Assassin's Creed Origins
    ME: Andromeda
    Destiny 2

Does it Count?
    FFXII: The Zodiac Age

To Play:
    What Remains of Edith Finch
    The Sexy Brutale

And those are the only 10 games from 2017 I own. I've managed to buy 10 all year. And I haven't played 3 of those, yet.

EDIT: OMG Nex Machina is fuuuuun!

• Resident Evil VII
    Horizon Zero Dawn
    For Honor
    Injustice 2
    Tekken 7
    Evil Within 2
    Uncharted The Lost Legacy
    Football Manager 2018
    Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
    Crash Bandicoot N'Sane Trilogy
    Yakuza 0
    Yakuza Kiwami
    Puyo Puyo Tetris
    Knack 2
    These are my favourite games of 2017, I don't have an order at the moment but Resident Evil VII is my GOTY

• @ib0show I feel like all of these will be on a lot of lists, and they're definitely all part of the common conversation, but I went a completely different way with my purchases this year.

Hell, I beat the Witcher, the first one, this year, for the first time, as well as both new Tomb Raider games. I'm on a completely different tear.

• I'm finally not on my phone, so I'll do my list. As always, I don't count remasters or ports of older titles, so even White Day is out for this one.

Game of the Year
    Prey

Runner Up
    Xenoblade Chronicles 2

The Rest
    Resident Evil VII
    Life is Strange: Before the Storm
    Yooka-Laylee
    Syberia 3
    Super Mario Odyssey
    Nier Automata
    Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony
    Divinity: Original Sin II

There's been many more this year that i'd like to mention, though I did find it easier to compile my list this year in comparison to the last few years. Blue Reflection was the one I found hardest to leave off.

• @ib0show RE7 is also my GOTY

• Boring GOTY: Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

It's a boring choice, it's showing up on a lot of GOTY lists, but it was also the game I had the most fun playing this year.

Not boring GOTY: Gravity Rush 2

It can be frustrating, the story is weird and disjointed, but I love the momentum, it has some wild side-quests, including maybe my favourite in a game ever, and a cast full of endearing characters.

Remaster of the year: Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age

Is always been an FF12 apologist, I genuinely love it, and the Zodiac Age fixed what was, in my view, the games biggest flaw, by adding a job system so all your characters don't end up very samey by the end.

Game I'm most upset to have not gotten to yet: TIE - Xenoblade Chronicles 2 & Yakuza 0/Kiwami

It's been a packed year, so it was hard to get to everything I wanted to. Xenoblade is one of my favorite RPGs, so I'm looking forward to spending some time over the holidays playing 2. I've always wanted to try getting into Yakuza, so with 0 and Kiwami this year, it seems like the best way to jump in. Going to have to wait until early 2018 to take the plunge.

• @Henry-Ramirez Did you play it in VR

• Game of the Year
    Persona 5

Runner up
    Nier: Automata

Biggest Surprise
    Yakuza 0

The Rest
    Wolfenstein 2
    Horizon: Zero Dawn
    Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
    Sonic Mania
    Hellblade
    Cuphead
    What Remains of Edith Finch

Still need to play AC: Origins, Resident Evil VII, Nioh, The Evil Within 2

Legend of Zelda: Breath of Wild,Super Mario Odyssey and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 would probably be on the list, but sadly I dont have a Switch yet.

• GOTY: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Runner up: Metroid Samus Returns

The Rest: Everything else.

• @Sazime The art for Gorogoa looks interesting, but I have no idea what it even is. Should I watch Ian's stream of it, or is this a game I'm better off going in blind?

• @Cypher You can watch about a minute or two of it, and you'll get the gist, I think. It's like a really trippy slide puzzle...kind of game, lol.

• @ib0show no, Xbox only

• @Minamik @Cypher Yeah, that's a good guideline. The first few puzzles give you a good gist of the mechanics, and then it goes a little crazy. :)

• In order

Persona 5
    Yakuza 0
    Sonic Mania
    Yakuza Kiwami

Thought I was gonna pick up Horizon Zero Dawn, but decided I wanted to start Trails in the Sky SC first instead

• GOTY/GOAT

Persona 5

after that Nier Automata, even if it wasn't quite what I hoped it was still great, and below that I'm not quite sure trying to finish a few things, one thing I'll say though I don't understand how there can even be a debate about this not being the best year in gaming, it has simply been so good, I rarely buy games at release or soon after, and this year that just hasn't been an option.

• @Sheria said in Your top 10 Games of 2017:

I'm finally not on my phone, so I'll do my list. As always, I don't count remasters or ports of older titles, so even White Day is out for this one.

Game of the Year
    Prey

Nice pic sher.

Prey is my GOTY too.

runner up would be resident evil 7. by far best in series and one of the best horror game in long while.

• @Black-Cell said in Your top 10 Games of 2017:

@Sheria said in Your top 10 Games of 2017:

I'm finally not on my phone, so I'll do my list. As always, I don't count remasters or ports of older titles, so even White Day is out for this one.

Game of the Year
    Prey

Nice pic sher.

Prey is my GOTY too.

runner up would be resident evil 7. by far best in series and one of the best horror game in long while.

It's just such a good game, and really came out of the blue for me. It's such a shame it seemed to get so overlooked.

• @Sheria

@Black-Cell said in Your top 10 Games of 2017:

Game of the Year
    Prey

Nice pic sher.

Prey is my GOTY too.

It's just such a good game, and really came out of the blue for me. It's such a shame it seemed to get so overlooked.

tbh, the game has some flaws too. it wouldnot be arkane game without flaws. its nowhere near close to system shock 2. and the combat was pretty bad.

but yes it is best game released this year.

btw how much you rank resi 7 among other in series? imo its absolutely best in series. plus much much better than 4 5 and 6.

• #Official Monster Energy's Prime Time Game of the Generation of All Time Ripley's Believe It or Not Power Hour Powerhouse Power Lift Get Smoked Edition: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 5

My choice is that big to demonstrate how it's better than everyone else's.

The Winner of not NBC's The Biggest Loser award show goes to: Indie Games. Who asked you to make games in India? Get outta here! (New Donk accent)

• @Black-Cell said in Your top 10 Games of 2017:

btw how much you rank resi 7 among other in series? imo its absolutely best in series. plus much much better than 4 5 and 6.

I prefer all of the more 'traditional' games (1, 2, 3, CV and 0), but I personally put it above 4, 5 and 6. A great return for the series I feel. I haven't beaten the DLC yet actually, you just reminded me lol.