The EZA Community Top 25 Best of 2017!

• Nioh.. another game I haven't finished haha. I'm about 35 hours in right now and really enjoying it. The gameplay feels perfect and the combat is really fun and dynamic. There are a lot of ways you can tackle a fight and several types of weapons and skills to master. The enemies and levels look great as well.

My only grips are that I don't really care about the story, and that to me the bosses feel a little spongey.. hits seem to do very little damage and because these bosses are tough you need to really master them to last long enough to take them down. Maybe thats just me though.. I don't claim to be good at these games. Those are just minor issues though.. I'm glad to see it ranked this high

• Surprised Nioh made it this high up. I'm a massive Souls fan and I liked the game for a few hours before I HARD QUIT. I just got tired of the constant stream of loot, the repetitive enemies, and the boxy levels.

I'll play Nioh II but this one was a bit too rough around the edges for me. Quite literally actually. I bought it months after release and more than one boss glitched out on me and just stopped attacking and took hits. Kinda broke the game unless I killed myself.

• i hope nioh 2does not have diablo style loot besides that its a game where gameplay is king as the story is complete trash tier

• I would have Nioh higher but the game got repetitive.

• I'll pick up Lost Legacy at some point, but mostly just to complete the collection. I kind of enjoy the Uncharted series, but I really don't like either character that lead LL, Nadine especially. What I've seen of the open section also put me off picking it up when it came out.

Nioh was really good, as good as the Souls game's to be honest. It was rather forgettable though, at least for me for me, so when looking back on the year, it just didn't really stand out as one of the more memorable experiences that I had.

• Nioh hype!

• Global Moderator

Nioh is the game that I always mixed up with Nier. Also it is the game that I didnt dare to play as it seemed so super hard!

• I played so much of the 2 Beta's that by the time the he came out I'd had my fill. Combat feels so good though. If they added a boss rush mode ( don't think there is one, might be wrong) I'd probably pick it up. Couldn't be bothered slogging through the lower tier enemies to get to the good stuff

• @Lotias There's a bit of a learning curve at the start, but I'd say it's easier than Souls, especially due to the fact that some of the skills you can get are super cheese.

• Cuphead

#10. Cuphead - 24 points

Votes

#1: 0
    #2: 2 (FerrisK96, -Jak-)
    #3: 2 (SabotageTheTruth, Helge)
    #4: 2 (DisturbedSwan, MiserablePerson)
    HM: 6 (DeweyDTruman, Billy, DOOM, Jipostus, Faaip, sonmi)

Information

Release date: September 29 [US/EU]
    Developer: StudioMDHR
    Publisher: StudioMDHR
    Genre: Run and gun
    Platform(s): Xbox One, Microsoft Windows

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia
    EZA Review

• This would have been my 5th Honorable Mention, or 4th if we could have chosen a Top 5 +4... whatever it was close, I really enjoyed my time with it and as someone who watched those old cartoons as child the artstyle was nostalgic af. Glad to see it in the Top 10.

• I wasn't expecting much from Cuphead, and that was pretty appropriate I would say, the style is great but I didn't like the game that much overall, I think the design was good for the most part, save for a few stages that really irked me/

• I dunno how everyone else chose their honorable mentions but instead of just treating it like it was fifth through eighth place or something I used it to give props to three games I didn't finish but loved what I did play (didn't feel right to put them on the list itself if I didn't finish them) and one game that I adored but didn't think was good enough for the top of the tops.

Cuphead isn't a game I put enough time into, but man what I did play of it was incredible. I have no doubts it would have made my list proper if I had put in the time and effort to complete it. Not often a game can have a perfect mastery of both its aesthetic presentation and gameplay at the same time.

• I truly believe they couldn't have made the game they wanted to make better than this. This, my fellow allies is videogames at it's finest. A game that will stand the test of time and took videogames to an aesthetic level I never thought was possible to achieve without compromises in vision and gameplay, but here we are. 2017 was just insane for the medium and we're looking at a bright future. The best is yet to come!

• Really was hoping Sonic Mania would make it top 10, not even close

• Cuphead's strongest aspect to appeal to me is not only is its design, but the technical level at which it operates to make what you're seeing move smoothly, in conjunction with the sheer amount on the screen, most of which you need to avoid or parry.

I don't mind challenge being a part of the gameplay, but it's a turnoff when it's the central design choice. I get it, this game could not have existed in any other way without that brutality of difficulty, but that only means it's not for me.

• Cuphead is a game I'd definitely enjoy, but a combination of being an Xbox/pc exclusive and it having no physical edition has meant I've never tried it, j have watched a full play through however. It would never have made my top 10 though

• @Sheria If it matters, I can personally vouch that the PC version is pretty well optimized. My computer is absolute garbage (mostly play on Switch/PS4) that can barely play anything from the last couple of years but it runs this game just fine.

• @DeweyDTruman said in The EZA Community Top 25 Best of 2017!:

@Sheria If it matters, I can personally vouch that the PC version is pretty well optimized. My computer is absolute garbage (mostly play on Switch/PS4) that can barely play anything from the last couple of years but it runs this game just fine.

@DeweyDTruman said in The EZA Community Top 25 Best of 2017!:

@Sheria If it matters, I can personally vouch that the PC version is pretty well optimized. My computer is absolute garbage (mostly play on Switch/PS4) that can barely play anything from the last couple of years but it runs this game just fine.

Oh, it's not that I've got anything against either PC or Xbox; the only reason I mentioned them was due to the fact that they aren't primary systems for me, despite owning both. I've kind of been locked to PS for some time, simply for convenience. It's simply a small part of why I never grabbed it.

• @Sheria For this game I took the bitter pill and bought it on Steam, I think it was worth it, not many games are imo.