The EZA GOTY 2017 Community Nominations

• @bard91 yes i agree to this the games ive played the last 2 years have changed my list

• Ay some older year stuff would be great! I didn't play any 2017 releases outside of a couple of freeware games, so I can't really take part in this one, but we could go back to the 80's or 90's and I could chill with the rest of you cool gamer people.

• I was thinking of doing more past lists in the future, going back in time gradually (so the next one would be 2014). But I could also shake things up and pick a random year like 1998 or 2005, anything goes!

• I sent my top 5 in.

I didn't finish Persona 5 but I have played plenty to know where it stand on my list (it's in the top 5 certainly).

Unfortunately, there just isn't enough time in life for me to play everything I wish I had. I'm so jealous when I watch an episode of Huber Syndrome and Michael Huber is listing game after game that he's completed this year. If 2017 has taught me anything, it's that I really want to work my career into the games industry in some form.

• Time to wrack my brain and ultimately hate myself for putting some games above others.

Edit: Feeling the pain currently. I had to bump my #4 down and switch it with an honorable mention. I liked playing my original #4 better but I think that the new #4 has a bigger impact.

• This was a particularly hard year to pick for, even with an additional 4 honorable mentions...lol. Some of the things I had to leave out, for following my heart, would probably upset a few people, haha.

• Upset about the games I wasn't able to get around to this year too...haha...

Those include: Ys 8, Tokyo Xanadu, Zwei 1 and 2, Splatoon 2, and I just don't see myself finishing Xenoblade Chronicles 2 in time.

• We now have 35 lists, 70 games!

I started chasing people too so hopefully we'll get more lists this week! The results are... very interesting so far.

• I'll be stunned if Nintendo and Persona don't occupy the top three.

• @Axel When does it actually close as I'm still trying to play/beat games before handing it in.

And I'm wide open in terms of what's going to be on my list.

• My nominations

1.Xenoblade 2 (I know it aint gonna win, idc)
    2.Mario Odyssey
    3.Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild
    4.Nier Automata

Honorable mentions Wolfenstein and Evil within 2

• @TokyoSlim i think WWII was a bold return to form. I haven't played it yet but it's definitely piqued my interest (which cod has not in a long time for me)

• @tokeeffe9 Just hand in a list, you can always send another later. That's what I did.

• @Bigdude1 You're not supposed to post that here.

• @Minamik I havn't finished it yet either but still put it on the list, I see these list as my opinon at the time I write it. Though in this case I have my doubt my opinion will change much anymore, I love the game just too much.

• @tokeeffe9 He opened the tread on the 31st, so I'd wager you've got about another week to go, give or take a day or two.

• @Bigdude1 Spoilerssssssssss!! The votes are supposed to be secret :)

@tokeeffe9 I didn't set a date yet but let's say around the 15th, so we have a full 2 weeks of voting. I'm also trying to finish Wolfenstein 2 and hopefully Edith Finch by then, doubt I'll make it!

• @Bigdude1 I'm sure at least a couple of those would have made my list.... if I hadn't been catching up on older games and had a Switch. We're a spoiled group, us gamers.

• Too.. Many.. Games.. I wanted to give more games honorable mentions, because they deserve them but there's only so much space.

• I'm calling top 5 as: Persona 5, Horizon ZD, Nier Automata, Mario Odyssey and Zelda.

I always liked this as an idea, but I do find it a shame that it so often ends up predictable for the top picks. The year, like most, had so many equally great games.