The EZA GOTY 2017 Community Nominations

• Ladies and gentlemen!

It is finally time for us to cast our votes and collectively rank the games that came out during the Best Year in Videogames Ever™.

There's been a lot of trepidation on these forums lately so I'm launching the nominations early, but I'll leave them running for at least 2 weeks, so if you still have a couple 2017 games to catch up on, feel free to wait until you vote (or vote now and update your list later).

You can check out the GOTY 2016 thread to have an idea of the sort of list we'll end up with.

Because this year was exceptionally crowded, the nomination process will be slightly different this time.

You may rank up to 8 games, a Top 4 and a maximum of 4 honorable mentions. They will be scored as follows:

#1: 5 points
    #2: 4 points
    #3: 3 points
    #4: 2 points
    Honorable mentions: 1 point

If you've got less than 8 games, no problem, the honorable mentions are optional.

Send me this list via PM or at Don't forget to mention your forum username if you send an email.

The list of games eligible only includes games released in the West (US and/or Europe) in 2017.

• Games that came out prior to 2017 and were ported to new platforms in 2017 (such as Stardew Valley on Switch) are not eligible.
    • DLCs (like The Champions' Ballad) are also not eligible.
    • Stand-alones such as Dishonored Death of the Outsider or Uncharted The Lost Legacy are eligible.

Wikipedia offers a comprehensive list of 2017 releases if you want to make sure you don't forget anything.

As always, do not post your list on the forum before the reveal is over.

After about 2 weeks, the nominations will be closed, and I will proceed to tally the votes and reveal our GOTY list via a countdown.

This one could seriously go in many different ways, so hopefully we get as many participants as possible!

• Yes! Here we go! Thanks in advance already. :)

Just to confirm this, but I'll take it that Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy is not eligible here? A collection of remasters.

• sent mine, have you decided if you will also be showing the top 25 this time? if it is up for consideration I think showing all the nominees above a certain threshold might also be a good idea.

• @Sentinel-Beach That's a tricky one, are they remasters, are they remakes? Personally I would allow it because they were rebuilt from the ground up, they are brand new versions of those games. But if others have objections let me know!

@bard91 Not sure yet, it will depend on how many nominations we get, but I have a feeling we could have a worthy Top 30 or more!

• Just sent my list in

Didnt include XC2 becasue ive only played like 10 hours of it

• Yeeeesssssss. It's finally here and I'm excited for the countdown in two weeks. Sent mine in and I wonder how many/where any of my picks place.

• I've sent in the official ranking. It is done.

I'm like 90% sure that nobody else voted for my #3 game of the year.

• I went ahead and submitted early, so you won't have to go tracking me down this time. It feels bad to know there are so many amazing games that I fully intend to play, but just haven't gotten around to yet. Regardless, I hope they get the love and representation they deserve.

• @TokyoSlim Why, did you put ME:A in there too?

• @Sazime No, it's a sports game :)

• @TokyoSlim A sports game? In the EZA forums?! How could you?
    Unless it's Need for Speed Payback. Then that makes sense.

I have yet to send my list in, because this will take me quite a while. It changes too much for me. Quite happy I have two weeks to make changes!

• How much time do we have? I still need a few weeks to beat P5 and TEW2.

I've played enough of both to make an assessment but the more time we have the merrier.

• @DIPSET 2 weeks

• @FF7Cloud

Sorry I missed that in the OP

• I still have to play Prey and Wolfenstein 2, gonna be tight! (And Persona 5 but I'm not even gonna try)

• @Inustar said in The EZA GOTY 2017 Community Nominations:

@TokyoSlim A sports game? In the EZA forums?! How could you?
    Unless it's Need for Speed Payback. Then that makes sense.

It is not. It's an honest to goodness actual licensed sports game that became my "got half an hour to kill/chill vibes game" this year and I think I've spent more time in it than any other single game this year. I know it's shocking, but I'm one of the overlapping sports fan/video gamers. I don't buy Madden every year or anything, but occasionally I'll have a hankering to play a good NBA/NFL/MLB/FIFA or whatever and go grab one.

I know, I'm weird. Then again, I think people who buy COD are weirdos, so there's that. :)

• @TokyoSlim said in The EZA GOTY 2017 Community Nominations:

I know, I'm weird. Then again, I think people who buy COD are weirdos, so there's that. :)

You mean they are not? jk

and if it were a matter of playtime FIFA 17 would for sure have to be on my list, it is just to easy to try a few minutes every now and then to it

• @TokyoSlim i buy the nhl game every year and put lots of time into it every year

• @TokyoSlim Well don't tell anyone, but I do love me some FIFA from time to time. Just like Burnout is one of my favorite series, and if they made another one of those it would undoubtedly make my GOTY list.

• @TokyoSlim I don't get the WWE games every year, but I tend to play the ones I do buy a lot just as something to play while catching up on podcasts or something. That and I enjoy making up my own storylines a lot more than watching some of the really dumb stuff that happens when I try to keep up with Raw or Smackdown every week.

I think everyone that plays a lot of games has that one series they buy at least semi-annually that they get kinda sheepish about bringing up since those are usually looked down upon.

Looks like your connection to Easy Allies Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.