Alternative sources of funding/donating to EZA?

• I have been an EZA fan from the start (and years upon years for GT) and was a Patron in the first year, however as the months went on my pledges started getting "payment declined" on the same debit card and account that worked perfectly in previous months. Unfortunately, this situation has persisted in the majority of 2017 where I have been unable to contribute to EZA even though I intended to.

I know that we can also Donate on Twitch, but since I live in GMT+5 country, I rarely ever get to watch any EZA stream live and usually consume youtube side of EZA content. Furthermore Paypal also does not work in my country so I cant utilize that method of transfer as well.

Since the Patreon's revamp of payment structure has been pretty controversial and many might be thinking of alternative sources of donating to EZA, I thought Id share my predicament and we all can brainstorm on a preferred alternate method of patronage we can make to Easy Allies that works for us and the EZA crew.

• Just throwing my ideas into the ring.
    Unless you're contributing a larger amount of money (in which case you should probably get in touch with the EZA crew for suggestions) I think just showing them support by talking about them, retweeting some of their posts and so on is enough. Vocal support is still support.

• I guess so. I am surely not a big time donor so that is a valid alternative. However, I just feel bad to see the pledge amount drop to mid-40s while I am not contributing anything. Would hate to see any of the 9 Allies have to leave if the money gets tight and I keep mooching off their videos for free.

• Global Moderator

Noone expects you to "fund" them. Just being here is a great thing! interact with the community, being positive and enjoy yourself is the main thing! Noone expects you to put money in, you are just as welcome even if you "only" consume their content on youtube.

As @suplextrain said, just help getting the word out is a great thing! spread your passion about them, just tweeting, sharing and talking about it helps the community grow. Show friends the new introduction movie they have made etc

Another thing you could do is to purchaise (if possible) some of their shirts etc. Also, when watching their videos make sure you dont use add block so (I think) they get some add moneys from youtube.

But once again, noone expects you to put in money, just being part of this awesome community is enough! L&R!

• I'm half tempted to just mail them a $20 bill.

• admin

@OMR said in Alternative sources of funding/donating to EZA?:

I guess so. I am surely not a big time donor so that is a valid alternative. However, I just feel bad to see the pledge amount drop to mid-40s while I am not contributing anything. Would hate to see any of the 9 Allies have to leave if the money gets tight and I keep mooching off their videos for free.

While the number of patrons have dropped, the amount of funding has actually gone up due to new sponsors. If you can't use the PayPal, I'm not 100% sure I can suggest another alternative at the moment, but we'll be watching to see how this settles out in case we need to provide more options.

• @OMR sounds like you need to contact your bank

• @Bloodworth good to know that the funding has gone up due to new sponsors. I hope you guys can get to the studio goal and beyond. The fact that PayPal doesn't support Pakistani cards is very frustrating. Hopefully, I will be able to contribute to EZA in the future.

• @ib0show unfortunately I have done so and they tell me that the payment gets rejected because the site presents wrong/incomplete info. I try to re-enter the card info but nothing changes. What frustrates me the most is the fact that the card worked fine in the first months of EZA but after then Patreon payment has been nothing but trouble.