" which was enough for Colin to paint a target on his back. Colin retweeted the guy and then posted the screengrab to his 160k+ followers and obviously that didn't go great. I'm hesitant to share the post, because the person involved already got enough harassment over it, but the tweet is still on Colin's Twitter if you care to find it and judge for yourself. Colin has continued to target EZA fans, especially those on Resetera, who don't have a favorable opinion of him.

All in all, the fears these EZA fans expressed came true, before the collaboration even happened, and then they felt doubly betrayed by the decision of Jones to do the show. I get why they're upset. The people who were hit hardest by attacks were for the most part well spoken and had concrete examples of things that they found troubling. When confronted with Colin they engaged him as best they could and even conceded that some things they brought to the table were just examples of Colin poorly wording his thoughts that allowed them to be easily misconstrued. To all this Colin said "Maybe you're the problem?"

So I get why people were upset, continue to be upset, and will probably take this event into consideration for a long while. Jones mishandled this situation, not in his decision to do the show, but to open it to discussion and to then take the discussion public with a vague tweet that caused confusion and exacerbated an already heated situation."

......................................................................................................................................

As to the points about Ian's joke, domestic violence jokes aren't funny but I can't speak to if anyone said anything about it or why/why not. With the way Ian is put under a microscope by the "other side" of the community I really doubt it went under the radar. I personally don't remember the joke, or the episode it was made in, so without that knowledge I can't speak to it any more than that or see if there was any outcry regarding it, but domestic violence shouldn't be made light of. Period.

The "Hey Ash, Whatcha Playin" episode you referenced was what, 7 years ago? Older? and it DID get a ton of backlash. There is now a huge disclaimer up before the episode, as well as a number of other episodes, apologizing for the episode, including content warnings, and noting that they left it up as a way to show how shitty the whole thing was and to serve as an example of how it wasn't and isn't okay.

• @logic__error said in A rant regarding this community:

Brandon ASKED for opinions, the feedback was not unsolicited.

That forgives things like threatening to remove their patreon support if he goes through with it? It's one thing to voice your opinion in a civil manner and something totally different to do what many of these people giving "feedback" did.
    Yeah I get your point, but frankly a lot of these people that were "upset" were not very civil about it, to put it lightly. Therein lies the problem.
    Simply talking to someone should not be an issue, which is the very thing people had issues with.

• @suplextrain Where did I say I support any of what you just implied?

People on both "sides" of the issue made those threats and, while I don't think using your pledge as leverage is fair in the slightest, in the end what someone chooses to do with their money is their business.

There was a lack of civility everywhere during this and pointing fingers doesn't make anyone more civil. If you thing the lack of civility was one sided you weren't paying attention. It just furthers the "Us" vs "Them" mentality that fuels these fires. That is why my point is that EZA, or in this case Brandon specifically, is to blame for mishandling situations when things like this, and the PBS fallout, happen. They don't have the time to address these issues, clearly, but the complete silence that comes along with these problems is exactly what lets it get out of hand.

This discussion started on Cup of Jones and if Brandon wanted it to spread the discussion to Twitter it should have been done with a detailed post, not a vague tweet about non specific feedback. The vague tweet caused confusion that allowed this to snowball beyond the negativity that was happening on Pateron. EZA, through their continued silence when something becomes an issue, is allowing the community as a whole to create their own narratives in these situations and it is the reason things keep getting out of control. They are forcing the community to police itself and that clearly doesn't work.

Brandon is obviously busy, with all the things they have coming up, but since CoJ this past Tuesday he has been totally silent about everything that has happened and I anticipate he will continue to be silent until next Tuesday's CoJ when he is forced to confront it and that is a problem.

Where did I say I support any of what you just implied?

Before you go on the defensive, maybe actually calm down a bit and read what I said.

There was a lack of civility everywhere during this and pointing fingers doesn't make anyone more civil. If you thing the lack of civility was one sided you weren't paying attention. It just furthers the "Us" vs "Them" mentality that fuels these fires.

Now you're going off on a tangent which I frankly feel isn't relevant at all. It's completely irrelevant to the point I made that people should not flip out simply because Brandon wanted to talk to someone about videogames. That's the core issue here, not that people started to fling shit at eachother.

Now of course the EZA crew isn't exactly experienced when it comes to handling stuff like this, so they tend to slip up every so often. But frankly Brandon wanting to talk to Colin should be a non-issue. He should really not have had to prepare some huge statement before doing it or ask for the communities permission. That's insane.
    If someone can't control their emotions to the point where they feel they have to control others to the point where they tell someone they should not be speaking to person X or Y, then they're the problem. You should not bend or put on kiddy gloves for people like this. This really has nothing to do with Brandon "mishandling" the situation since for any reasonable person this shouldn't even have been a "situation" in the first place.

The thing with Senran Kagura and how they handled it was clumsy and a bit of an issue. But this? This should be swept under the rug, forgotten and the people that thought that Brandon shouldn't have talked to Colin should be ignored until they mature mentally. Further discussing this is utterly pointless since it will lead nowhere.
    No really, what do you think shoudl be done? Brandon should say "Yeah I fucked up" on CoJ and that will somehow "fix" it in your eyes? When the problem isn't even with Jones, but other people? That would just further enable these people's behaviour.

I'm really curious to hear what you actually think should be done. In detail. Not just a "Brandon should talk about this" or something vague like that.

• @suplextrain I'm perfectly calm and I read everything you said.

My point was not irrelevant nor was it a tangent. It was directly related to your assertion of:

@suplextrain said in A rant regarding this community:

It's one thing to voice your opinion in a civil manner and something totally different to do what many of these people giving "feedback" did.
    Yeah I get your point, but frankly a lot of these people that were "upset" were not very civil about it, to put it lightly. Therein lies the problem.

People in support of the collaboration also got hostile, threatened to pull their pledges, many did, and started attacking other people in the community. Those people shouldn't have "flipped out" either. Those kinds of knee-jerk reactions are a problem, on that we agree, but this charge typically seems to be weighed as a way to discredit one "side" of a disagreement as being emotional and irrational. Rational people get upset. Scared people get upset. Civility should always be what we strive for but everyone slips up and we can't always expect to be met with civility. If we dismiss anyone who gets emotional in the face of controversy, then we will fail to understand their point of view, and when that happens there is no point in having a discussion at all.

Again, I'll reiterate, Brandon asked for people's opinions. There aren't exactly a plethora of stances someone can take when the question is "Should I collaborate with X person?" You may feel that this should have been a non-issue but Jones apparently thought it was an issue and worth discussing. In that case, shouldn't your problem be with him?

There is no perfect way to fix this situation and I'm not claiming there is. Nothing Brandon says now will ever make everyone happy. When he put the idea of collaborating with Colin up as something to be debated, it created a situation where he was going to piss people off either way. I personally think doing the collaboration was the only option he had once he put it up to debate. The backlash of him deciding not to do it would have been even worse.

Since there is no simple fix, and I honestly don't have the time to come up with what I think should be "Brandon's 12 Step Program to Sorting This Out", I'm not going to waste my time. Nothing I come up with will be perfect, just like nothing Brandon comes up with will be perfect, but he will have to address it. I don't agree that sweeping it under the rug will magically make it go away and I don't agree with outright dismissing people who don't share the same opinion as me. It's not up to us though, it's up to Brandon to decide.

I just want the Allies to be more cognizant in the future when molehills start to become mountains. Conflict can't be avoided, and they can't address every little thing that happens, but things can be maintained. This was a maintainable situation that was allowed to get out of control. I'm personally just hoping for more care to be taken down the line.

• There isn't anything worth replying to in your post, logic__error, because frankly it might as well not have been posted. I don't mean that as a slight but you really didn't add anything to the discussion. All you're basically saying is that they should be better about handling something like this in the future while being as vague as possible. Yeah ok, as if that was even the issue.
    You seem to believe that the problem lied with Brandon because he asked the community when the actual problem were the people flipping out telling (or downright demanding/threatening) him not to talk to Colin. The question itself is perfectly fine.You seem to believe that all these people that got really upset would have remained silent if Brandon never even asked the question, but that is frankly just naive.

But you've said your piece and made it clear you don't really have anything further to add, so we'll leave it here.

• @suplextrain said:

I'm ranting a bit too now, but basically there's very little you can actually do about it apart from simply ignoring these close-minded people. Sounds kind of contradictory but really 99% of the time when you try and hold a reasonable discussion with a close-minded person online it will fail.

Even if you assume this ahead of time, you should not ignore them. Ignoring and blacklisting people only spreads the hate. I've seen people in this community outright ask for others to be removed forcefully from the community in instances even, and while you should use ignore function on Twitch if you absolutely can't stand someone's presence and can't bring yourself to work it out and would only cause drama over your dislike of them, you should try to be like Jones and strive to at least attempt peaceful communication with someone you disagree with respectfully at least once.

Now, I'm not saying they'll listen. I'm not saying it'll go well even. Hell, they might get your words and feelings twisted and labeled with some really painful words like toxic and completely kicked around and mocked by their friend circle or shunned entirely yourself for having the views you have on a matter. They might tell you off and claim your presence or willingness to communicate is a threat to their safe presence in the community as well. If that happens, all you can do is respectfully back off and just hope some day they're willing to come to you with an openness to communicate.

We're all fans of EZA. We're going to have different views on matters and reasons for those views. Yes, some people are especially hard to reason with and seem to have their minds made up and closed off to anything they don't want to hear mostly because they've been through rough experiences and are used to having to fight for every inch, but that's still a part of your community, and you should still show them a basic level of respect, whether they'll return it or not. Just once, and then you can say you gave them a fair chance.

• @Mbun said in A rant regarding this community:

Even if you assume this ahead of time, you should not ignore them. Ignoring and blacklisting people only spreads the hate.

Trying to reason with unreasonable close-minded people online is pointless. Twitter especially is a terrible place for discussion, it simply isn't designed for it with the wordlimit and all.
    I don't think people should be censored or something, but if I've spent over 1 hour trying to reason with someone only for them to consistently fall back on logical fallacies then it's clear I'm just wasting my time. If neither I or they grow from a discussion it's pointless to even have it, so I personally would ignore them for a pretty long time. I'd probably give them another chance after a year or two to see if they've matured.

But if you want to spend time trying to reason with people that think they should decide who people should be allowed to talk to on twitter (or online in general), then be my guest. Close-mindedness can't really be cured online with random people. That generally calls for a face-to-face discussion but even that can be difficult.

I'm all for giving people a fair shake, but when people start coming with extreme ideas and opinions like trying to threaten people to do what they say then you know you're dealing with some pretty extreme people.
    It's just not worth the time investment. You yourself gain absolutely nothing from it and they will most likely ignore whatever you have to say, so you just ended up wasting 1 hour on something completely pointless. i don't care enough about random people online to try and open their minds to new ideas for free for extended periods of time. I'd rather just hang out with my gf, play a game, work on personal projects, etc. instead. At the end of the day their close-mindedness is their problem.

• @suplextrain That's fine. I felt similarly about your posts and we were just going to continue going in circles, I was already prepared to say approximately the same thing, depending on your reply. So at least we agree on something! I've seen your posts in the forums before and I know we have very different points of view, but very similar temperaments, so I didn't have much hope for the discussion anyways. At least we both know when to call it quits and that counts for something, I suppose.

@Mbun That was very well said. I think it is wrong to dismiss people we don't agree with without trying to hash it out first, even if it's a difficult road and not everyone will be as willing, or able, to participate.

• @suplextrain All I'm getting at is don't let others close-mindedness lead to your own. You don't have to give them a solid hour either. You can usually tell in less time whether you're having a discussion or an argument. Just keep yourself respectful and open, let them know you're open if they want to approach you the same. If you don't have time to talk then, or whenever they come back to talk, try to work out a time good for both of you too. That's all. Yes, it often will not work out, but sometimes it might even if just a little, and that's worth all the times it doesn't.

• This post is deleted!

I felt similarly about your posts and we were just going to continue going in circles

Well just to clarify. You really didn't have a point. What you said can basically be summarized with: Brandon was the "instigator" and they should be better about handling these situations in the future.
    I can see why you could think that Brandon was the spark, but I think that's a strange mindset when the ones that actually turned this into a debacle were the ones flipping out and telling/threatening Brandon to not talk to Colin.
    As for your "solution" it's 99% worthless and not helpful in the least. It's the equivalent of telling someone to "stop sucking".

So it's not that I felt that the act of discussing with you was a problem, but what you were discussing was pointless (and in regards to the instigator, slightly misguided).
    Basically if you don't want to look at the situation and analyze it to try and locate where the problems began and how to avoid it in the future, then why even bother discuss it?
    But if all you wanted was simply to voice your opinion and not discuss then there is no need to discuss anything either.
    Hope this cleared things up a bit.

@Mbun said in A rant regarding this community:

ll I'm getting at is don't let others close-mindedness lead to your own

Always giving people a chance isn't really a sign of open-mindedness. A stubborn or close-minded person can use that to try and convince themselves they're not.
    The fact of that matter is that it's almost always a waste of time to engage in a discussion with people with extrene opinions online. I partake in discussions if I think it's interesting, as in to challenge either my ideas or the other person's ideas.
    If a discussion clearly won't challenge my ideas (like really, using threats to try and control who others should talk to is not exactly a side I would buy into) and a higher understanding of their inner mindset doesn't really help me (unless I was to deal with a similar person again). To convince someone with extreme opinions is hard. Even more so online due to numerous factors. So the chance of successfully challenging their ideas is usually extremely slim.
    So realistically what do I have to gain from trying to challenge the ideas of countless people online that don't really want their ideas to be challenged? Nothing.

So it's not that I'm against discussion, it's that I won't try and force people to challenge their ideas by starting discussions with people with extreme ideas. It's about saving time for things I care more about.

• Global Moderator

First of all, Just want to say to everyone here that remember to take a extra breath before you post. These threads have a tendancy to quickly derail and have people shouting at each other and let things get nasty.

This whole Brandon - Colin thing has really stired things up over the last week. What I can see though is (as OP mentioned) a vocal MINORITY that kept shouting and jumped at peoples throat as soon as they didnt agree.

To say that this community is poisoned I would say is taking it a little too far. Unfortunately we can't just right up ban someone as soon as they voice an opinion. What we can do though is to try and keep things on the subject, try and steer conversations back onto the right track and try and uphold the "love and respect" that actually are such a big thing in this community. I think that on the internet, no matter where you go there will be people that simply are after trigger others and/or are quick to post things in the heat of the moment which then ends up making things worse.

I am not saying that we should all just let things go like the wild west, but rather try to steer things into the right place. That said, there are lines that people can (and have) passed which is beyond acceptable. Threats are NEVER okey and never will be.

Also I got a little chocked that people made it sound like the world would end over one collab. Jones asked and we provided feedback. It would had been one thing if despite the strong opinions Jones would still of taken Colin in and done stuff for the EZA channel, but now Jones decided to be a GUEST on a different community, which he in my opinion handled well.

I will say now that I am not a huge fan of Colin, but rather than shouting at JONES for interacting with a person I dont like... I just decide to not watch the person I dont like.

• @Lotias said in A rant regarding this community:

First of all, Just want to say to everyone here that remember to take a extra breath before you post. These threads have a tendancy to quickly derail and have people shouting at each other and let things get nasty.

This whole Brandon - Colin thing has really stired things up over the last week. What I can see though is (as OP mentioned) a vocal MINORITY that kept shouting and jumped at peoples throat as soon as they didnt agree.

To say that this community is poisoned I would say is taking it a little too far. Unfortunately we can't just right up ban someone as soon as they voice an opinion. What we can do though is to try and keep things on the subject, try and steer conversations back onto the right track and try and uphold the "love and respect" that actually are such a big thing in this community. I think that on the internet, no matter where you go there will be people that simply are after trigger others and/or are quick to post things in the heat of the moment which then ends up making things worse.

I am not saying that we should all just let things go like the wild west, but rather try to steer things into the right place. That said, there are lines that people can (and have) passed which is beyond acceptable. Threats are NEVER okey and never will be.

Also I got a little chocked that people made it sound like the world would end over one collab. Jones asked and we provided feedback. It would had been one thing if despite the strong opinions Jones would still of taken Colin in and done stuff for the EZA channel, but now Jones decided to be a GUEST on a different community, which he in my opinion handled well.

I will say now that I am not a huge fan of Colin, but rather than shouting at JONES for interacting with a person I dont like... I just decide to not watch the person I dont like.

That last part is what I wish other people would take advantage of more as well, until colin's involvement with EZA really does create a problem it's really as simple as you said for right now.

I gave the podcast a listen to hear how Brandon reacted to him, it's not every day that He (Or any ally) is challenged on viewpoints because they feel like they answer to us, so I wanted to see if there would be a different vibe or viewpoint either from Jones or Colin that would possibly change people's perceptions.

But I digress, I don't want to derail the thread. There's no real source to the changes in the community, it's the same as people accusing Colin and his community for creating the toxicity people on the other side of the argument perceive. Which in it and of itself makes no sense cause EZA has been around longer than this one collab.

Either way. No community is going to have people that completely get along, that's a naive idea...while admirable. We can only do our best to try and at least be civil. Which a lot of people seem to have no interest in doing.

Even people who wish to remain indifferent or neutral aren't treated too well from what I've seen. Wish I knew how to convince people to just stop being defensive before things even happen, it's not productive and leads to situations like this.

• @MarceloLaborda said in A rant regarding this community:

but we should have encouraged them to take it down a notch, and given them another chance to hear them out. Instead, we ignored them, or worse yet, ridiculed them and isolated them even more than they already are.

To be quite frank, it's up to them to behave in a sensible manner. Sure there is nothing wrong with trying to reason with an asshat and that is admirable, but I don't like the idea that the sensible and reasonable people should go out of their way to try and reason with these people. That "we" should be better and always try and work through others problems.

Sometimes I even need a day to process my feelings and reconsider things. Does that make me a bad person?

Everyone can screw up, get frustrated and angry but it's up to you to man up and admit that you behaved poorly and were out of line. Sitting on your ass waiting for an olive branch before you admit that you were out of line is a terrible habit and mindset to have.
    Don't get me wrong, I often give people a fair shake but the problem lies squarely in the people that went out of line's lap. It should not be up to me to sort all of these people's problems out.
    If people start to ignore them because they behave like asshats then again that's their problem and a problem they need to sort out. It's especially annoying when most of the time these people just stick to their guns and don't see reason.
    Again it's admirable to want to reason and help these people, but it's also an unrealistic demand to make of someone. I feel that in a way puts the blame on the wrong party, trying to target their guilt of "Yeah I could've tried to reason with this asshole (more/better)". This isn't a friend, co-worker or something, but a complete stranger online.

As for Brandon I understand why he asked the community, but I don't think he should've. He shouldn't ask the community for pemission, especially when he planned on talking with Colin anyway. The people that got really upset, some of them resorting to threats and shit, still would've flipped out anyway.

@Lotias said in A rant regarding this community:

These threads have a tendancy to quickly derail

It has already started to derail. I don't think any progress is being done ITT anyway so I'll just leave the thread. I've said my piece in two threads already. Harping on about who is really to blame or whatever is pointless.

With this "incident" it's just people being people (read: people as a whole are "poisoned"). Brandon made the right call of talking to Colin and now this incident should be buried and forgotten because the core issue some people have is that Brandon shouldn't be allowed to talk to certain people, which is frankly absurd. I mean what would give you the right to decide who Brandon, or anyone, gets to talk to? I'm sure these people wouldn't like the idea of being told who they're allowed to talk to.

• Global Moderator

@suplextrain Yeah I agree, hence why I posted, Im willing to overlook the discussions going on for now, but hoped that my post would help people realise to take a step back wihout comin across to harsh.

I do agree as well that most things that needed to be said have now been said and the thing at matter can kinda die out. We are not Brandonds parents, who he interact with outside of content created EZA things, we shouldnt have a say in.

• I had never even heard of heard of Collin but I agree about ResetEra being a echo chamber. Guess this means Jontron is a no go for future partnerships as wel. Sad.

I do think Allies being guests on other podcasts is a smart idea. Maybe podcasts like Radio Free Nintendo would bring new members. Taking part in Gamexplain discussions could be helpful as well.