Where do you think RE is headed?

• what i hope is resident evil 8 will follow RE7 formula. it was pure horror, atmospheric, and even have great story for resident evil game.

its only game in series i liked. hated 4 5 6 and never a fan of classic ones.

• I hope it goes away from 1st person again, it was nice for one game but I really don't want this to be the new standard, and for damn sure don't I want the RE2make to be like that.
    Also bring back zombies, I'm kinda sick of fighting only BOWs all the time, that already made Revelations 1 not as great as it could have been for me.
    I'd also like a Platinum developed spin off.

• @Musou-Tensei
    A spin off were Chris fights boulder based BOWs with his bare hands? Sure why not.

• Nice to see some positive guesses, I'm just not that sure that Capcom will ignore those sales figures, especially these days.

• @Sheria said in Where do you think RE is headed?:

Nice to see some positive guesses, I'm just not that sure that Capcom will ignore those sales figures, especially these days.

RE7 is so good that it turn me a long time resident evil hater into a fan.

i never seen anyone did this kind of achievement.

• Am I the only one who's more excited to see what the heck they'll do with a Revelations 3? Will they bring back Rebecca, like 2 brought back Barry?

• @Minamik said in Where do you think RE is headed?:

Am I the only one who's more excited to see what the heck they'll do with a Revelations 3? Will they bring back Rebecca, like 2 brought back Barry?

While I enjoyed the first one, the second felt really rushed and low budget. I don't personally feel there's a need for a third.

• @Sheria We agree on way too many things, so it's nice to have something to disagree on. :p

Revelations hype!

• Still need to play 7. But haven't brought it and also want to play 6 first.

• I was wondering that myself. When I saw that they released 'Not a Hero' DLC for free, I interpreted that as an experiment for the developers, to see what the reactions are from gamers. Personally, I liked it, and I think I know what would be an excellent formula for future Resident Evil games: I think they need to do what Valve did with Half-Life 2 and change the pace of every level, from slow-pace survival scavenging for weapons, to face-smashing punching gameplay, to Spec-Ops Chris Redfield-like gameplay when properly equipped. Lore-wise, I don't know. Thats their call to make, Umbrella cleaning up their own mess? Hmm, just dont turn them 'good', make them instead have some dark ulterior motive for their current 'generous' behavior.