Completed Games of 2018
Don't think my list will be super long this year (to be fair 2017 was very few too).
We just have to wait until end of December and see I guess.
Thus far 2018:
I started this year with loads of traveling so have only played Final Fantasy X on my Vita where Im a few hours in, but its a big game.
Fridge-man last edited by Fridge-man
@DIPSET If you eat better and workout more, you'll achieve better health AND you'll get more energy! The latter part is the most important. Then you can either get up earlier to game before work, or you'll have more energy to do it after work. I used to work 08:00-17:00 every week day (now it's more sporadic) but I got up at 06:00 for the sole purpose of gaming.
A good, obvious, tip is also to not waste time. I know I waste a lot of time on social media/youtube but I'm getting better at not doing that. Just getting better at utilizing the limited time you have. Doing some things just plain faster, efficient time management, all that jazz. Get a slowcooker to make you food while you're at work, meal prep, batch cook, investing in saving time.
Playing games you really like also helps. Looking forward to play makes you do the other stuff faster.
I can't stress enough how much working out and eating good does for your energy levels and general mood. Find time for this before gaming and eventually you'll find you have more time and energy for gaming.
ffff0 last edited by ffff0
My list with short comments:
Assassin's Creed Origins (PC) - great game if you like Ubisoft open-worlds. Many fun places to visit.
Bayonetta (PC) - too hard on Normal, too easy on Easy. Worth its $6 on Steam's Sale, but not a full price.
Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle (Switch) - Good game, but playing it on Switch was too painful. Such games are meant to be played on PC.
Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch) - Impressions will be featured in March Community Showcase
Super Mario Odyssey (Switch) - Impressions will be featured in March Community Showcase
Watched Olympic games, didn't play at all.
March (4 + 1 replay + 1 multiplayer)
Gorogoa (PC) - Great and unique puzzle.
Life is Strange: Before the Storm (PC) - Good game, great prequel.
Fortnite Battle Royale (PC) - Great game for a week, even if you bad at PvP and don't have friends to play with. (Yes, this thread should be about single-player games, but this is the only multiplayer game I've played in years, so I'm putting it here. And I've watched the credits.)
Ratched & Clank (PS4) - Very fun game and it looks amazing.
Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4) - My 3rd playthrough of Horizon (NG+ for remaining trophies). It's probably my favorite new IP of this generation.
Batman: The Enemy Within (PC) - one of the best Telltale games in recent years. I'm not a Batman fan, but I love it.
God of War (PS4) - Not a 10, but still pretty good.
May (1 + 1 replay)
Persona 5 (PS4) - My second full playthrough. This game is a 10.
Detroit: Become Human (PS4) - GotY.
June (1 + 1 replay)
Detroit: Become Human (PS4) - Replay of a GotY.
The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit (PC) - Had zero connection to the story, but free is free.
July (1 + 1 replay)
Detroit: Become Human (PS4) - Filling every flowchart.
Dying Light (PC) - 7.
Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes (PSVR) - Unique and fun game even if you play alone.
Far Cry 5 (PC) - Fun but forgettable.
The Banner Saga, The Banner Saga 2, The Banner Saga 3 (PC) - I would be more attached to the characters if they were voiced, but it's still a very good story. And combat is fun and challenging.
For Honor (PC) - Not bad for a free game, but end of campaign is too slow.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 (PS4) - Played Call of Duty campaign for the first time. If this is a good one, I wonder what is bad for CoD.
Halo 5: Guardians (Xbox One) - I liked it.
Injustice: Gods Among Us (Xbox One) - Liked the story thanks to the baby difficulty.
Q.U.B.E. (PS4) - Great 3D puzzle with excellent pace. Check it out!
Marvel's Spider-Man (PS4) - Fun game, but story is for fans only.
Forza Horizon 4 (Xbox One) - A gorgeous and excellent racing game.
Gears of War 4 (Xbox One) - I've tried all Gears games with Xbox Game Pass, this is the only one that I wanted to finish.
Super Lucky's Tale (Xbox One) - Had progression blocks that force you to find hidden stuff, but very addictive game.
ReCore (Xbox One) - Until the very end it was very relaxing experience.
Shadow of the Tomb Raider (Xbox One) - Excellent game, much better than people say. Exploration, traversal and combat are particular highlights.
Assassin's Creed Odyssey (Xbox One) - Loved every second of 110 hours I've spent in it, and a questline that starts and ends in Volcanic Islands region has one of the best payoffs I’ve ever seen in an RPG.
Q.U.B.E. 2 (Xbox One) - More of Q.U.B.E. which is good.
Hitman 2 (PC) - Learning levels and manipulating AI is extremely fun, but there's only 5 stages.
Moss (PSVR) - Nice game, but it's too expensive for its length.
Astro Bot Rescue Mission (PSVR) - This is an exceptional VR title with a full game inside. Also level design is great.
Gris (PC) - Perfect game for one relaxing evening.
The Missing: J.J. Macfield and the Island of Memories (PC) - The story isn't bad, but quality of this game is unacceptable. Watch it on YouTube if you interested in story.
Roundabout (PS4) - Funny.
I like this idea.
- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA (PS4)
- Life is Strange: Before the Storm (PS4)
- Batman: The Telltale Series (PS4)
- 3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3)
- Shinobido 2 (Vita)
- Guacamelee! Super Turbo CE (PS4) (replay)
- Gears of War 4 (XBO)
- Strider (PS4)
- Shadow of the Colossus (PS4) (replay)
- Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4)
- Mercenary Kings (PS4)
- Monster Hunter: World (PS4)
- Life is Strange (PS4) (replay)
- Rogue Galaxy (PS4) (replay)
- Ni No Kuni II (PS4)
- Firewatch (PS4)
- Heavy Rain (PS4) (replay)
- God of War 2018 (PS4)
- Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor (PS4) (replay)
- Beyond: Two Souls (PS4) (replay)
- Persona 4 Golden (Vita) (replay)
- Detroit: Become Human (PS4)
- The Last of Us (PS3) (replay)
- Banjo-Kazooie (XBO) (replay)
- Octodad: Dadliest Catch (Vita) (replay)
- Red Faction (PS4) (replay)
- Deponia (PS4) (replay)
- Bastion (PS4) (replay)
- Banjo-Tooie (XBO) (replay)
- Metal Gear Solid 2 HD (PS3) (replay)
- Bloodborne (PS4) (replay)
- Spider-Man (PS4)
- Dragon Quest XI (PS4)
- Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS4) (replay)
- Drakengard 3 (PS3)
- Astro Bot Rescue Mission (PSVR)
- Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut (PS3)
- Graveyard Keeper (XBO)
- Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (XBO)
- Beat Saber (PSVR)
Games marked (replay) are those I fully completed again this year - usually on a new platform.
Total for 2018 - (40)
SunPraiser last edited by SunPraiser
- Dishonored 2
- A Hat in Time
- Rise of the Tomb Raider
- Puyo puyo Tetris
- Batman Arkham City Remastered
- Accounting +
- Horizon: Zero Dawn: the Frozen Wilds
- The Mummy Demastered
- Super Mario Odyssey (replay)
- Shadow of the Collusus Remake
- Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair
- Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution
- Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
- Burnout Paradise Remastered
- Diablo III: Reaper Of Souls
- Ni No Kuni 2
- Steamworld Heist
- Far Cry 5
- God Of War (2018)
- Bayonetta 2
- Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (HOOHEEEE!)
- The Unfinished Swan
- Max Payne (PS2 game on PS4)
- Monster Hunter: World (only took me 4 months and 100 hours!)
- Devil May Cry HD (PS4)
- Night In The Woods
- Dark Souls Remastered (replay (?))
- Bloodstained: Curse Of The Moon
- Pixeljunk Monsters 2
- Yoku's Island Express
- Metro 2033 REDUX
- Metro Last Light REDUX
- Get Even
- Detroit: Become Human
- Resident Evil 7 ( REplay)
- Mario + Rabbids: Donkey Kong Adventure
- Mario Tennis Aces
- Alien: Isolation
- Shovel Knight (replay)
- Specter Of Torment (replay)
- Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker (Switch)
- Hollow Knight
- Spider Man
- Dead Cells
- Yakuza Kiwami 2
- Donut County
- Valkyria Chronicles 4
- Shadow Of The Tomb Raider
- Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night (PS4)
- Resident Evil 4 (PS4) (REplay)
- Red Dead Redemption 2
- The Missing: J.J. Macfield And The Island Of Memories
- Hitman 2
- Katamari Damacy REROLL
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Marvels Spiderman: The City That Never Sleeps
DIPSET last edited by
Hey Fridge, thanks for the thorough response. I don't want to derail this thread but I really appreciate the advice. I'm already starting to do a lot of these things. I think back in the GT days when I'd talk about games with you and the others on there, it was so different than the real world. I wasn't in it yet. Times have changed and I gotta adapt.
Maybe I'll ask for more advice in another thread. I'm certain a lot of people can use some tips.
CJTreader last edited by CJTreader
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
Far Cry 5
Nimbat1003 last edited by Nimbat1003
- Nier:automata (1st playthrough)
- DB fighterZ(1st)
- Ratchet and clank (1st)(ps4)
- Final Fantasy 4 (1st)
- FAR CRY 5(1st)
- God of War(1st)(2018)
- god of war "give me god of war" difficulty
(just to say i wasn't sitting on my arse)
- did i really not beat a single game in 2 months(i need to start playing shorter games)
Pokemon leaf green(1st) Dream team(charizard, snorlax, lapras, jolteon, kadabra, rhydon)
Fallout 4 GOTY edition (1st completion) (far harbour is excellent, was a bit disappointed with the main story ending(institute))
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical freeze(1st) least favourite game so far this year
- Spiderman (amazing, but kinda old open world design)
- Red Dead Redemption 2
- Super Smash Bros: Ultimate
- ATLAS (50 hours)
My Shame(planing to finish)
-pillars of eternity
under 10 hours
-the last guardian
- NieR Automata
- Gravity Rush 2: The Ark of Time
- Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds
- Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward
- Final Fantasy XIV Stormblood
- Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag
- Assassin's Creed II
- Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Lara Croft GO
- Life is Strange
- Bloodborne: The Old Hunters
- Assassin's Creed Syndicate
- Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7
michemagius last edited by
Off to a bit of a slow start this year I guess. I mostly just beat games I had already started or replayed older/shorter games. I’m deep in Splatoon 2 and Stardew Valley though.
-Super Mario Odyssey
-Dream Daddy (Different Routes)
-Mario Kart DS (Replay)
-Nintendo Land (100% Replay)
-We Love Katamari (Finally)
-Katamari Damacy (Replay)
Alright gonna start my list: (last update June 30, 2018, added Adventures of Mana)
Finished = Beaten the game but didn't do everything
Completed = Beaten the game and did pretty much everything you can do
January (Total: 1)
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Switch (1st playthrough, completed)
February (Total: 6)
- Yakuza 3, PS3 (1st playthrough, finished)
- Resident Evil VII: Biohazard, PS4 (2nd playthrough to see the bad ending, finished)
- South Park: The Stick of Truth, PS4 (2nd playthrough but 1st time playing the censored PAL release, finished)
- Bayonetta, Switch (##'s playthrough in total, 1st playthrough on Switch, finished)
- Bayonetta 2, Switch (#'s playthrough in total, 1st playthrough on Switch, finished)
- Yakuza 4, PS4 (1st playthrough, finished)
March (Total: 0)
Yeah didn't beat anything this month unless you count the several playthroughs of Bayonetta 1&2 I did (and still do) for completion, but since these are speedruns mostly I didn't want to count them.
April (Total: 2)
- Yakuza 5, PS3 (1st playthrough, finished)
- Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom, PS4 (1st playthrough, finished and Platinum Get)
May (Total: 3)
- Yakuza 6: The Song of Life, PS4 (1st playthrough, finished and Platinum Get)
- Shantae: Half-Genie Hero: Ultimate Edition, PS4 (1st playthrough, Main Game and Risky Boots DLC 100%)
- Cyberdimension Neptunia: 4 Goddesses Online, PS4 (1st playthrough, finished, Platinum Get)
June (Total: 4)
- Yakuza: Dead Souls, PS3 (1st playthrough, finished)
- Ryu ga Gotoku Kenzan!, PS3 (1st playthrough, finished)
- Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, PS4 (1st playthrough, finished)
- Adventures of Mana, Vita (1st playthrough, finished)
2018 Grand Total: 16
- Nier: Automata (Round 1) (Now also Round 2)
TokyoSlim last edited by TokyoSlim
Doki Doki Literature Club
Telltale Batman Season 1 (my very first platinum, lol)
Just killing some time while awaiting the big games in April, so continuing with Telltale, I completed (and thereby Platinumed) Tales From the Borderlands
Yakuza 6: The Song of Life. 55 hours to completion.
Pretty streamlined Yakuza game. Just normal playthrough for me, but I'm like 75% of the way to platinum just by doing normal stuff, so I might try for that at some point!
God Of War. Still have 2 optional things to do, 2nd round of Musphelheim trials and Queen Valkyrie, but I saw credits today.
Mass Effect Andromeda. 107:10:52 94% completion
Beyond 2 Souls
Yakuza Kiwami 2. 47 hours to completion at 51%.
Capnbobamous last edited by Capnbobamous
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (Date Not Recorded)
Doki Doki Literature Club (Date Not Recorded)
Until Dawn (1/17)
Accounting + (1/21)
Night in the Woods (2/3)
Fable 3 (2/12)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (2/26)
Grand Theft Auto V (3/17)
Yakuza 0 (4/1)
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (4/15)
Batman: Arkham Asylum (4/22)
Yakuza Kiwami (4/24)
God of War (5/2)
Passpartout: The Starving Artist (5/26)
Absolutely: A True Crime Story (5/28)
Watchdogs 2 (5/29)
Papers Please (5/31)
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (6/15)
Fallout: New Vegas (6/22)
Batman: Arkham City (6/25)
Detroit: Become Human (7/9)
Spec Ops: The Line (7/24)
Mass Effect 2 (7/25)
Batman: Arkham Knight (7/28)
Mass Effect 3 (8/6)
The Banner Saga (8/7)
The Banner Saga 2 (9/9)
Just Bearly (9/30)
The Beginner's Guide (10/27)
Game Dev Tycoon (11/18)
Red Dead Redemption 2 (11/24)
Stories Untold (12/15)
Her Story (12/27)
Shadow of the Colossus Remake (12/30)
Donut County (12/31)
Total number of games is 40
TokyoSlim last edited by
Katamari Damacy (Replay)
That right there is my favorite vidya game
michemagius last edited by
@TokyoSlim You’ve got good taste! Katamari is such a feel good game, and it’s soundtrack is so underrated!
Whiskeyjack last edited by
-Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Wolfenstein The New Colossus
Halo 3 ODST
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Life is Strange. Before the Storm
Evil Within 2
Resident Evil 2
God of War 2018
God of War 3
Ni No Kuni 2
Tales of Vesperia
FF7Cloud last edited by
Just finished XC2
Played a lot of games without an "ending" in January.
- 2.2.2018: Assassin's creed: Origins, The hidden ones DLC: Slow start, but it gets really good. Really well designed forts to infiltrate and the world is still superb. Highly recommended.
- 4.2.2018: Forza horizon 3: Another game without an ending, but I've played it enough and I might jump back every now and again. It has been a long time since I've played a racing game and I havent enjoyed any as much as I did FH3. It nails the feel of the cars, every one feels authentic and Australia is beautiful.
After finishing Origins and Forza I've put gaming on a side and focused on the two D&D campaigns I'm running and the Olympics . Still, l managed to find some time for games though:
- 2.3.2018: Kingdom Come: Deliverance: Charming, and I love what it's there, but it's also impossible to ignore what it isn't. It feels unfinished, both with its ending that really feels like a middle of the game and the amount of bugs at launch. I really hope that devs continue to update it because what I played of it was amazing and I want more.
- 4.3.2018: Battlefield 1: Apocalypse: The last DLC for the beloved Battlefield 1. Again, not really something that can be "finished", but I played a lot of the new maps and I'm still loving it. I'm personally biased though, because one of the maps is basically located an hour away from my home. Also, it's called Kobarid, not Caporetto. KOBARID! You hear that world?! Why you call it in italian I will never understand, but you have struck a very sensitive topic.