Your Top 5 Games of 2017

• I know we'll all discuss what our GOTY is as a forum later, but I want to know what your personal favorite games of 2017 were. Doesn't matter if it was AAA or well reviewed, if you liked it a lot, put it on the list! I know a lot of smaller games slipped through the cracks for a lot of gamers this year, so it'll be interesting to see what games left an impact on everyone.

My Top 5 of 2017 Are (In No Particular Order):

-A Hat in Time
    -Persona 5
    -Nier: Automata
    -Little Nightmares
    -Danganronpa v3

I didn't play many new games this year because I was busier with school and work than last year, and I don't yet own a Switch so I don't know how amazing and awesome Odyssey is, even though I'm sure I'll love it when I do play it. But the games that I did play I enjoyed very thoroughly so I feel very good about my year in gaming.

• This was just discussed a little over a week ago.
    https://forums.easyallies.com/topic/4637/goty-2017-discussion

• This is what I've played this year....

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II, Uncharted 4: A Thief's End, Gravity Rush 2, Yakuza 0, Resident Evil 7 Biohazard, Nioh, Nier Automata, The Flame in the Flood, The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky The 3rd, Puyo Puyo Tetris, The Legend of Heroes: A Tear of Vermillion, Life is Strange, Persona 5, Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Yakuza Kiwami, Tales of Berseria, White Day: A Labyrinth Named School, The Evil Within 2, Super Mario Odyssey, .Hack//G.U. Rebirth

Eliminating things that didn't release this year leaves:

Gravity Rush 2, Yakuza 0, Resident Evil 7 Biohazard, Nioh, Nier Automata, The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd, Puyo Puyo Tetris, Persona 5, Breath of the Wild, Yakuza Kiwami, Tales of Berseria, White Day, Evil Within 2, Super Mario Odyssey, and the .Hack collection.

You're asking me to narrow that down to 5? Ok, here's a hottake!

Yakuza 0
    Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd
    Nioh
    Tales of Berseria

My last one would be between RE7 and GR2.

And I've been happy with every game I've played this year, lol.

• With your title of "Five" I can't leave them here because that's how my votes will go! X-D

But on a more serious note, now that this is the second thread looking to discuss GOTYs, I wonder if we're better off kicking off the GOTY list. Maybe it's because we're still in the mindset that now is the time to discuss it as opposed to January once 2017 is officially in the books, but from what I've seen, there is very little in the pipeline for this month.

Now these games COULD, in theory, make a person's top 5 of the year, I doubt it ONLY because of the vast amount of quality games that have already been out for some time and much of these are expansions or remasters. But hey, I say this, and watch one of the following be someone's GOTY....

DOOM VFR
    Xenoblade Chronicles 2
    Dead Rising 4: Frank's Big Package
    Destiny 2: Curse of Osiris
    The Walking Dead: The TellTale Series Collection
    LocoRoco 2 remastered
    Fallout 4 VR
    Okami HD
    PUBG (officially)
    Resident Evil VII: Not a Hero and End of Zoe
    Final Fantasy XV: Episode Ignis
    Star Wars Battlefront II: The Last Jedi season