The EZA GOTY 2017 Community Nominations

• 1: Yakuza 0 GOTY
    2: Knack 2
    3: The Last Guardian VR

• Games that might have made my list (but I didn't have time to play them or didn't have a Switch) : Horizon: Zero Dawn, Night in the Woods, What Remains of Edith Finch, Super Mario Odyssey, Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, and Divinity: Original Sin 2. I'm not one to really focus on a backlog as I generally play what I'm in the mood for but eesh... 2017 has laid down a heavy burden of games to play in the future.

• Ya, I've lots of games I missed out in but you can't play them all. Just trying to get through Nier before the voting for this closes.

I think it could be pretty fun to do like a revised previous GOTY, just to see how opinion has changed, or just now that people have played more.

• @tokeeffe9 I would be in for that, considering I'm still haunted by the fact I gave points to FFXV. I was so young and naive back then.

• On another forum I hang around every day we are thinking about organizing GOTY votes for the past years, like starting from 2000 maybe, because people have simply played so much more now. And everyone sees things differently, there's no hype anymore (although nostalgia is its cousin, for sure). What truly were the games that left an impression on you etc.

• Well, we already made a retroactive list for 2015 at some point if I'm not mistaken, so we could do the same, besides that with how good this year has been I would say a new all-time list would be appropriate at a not to distant time as well.

• @bard91 yes i agree to this the games ive played the last 2 years have changed my list

• Ay some older year stuff would be great! I didn't play any 2017 releases outside of a couple of freeware games, so I can't really take part in this one, but we could go back to the 80's or 90's and I could chill with the rest of you cool gamer people.

• I was thinking of doing more past lists in the future, going back in time gradually (so the next one would be 2014). But I could also shake things up and pick a random year like 1998 or 2005, anything goes!

• I sent my top 5 in.

I didn't finish Persona 5 but I have played plenty to know where it stand on my list (it's in the top 5 certainly).

Unfortunately, there just isn't enough time in life for me to play everything I wish I had. I'm so jealous when I watch an episode of Huber Syndrome and Michael Huber is listing game after game that he's completed this year. If 2017 has taught me anything, it's that I really want to work my career into the games industry in some form.

• Time to wrack my brain and ultimately hate myself for putting some games above others.

Edit: Feeling the pain currently. I had to bump my #4 down and switch it with an honorable mention. I liked playing my original #4 better but I think that the new #4 has a bigger impact.

• This was a particularly hard year to pick for, even with an additional 4 honorable mentions...lol. Some of the things I had to leave out, for following my heart, would probably upset a few people, haha.

• Upset about the games I wasn't able to get around to this year too...haha...

Those include: Ys 8, Tokyo Xanadu, Zwei 1 and 2, Splatoon 2, and I just don't see myself finishing Xenoblade Chronicles 2 in time.

• We now have 35 lists, 70 games!

I started chasing people too so hopefully we'll get more lists this week! The results are... very interesting so far.

• I'll be stunned if Nintendo and Persona don't occupy the top three.

• @Axel When does it actually close as I'm still trying to play/beat games before handing it in.

And I'm wide open in terms of what's going to be on my list.

• My nominations

1.Xenoblade 2 (I know it aint gonna win, idc)
    2.Mario Odyssey
    3.Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild
    4.Nier Automata

Honorable mentions Wolfenstein and Evil within 2

• @TokyoSlim i think WWII was a bold return to form. I haven't played it yet but it's definitely piqued my interest (which cod has not in a long time for me)

• @tokeeffe9 Just hand in a list, you can always send another later. That's what I did.

• @Bigdude1 You're not supposed to post that here.