What is your Top Hidden Gem Games of 2017?

• We all know how amazing ZeldaBOTW, Persona 5, Mario Odyssey, Nier Automata, RE7 and Horizon Zero Dawn etc are but there are also a bunch of Gem games that i think fell under the radar. what are your Top Hidden Gem Games of 2017?
    Help bring to light any games that people might have not heard about and are worth playing

For me:
    LocalHost: Your asked to kill Ai programs...will you do it? (get ready for feels)
    Subsurface circular: Robot detective on a Subway...sounds boring but is amazing!
    Hand of Fate 2: Better than the first one in every way. so good
    Gorogoa: A amazing puzzle experience with some crazy themes

also great but have yet to play:
    Rive
    Tacoma
    Nex Machina

• Thimbleweed Park

• West Of Loathing. Easily the funniest game of the last 10 years.

• @Rock Been wanting to try that out, I really love Kingdom of Loathing.

Much love to Pyre (not sure if their games really count as hidden, but hey), Hand of Fate 2, and Kingsway.

• West of Loathing
    Doki Doki Literature Club
    Gorogoa
    Thimbleweed Park
    Pyre
    Hand of Fate 2
    Nidhogg 2
    Battle chef Brigade

I might never finish all these games, but they all are pretty great in different ways.

And while it's not a good game, I wanna say Elex might be a cool game one day, if they fix it.

• Fast RMX

• I played an hour of Gorogoa and it's a really clever puzzle game. It's only supposed to be like 2 hours long, which is kind of expensive at $15 on Switch for what it is, but I had to play at least one interesting puzzle game this year. Definitely the kind of game you want to go in blind for FYI.

• I'd say Get Even was the game I played that I'd most consider a hidden gem.

• Picross S , it's not that expensive, not the best picross game ever, but it just might be the game that could get you into picross with it being on the Switch.

• RIME : great puzzle game with a great atmosphere and a wonderful story, play it on PS4 or PC don't buy the switch version.

• I don't know if it counts since its a collection of a rerelease of a remake, but Wipeout Omega Collection is getting some serious playtime in my PS4 as of late and reminds me why Wipeout is one of the best antigrav racers in the biz.

Also I only played an hour of it with the fiance the other night, but Overcooked is fucking hilarious like holy shit.

• Gotta throw my hat in for Pyre. I know its not exactly off-radar but truly one of my best experiences in 2017, a year with countless top shelf games.

• Thimbleweed Park. One of the best games released this year.

• Observer- Haven't finished it yet but I'm a sucker for Cyber punk & narrative driven games also Rutger fecking Hauer. Enough said.

• I'd give a shout out to Battle Chasers: Nightwar, really great jrpg turn base game. Doesn't seem like it got a ton of attention given the quality of it's gameplay/visuals. It's kind of a slow burn and the game is pretty long but it does some cool stuff to the turn base formula.

Honestly this year didn't seem to have a ton of hidden gems, there was some quality indie stuff but it also seemed like most of them did get some time in the spot light like Night in the Woods, Rime, Edith Finch, etc. at least as far as console stuff goes. I don't play on PC anymore but man there's so much cool stuff coming out that you just don't seem to hear about. Like I had no idea Mutant Football League was already out.

• @FutureCorpse said in What is your Top Hidden Gem Games of 2017?:

Observer- Haven't finished it yet but I'm a sucker for Cyber punk & narrative driven games also Rutger fecking Hauer. Enough said.

I've been meaning to pick that up for a while now.

• @Sheria Its on sale at the minute on the PS Store in the EU not sure about the rest of the world & other platforms. I'd say it'll probably be discounted further in a few months. Its definitely worth it if your a fan of the genre.

• @FutureCorpse said in What is your Top Hidden Gem Games of 2017?:

@Sheria Its on sale at the minute on the PS Store in the EU not sure about the rest of the world & other platforms. I'd say it'll probably be discounted further in a few months. Its definitely worth it if your a fan of the genre.

Hehe, yeah, I put it in the basket a few days ago ^^ I just haven't taken the plunge yet. I am a fan of the genre, I just can't seem to get a good indication of how much of a "walking simulator" it is. Some I really enjoy, but I thought that was going to be the case with Soma, but that game has a serious lack of player interaction.

• Rime: wonderful atmosphere and vibes, very enjoyable 3D platforming and emotional AF.

• I'm avoiding Rime as everything I see and hear reminds me of Journey, and Journey was probabally the worst game released last gen.