The EZA GOTY 2017 Community Nominations

• Time to wrack my brain and ultimately hate myself for putting some games above others.

Edit: Feeling the pain currently. I had to bump my #4 down and switch it with an honorable mention. I liked playing my original #4 better but I think that the new #4 has a bigger impact.

• This was a particularly hard year to pick for, even with an additional 4 honorable mentions...lol. Some of the things I had to leave out, for following my heart, would probably upset a few people, haha.

• Upset about the games I wasn't able to get around to this year too...haha...

Those include: Ys 8, Tokyo Xanadu, Zwei 1 and 2, Splatoon 2, and I just don't see myself finishing Xenoblade Chronicles 2 in time.

• We now have 35 lists, 70 games!

I started chasing people too so hopefully we'll get more lists this week! The results are... very interesting so far.

• I'll be stunned if Nintendo and Persona don't occupy the top three.

• @Axel When does it actually close as I'm still trying to play/beat games before handing it in.

And I'm wide open in terms of what's going to be on my list.

• My nominations

1.Xenoblade 2 (I know it aint gonna win, idc)
    2.Mario Odyssey
    3.Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild
    4.Nier Automata

Honorable mentions Wolfenstein and Evil within 2

• @TokyoSlim i think WWII was a bold return to form. I haven't played it yet but it's definitely piqued my interest (which cod has not in a long time for me)

• @tokeeffe9 Just hand in a list, you can always send another later. That's what I did.

• @Bigdude1 You're not supposed to post that here.

• @Minamik I havn't finished it yet either but still put it on the list, I see these list as my opinon at the time I write it. Though in this case I have my doubt my opinion will change much anymore, I love the game just too much.

• @tokeeffe9 He opened the tread on the 31st, so I'd wager you've got about another week to go, give or take a day or two.

• @Bigdude1 Spoilerssssssssss!! The votes are supposed to be secret :)

@tokeeffe9 I didn't set a date yet but let's say around the 15th, so we have a full 2 weeks of voting. I'm also trying to finish Wolfenstein 2 and hopefully Edith Finch by then, doubt I'll make it!

• @Bigdude1 I'm sure at least a couple of those would have made my list.... if I hadn't been catching up on older games and had a Switch. We're a spoiled group, us gamers.

• Too.. Many.. Games.. I wanted to give more games honorable mentions, because they deserve them but there's only so much space.

• I'm calling top 5 as: Persona 5, Horizon ZD, Nier Automata, Mario Odyssey and Zelda.

I always liked this as an idea, but I do find it a shame that it so often ends up predictable for the top picks. The year, like most, had so many equally great games.

• @DIPSET said in The EZA GOTY 2017 Community Nominations:

I sent my top 5 in.

I didn't finish Persona 5 but I have played plenty to know where it stand on my list (it's in the top 5 certainly).

Unfortunately, there just isn't enough time in life for me to play everything I wish I had. I'm so jealous when I watch an episode of Huber Syndrome and Michael Huber is listing game after game that he's completed this year. If 2017 has taught me anything, it's that I really want to work my career into the games industry in some form.

I think my top 10s for the year have always had incomplete games here and there. I've never felt it necessary to complete a game to know where it places really.

• Aaand sent my list... Been relatively busy, so I haven't really been able to post anything in here, though I am lurking these whenever I can.

• We're at 48 lists and 77 games nominated, and a clean top 25, it's looking good! The battle is still raging for the top spots, only 3 points separate #4 from #2.

So last call for everyone who hasn't sent their list, I'll end the votes at the end of Monday. Also for those who already voted, feel free to send me an update if you've played new games in the meantime.

Cheers!

• Mine will be in at the last minute lol. I'm trying to get as much time as I can into a couple things