Hosting Streams

• Curious on the opinion of the EZA Twitch using the hosting feature on other channels when no one is streaming. For example, I would have much rather watched Nintendo's live event the first day of E3 with EZA's chat than Nintendo's chat. And yeah you CAN MultiTwitch it but eh...

Blood said a few hours ago in that other topic that they might do reactions to Nintendo Directs, but even if they can't do reactions it would still be cool to watch and discuss it live with people from our community. Just a thought.

• I'm not 100% on this but I believe there is a rule on Twitch that a streamer can't stream another streamer's stream.

• @ParkPants said in Hosting Streams:

I'm not 100% on this but I believe there is a rule on Twitch that a streamer can't stream another streamer's stream.

Twitch allows streamers to host other streamers because it's a built in functionality (when you host, your stream goes down and the hosted stream shows up instead). However, I think you're thinking of actually putting someone else's stream on top of you yourself streaming which is against the rules.

It makes sense for them to host since they aren't going to be streaming while they're on the show floor... but that would probably require one of them to stick behind to keep tabs on the stream so that might be why they didn't host any streams.

• This post is deleted!

• @Crimz said in Hosting Streams:

@ParkPants said in Hosting Streams:

I'm not 100% on this but I believe there is a rule on Twitch that a streamer can't stream another streamer's stream.

Twitch allows streamers to host other streamers because it's a built in functionality (when you host, your stream goes down and the hosted stream shows up instead). However, I think you're thinking of actually putting someone else's stream on top of you yourself streaming which is against the rules.

It makes sense for them to host since they aren't going to be streaming while they're on the show floor... but that would probably require one of them to stick behind to keep tabs on the stream so that might be why they didn't host any streams.

To add to this knowledge: all the streamer has to do (and it has to be the streamer) is hit !host (CHANNEL) and it will also send (or if they have the Twitch Extension Better Twitch TV direct them) chatters to the chat of the hosted stream.

Actually, what I think would be more useful for the EZA Twitch Stream is for Playlists to be set up for when the stream isn't active. And a Twitch Chat Bot (either a MooBot or a NightBot) in the chat. But, in any case, here's Twitch to tell you about how Playlisting Works: https://blog.twitch.tv/coming-soon-create-a-vod-playlist-e4cf550193c0#.vxb6kirok