Where do you think RE is headed?

• It's nothing new to people to say that RE7 was a critical success, with a bonus of having convinced a lot of older fans that the series may be back on track.
    That said, I've also read/watched a number of articles and videos that highlightthe success each one has had sales wise, and all I see is that RE6 was the biggest success Capcom has had so far, despite all the legitimate negativity behind the game.

This raises an interesting question: How do you think the series will develop? Will Capcom recognise the positivity that the direction RE7 took and try and build on that, or will the company look at the sales figures first and determine that going back to the series roots is not the best way to make money?

The short question: Do you think Capcom will continue RE as it is now? or do you think they will fall back on what was most successful?

• Banned

They'll continue the same gameplay of 7.

Just reuse assets to cut down on costs. Shit out a few uninspired sequels. People will love it.

• Keep main series like VII, Revelations as the third person semi action game, and ditch whatever the fuck 6 was entirely.

• What I see happening is that Resident Evil might diverge into 3 sub series, the main numbered entries, Remakes and Revelations.
    The remakes I assume will try and appeal to everyone (want classic fixed cameras, got them, want over the shoulder RE4/6, got them, want First person, got that too), that way they can try and appeal to various fans no matter which subset of style they prefer, while also bringing each game up to modern graphical standards, and helping fill in plot details along the way.
    Revelations I see acting (as it has been so far) as the in between title (what was Leon up to between 2 and 4, or Billy after 0, that kind of stuff) while also continuing the sorta multiplayer Mercs/Raid mode focus.
    As for the numbered entries I foresee them trying new things here and there while also refining what worked in 7, as for weather or not 8 will be in first person is hard to say, if anything it could always give the option.

• what i hope is resident evil 8 will follow RE7 formula. it was pure horror, atmospheric, and even have great story for resident evil game.

its only game in series i liked. hated 4 5 6 and never a fan of classic ones.

• I hope it goes away from 1st person again, it was nice for one game but I really don't want this to be the new standard, and for damn sure don't I want the RE2make to be like that.
    Also bring back zombies, I'm kinda sick of fighting only BOWs all the time, that already made Revelations 1 not as great as it could have been for me.
    I'd also like a Platinum developed spin off.

• @Musou-Tensei
    A spin off were Chris fights boulder based BOWs with his bare hands? Sure why not.

• Nice to see some positive guesses, I'm just not that sure that Capcom will ignore those sales figures, especially these days.

• @Sheria said in Where do you think RE is headed?:

Nice to see some positive guesses, I'm just not that sure that Capcom will ignore those sales figures, especially these days.

RE7 is so good that it turn me a long time resident evil hater into a fan.

i never seen anyone did this kind of achievement.

• Am I the only one who's more excited to see what the heck they'll do with a Revelations 3? Will they bring back Rebecca, like 2 brought back Barry?

• @Minamik said in Where do you think RE is headed?:

Am I the only one who's more excited to see what the heck they'll do with a Revelations 3? Will they bring back Rebecca, like 2 brought back Barry?

While I enjoyed the first one, the second felt really rushed and low budget. I don't personally feel there's a need for a third.

• @Sheria We agree on way too many things, so it's nice to have something to disagree on. :p

Revelations hype!

• Still need to play 7. But haven't brought it and also want to play 6 first.

• I was wondering that myself. When I saw that they released 'Not a Hero' DLC for free, I interpreted that as an experiment for the developers, to see what the reactions are from gamers. Personally, I liked it, and I think I know what would be an excellent formula for future Resident Evil games: I think they need to do what Valve did with Half-Life 2 and change the pace of every level, from slow-pace survival scavenging for weapons, to face-smashing punching gameplay, to Spec-Ops Chris Redfield-like gameplay when properly equipped. Lore-wise, I don't know. Thats their call to make, Umbrella cleaning up their own mess? Hmm, just dont turn them 'good', make them instead have some dark ulterior motive for their current 'generous' behavior.