The EZA Community Top 25 Best of 2017!

• The Evil Within 2

#25. The Evil Within 2 - 9 points

Votes

#1: 0
    #2: 0
    #3: 1 (MiserablePerson)
    #4: 0
    HM: 6 (sunpraiser, DIPSET, Minamik, Bigdude1, Fridge-man, DisturbedSwan)

Information

Release date: October 13 [US/EU]
    Developer: Tango Gameworks
    Publisher: Bethesda Softworks
    Genre: Survival horror
    Platform(s): PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia
    EZA Review

• And so it begins!..........

I'm not for horror, so I passed on the Evil Within 2, however, I really dug the trailer (and the music) from its E3 reveal and the bonus Trailer Jones breakdown during the E3 coverage.

A lot of of Honorable's huh? I didn't really think about it, but I've got a feeling that category will play a massive role in the reveals.

• Nice!

While I'm not really a horror game kinda guy, it looks like a good one!

• Wow, I'm surprised its not higher.. guess it speaks to the quality of games released this year.

I still haven't played the first, but its definitely a series I want to get to

• @Brannox said in The EZA Community Top 25 Best of 2017!:

A lot of of Honorable's huh? I didn't really think about it, but I've got a feeling that category will play a massive role in the reveals.

Yeah they do add up, I think it helped some lower-profile games get a bit higher in the rankings.

• My underdog this year is Pyre. If it made it on the list, I will be very happy.

• I never feel right about putting games I haven't finished on my top X lists but I'm more than willing to give 'em honorable mentions. In fact I think I only finished one of my HMs this year.

I know one of the games on my list will probably go far and I'm more than willing to bet another one won't show up at all but as long as the other two make it into the top 10 I'm happy.

@TokyoSlim Mine's Everybody's Golf (even if I forgot to put it on my list until it was too late...)

• @TokyoSlim Mine's Rising Storm 2.. Im not expecting to see it haha

• @Faaip Hadn't even heard of that. Launch trailer is good. Might pick it up sometime.

• @TokyoSlim It was my main multiplayer game this year.. I have around 70 hours so I had to include it haha

Its not perfect by any means, but its really fun in my opinion. I'd recommend it if you want a different, challenging, team based shooter that strives to be more 'authentic' than what you normally find. I think it captures the Vietnam aesthetic really well too

• It's a pretty damn awesome game with a ton of atmosphere. A lot of games can learn from it's combination of weapon arsenal, limited resources, and the actual space your fights take place within. This goes before mentioning how the enemies are contextualized to the world which not a lot of horror games do.

However, it isn't as good as the original and it doesn't play to its strengths with tedious open world sections. If it was as unique as the original, it would certainly be in my top 3.

• Polite golf clap o//

• Amazon germany currently has a 3 for 2 sale on selected games and this was one of the games I had on my list I compiled out of all available games for that offer, but decided against it as I yet have to play the 1st game which is in my backlog. I heard good things though.

• I liked Evil Within more than 2, never understood the complaints of the first game.

• Global Moderator

So we have started! Im really looking forward to the list of this CRAZY year! may the best game win!

• I played 24 games in 2017, with only a handful of them being from years prior to that, so I had a pretty tough time making my list. While I didn't enjoy the story/so on of Evil Within 2 as much as the first game, just going around scavenging for stuff and killing freakos just felt too good to not give it at least an honorable mention.

• Injustice 2

#24. Injustice 2 - 9 points

Votes

#1: 0
    #2: 0
    #3: 1 (ZyloWolfBane)
    #4: 1 (ib0show)
    HM: 4 (Inustar, SabotageTheTruth, Sentinel Beach, MiserablePerson)

Information

Release date: May 16 [US/EU]
    Developer: NetherRealm Studios
    Publisher: Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
    Genre: Fighting
    Platform(s): PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows, Android, iOS

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia
    EZA Review

• Great game, enjoyed the story mode, the towers but that online multiplayer sucked balls.

• There are a few genres that are just not for me and fighting is one of them. However, NetherRealm is perhaps the one developer whose fighting games look cool to me. I've been a fan of the Mortal Kombat property for a long time, and what they've done with that is pretty neat. But with DC, outside of the Arkham games, NetherRealm is the one studio that I feel handles the IP the best. Intriguing UI, fascinating story concept and clean stage transition, all make this a fun watch, even when I don't understand what's going on.

• Injustice has me intrigued, maybe when I have shaved some games off of my backlog and have some more time! and money..