The EZA Community Top 25 Best of 2017!

• @Faaip Hadn't even heard of that. Launch trailer is good. Might pick it up sometime.

• @TokyoSlim It was my main multiplayer game this year.. I have around 70 hours so I had to include it haha

Its not perfect by any means, but its really fun in my opinion. I'd recommend it if you want a different, challenging, team based shooter that strives to be more 'authentic' than what you normally find. I think it captures the Vietnam aesthetic really well too

• It's a pretty damn awesome game with a ton of atmosphere. A lot of games can learn from it's combination of weapon arsenal, limited resources, and the actual space your fights take place within. This goes before mentioning how the enemies are contextualized to the world which not a lot of horror games do.

However, it isn't as good as the original and it doesn't play to its strengths with tedious open world sections. If it was as unique as the original, it would certainly be in my top 3.

• Polite golf clap o//

• Amazon germany currently has a 3 for 2 sale on selected games and this was one of the games I had on my list I compiled out of all available games for that offer, but decided against it as I yet have to play the 1st game which is in my backlog. I heard good things though.

• I liked Evil Within more than 2, never understood the complaints of the first game.

• Global Moderator

So we have started! Im really looking forward to the list of this CRAZY year! may the best game win!

• I played 24 games in 2017, with only a handful of them being from years prior to that, so I had a pretty tough time making my list. While I didn't enjoy the story/so on of Evil Within 2 as much as the first game, just going around scavenging for stuff and killing freakos just felt too good to not give it at least an honorable mention.

• Injustice 2

#24. Injustice 2 - 9 points

Votes

#1: 0
    #2: 0
    #3: 1 (ZyloWolfBane)
    #4: 1 (ib0show)
    HM: 4 (Inustar, SabotageTheTruth, Sentinel Beach, MiserablePerson)

Information

Release date: May 16 [US/EU]
    Developer: NetherRealm Studios
    Publisher: Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
    Genre: Fighting
    Platform(s): PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows, Android, iOS

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia
    EZA Review

• Great game, enjoyed the story mode, the towers but that online multiplayer sucked balls.

• There are a few genres that are just not for me and fighting is one of them. However, NetherRealm is perhaps the one developer whose fighting games look cool to me. I've been a fan of the Mortal Kombat property for a long time, and what they've done with that is pretty neat. But with DC, outside of the Arkham games, NetherRealm is the one studio that I feel handles the IP the best. Intriguing UI, fascinating story concept and clean stage transition, all make this a fun watch, even when I don't understand what's going on.

• Injustice has me intrigued, maybe when I have shaved some games off of my backlog and have some more time! and money..

• I really enjoyed TEW2, I'm actually quite surprised it never made it into my top 10, just goes to show it was quite a good year for games. As for Injustice 2, I don't really do fighting games anymore, but I did blow through the story mode for the first game just the other week as it was a part of PSNow; it was actually surprisingly good. I then watched half of the story mode for the second game on YouTube, as I just don't see myself getting it at any point.

• Global Moderator

So far I havent had time to play any of the games on the list (all 2 of them, lol) 2017 was just too crazy!

• Injustice 2 made my honorable mentions despite me not having played it, based entirely on EZA doing that playthrough, and my love of the first one.

• I only played through the campaign of Injustice 2 since I'm not a big fighting game fan, but it was definitely enjoyable! Not enough to make my list but the game fully deserves the success it's had.

• Pyre

#23. Pyre - 9 points

Votes

#1: 0
    #2: 0
    #3: 1 (Capnbobamous)
    #4: 2 (TokyoSlim, SabotageTheTruth)
    HM: 2 (ffff0, marv257)

Information

Release date: July 25 [US/EU]
    Developer: Supergiant Games
    Publisher: Supergiant Games
    Genre: Action role-playing
    Platform(s): PlayStation 4, Microsoft Windows, Linux, macOS

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia
    EZA Review

• I've heard good things about Pyre from multiple sources, but there is one thing I don't like: The way it looks. The art style and designs just do NOT look like my cup of tea (much like a game that will appear MUCH later...). I like the three v three football/basketball/soccer concept, but I don't like what I see. With that said, I believe in it's quality because of Supergiant. They haven't made anything I care for, but I like how they are consistent in high quality mechanic design and unique concepts.

• Pyre is one of the games on my list to pick up at some point, hopefully! I like the style and I've enjoyed Supergiant's previous games, so I'm sure I'd enjoy Pyre, just couldn't make the time this year :(

• Yaaay

Its a weird, beautiful, affecting game with great music. The rites themselves are pretty cool. NBA Jam maybe the closest comparison, but the balancing act between who to save and who to keep around, getting to know these characters and actually forming emotional attachments to some of them in such a short period of time... The final song and doing the whole synopsis of each individual character's story at the ending based on the choices made really elevated this game for me. You my bro forever Ti'Zo.