Could you recommend a game with female MC?

• Two of my favorite games ever made!!! Persona 3 Portable and Okami!

• Okami is a weird choice for this because the female protagonist pulls a Link and never expresses an intelligent thought the entire game while her at times lecherous partner Issun does the talking.

Twilight Princess is the inverse where Link is Link, but Midna serves as his co-conspirator, does all the talking and most of the expressing, and has what could be described as the central character arc of the game. There are some awesome supporting women in both though, albeit not voice acted.

• @Haru17 I mostly agree with that, aside from references to her as a mother her portrayal is simply as a wolf as far as I can remember there's not much more that even reminds me of her being female.

In any case I'm surptised not seeing anyone recommend Beyond Good & Evil, Jade is a joy in it as is playing through the game.

• Onechanbara Z2 Chaos (PS4/PC)
    Shantae: 1/2 Genie Hero (all platforms except the switch)
    Bayonetta (PC, 360 [backwards compatible on XONE], Wii U, PS3)
    Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae (PS4/PC)
    Nier: Automata (PS4/PC
    Transistor

• @bard91 @Haru17 I don’t know. I think Amaterasu being a woman was made clear enough. I think for the context of the game her gender didn’t have to be a big plot point, but I think she still counts as a strong female character. It’s especially evident in Okamiden.

• Banned

0_1516235880955_Amaterasu_cave_edit2.jpg
    In Japanese mythology, Amaterasu is female. The game is based heavily around the mythology, so one can assume that Amaterasu in the game is female.

@bard91 I'm honestly ashamed I didn't think of BG&E. Such a good game.

• @michemagius oh it's definitively clear I'm mostly just saying that when I think of Amaterasu in the game I think of a wolf and not necessarily a female, so on that regard it is just not what comes to my mind when it comes to female leads, no idea about Okamiden though

@El-Shmiablo now we just gotta hope BG&E2 is as good

• @bard91 Could you recommend a game with nonhuman female mc?

• @bard91 Yeah, most interactions with Amaterasu revolve around her being a wolf rather than a goddess. But at the end of the day, the ultimate plot is centered around that. And Okamiden centers around Amaterasu’s son (Chibiterasu), so her motherhood is a much larger plot point.

• The Longest Journey is considered one of the best adventure games of all time, and the main character is one of the best written female characters in games. The sequels, Dreamfall and Dreamfall: Chapters are very good as well.

Beyond Good and Evil is another all time great along with Life is Strange.

There's good variety on the RPG side, from the original Phantasy Star, the Atelier series, Valkyrie Profile, Parasite Eve, Rhapsody, Odin Sphere, and recently games like Tales of Berseria and Blue Reflection on PS4.