Other Besties of the year: Nominate 2017 threak

• I agree that those are some pretty good bad faces. Like a bad face is easy. It takes a lot of love and attention to make faces that goodbad.

• @bard91 Haven't even started the game yet! Should I take your word for it that she's the best? I DON'T KNOW!

• @TokyoSlim well I did call her best Tsundere so not necessarily best girl of the game, but she is in the race for sure

• Chef Boyardee's presents: Hashtag Game Changer Award for Best New Mechanic

alt text

Drop Dash from Sonic Mania. I think I gushed about this on another thread but it honestly feels weird to go back to games I played just fine beforehand and not be able to do it now, it's just that useful.

• The thing-you-do-that-distracts-you-from-what-you-should-be-doing-but-it's-too-fun-to-stop Award

Winner:
    alt text

• The Hotline Miami Award for best electronic score/soundtrack of 2017:

Nidhogg 2
    Youtube Video

• So since I couldn't decide for myself, here's another nomination.

The Hotline Miami Award for best electronic score/soundtrack or 2017:

Ruiner
    Youtube Video

• Best argument against filler characters

Hummel Trabaldo from Ys 8

alt text

Like seriously why the hell is this guy even here?

• Doki Doki Award for Best Love Interest

Sadayo Kawakami from Persona 5

• @DeweyDTruman Hmm. She's top 3 for sure. I'm not sure she's top ONE. Can you make an argument for her that would lean me away from Tae (is Bae) or Makoto-chan, who is probably the RP choice? If you can convince me, I will upvote you.

FWIW, I'm probably going to romance her during my current playthrough. My vote is for sale.

• @TokyoSlim From a gameplay standpoint her rank 10 ability is probably the best ability you get from any confidant in the game (the only real competition is Chihaya's rank 7). From a looks standpoint she just has my favorite design of the lot, especially the hair. From a personality/story standpoint I really liked

how she tutored a previous student in a rough spot (even if it went south hard) since it was a nice parallel to your current situation/showed how much she cares about her students and her job

as well as how she does things like calling other teachers out of class just to let you slack off or gets upset when you bother her while she's fishing. That and as someone that works retail I can always relate to someone putting up a cheery front only to revert to reality and moan/groan about their day once they're around people they can confide in.

And of course:
    alt text

Honestly I just wanted to post an award that would incite (civil) arguments and lead to people nominating their own personal favorites.

• @DeweyDTruman hmm. I agree she's the most useful confidant, but that has nothing to do with romancing her, as you'll get the same effect if you don't.

her design is pretty good, this I could go a lot of different ways on. I like the design of almost all the characters in P5.

Yeah she cared about a prior student to the point where she let his parents take advantage of her. She lies to you about why she needs so much money, creating a imaginary sister in the hospital to play on your kindness in order to keep you paying her. Then she ultimately has you solve her problem by changing the hearts of people she's been letting her guilt her into paying them hush money. :)

But nobody's perfect, I suppose. lol

I will give you a vote. I see it as more of a tie between what I think the better RP choice (Makoto) is, but I like Kawakami's arc a lot.

• Last couple days, nobody wants to nominate the "Best Nintendo Direct of 2017"?

• I got one last award to nominate. No fancy schmancy names this time becuase I'm too lazy for that right now

Coziest song

Youtube Video

• I didn't particularly like the game, but that is a pretty cozy song.

• The Ubisoft Reward for the Best Game Released in an Unfinished and Buggy State: Mass Effect- Andromeda.

alt text

• Best Nightmare You Thought You'd Never Face Again:
    Crash Bandicoot's bridge levels

alt text

• The MADCATZ High Quality Award for best new hardware: The Nintendo Switch

alt text

• 28 hours left...
    Nominations closing at Midnight tomorrow PST

awards threak by end of the week.

• @Inustar Is this specifically referencing the Karaoke minigame inside Yakuza 0 or Yakuza 0 as a whole?