The EZA Community Top 25 Best of 2017!

• Love the game, it was my entry point into the series after back then the original Yakuza 1 put me off with non optional english voices. Since 0 I have played Kiwami, 2 on PS2 and 3, and bought 4,5 and Dead Souls (very cheap so might as well) in a past PSN sale, gonna try to beat 4&5 before 6 comes out, which of course is a day 1 purchase. That it's only an HM from me only shows how amazing 2017 was, in a Top 5 it would have been my 5, very glad to see it so high up. I can almost guess the Top 5, lol.

• I'm happy a lot of people liked it, but imo, six really is too low. I'm not just happy to be here as it were, more people need to play this game.

• Wolfenstein II almost made my honorable mentions, but alas there were too many good games and I never even played it. I had a blast watching the BF playing it, and he adored it. Glad to see it get some love.

Yakuza 0! My second fave game of the year and I haven't even finished it! I keep getting distracted, but that's okay since I have fun playing it whenever I get the chance. It's a really engaging story, with great acting and I love both the main characters.

• Yakuza 0 is a crazy game. After watching Huber's Yakuza 0 impressions during E3 2016 and Huber and Ben tag team impressions last year, i put the Yakuza games on my watch. Played only 4 hours so far, and i'm already having so much fun, more than i could have imagined. The hype is real! Everything Huber and Ben said about this game is on point, and oh boy, this is a glorious game. Playing Sega classics on the arcade, beating up assholes in alleyways, and eating at the local bento shop is my go to routine in this game. The main story is fantastic so far, and the side missions i encountered so far stands as tall, if not higher than the main missions. Full of emotions, wackiness and awesomeness, they make this behemoth of a game stand taller.
    Unfortunately i didn't finish it yet, and i have some problems with the combat that i can't shake off, so it's a honorable mention for me.

• Yakuza as a series is another one of those hard, "Not for me" type of things, but the observation I want to make is the MASSIVE 20 POINT jump from Wolfenstein to Yakuza.

It's something I've noticed from time to time, but THIS is the best example of Japanese appeal people have. In no way is this a bad thing, and I'm curious how well Yakuza 6 will place this time next year with the likes of Red Dead Redemption 2, Spiderman, etc.

• Yakuza 0 was only a Honorable Mention for me since I don't feel comfortable putting games I hadn't finished in my top X of any kinda list. Still haven't completed it which is a massive shame (funnily enough when 2017 started this, Gravity Rush 2 and Sonic Mania were all I actually had planned to play for the entire year as far as new releases go) but from what I have played I almost think it would have been in my top 3. Easily would have cracked my top 5.

• @Brannox As someone who's played most of the mainline Yakuza Games, I'm pretty comfortable in my opinion that this is the best one released so far. It is, in my opinion, the new high point of the series, and I don't expect 6 to do as well.

• Yakuza 0 is another game I only experienced second hand, but everything I saw of it was great!

• My guess for top 5 games: Nier: Automata, Horizon Zero Dawn, Super Mario Odyssey, Persona 5, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Which means that our community has almost zero interest in multiplayer games. Even PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds is not in our Top 25, despite it's insane popularity. I don't play multiplayer games myself, but I'm extremely surprised that so does everyone else here.

• @ffff0 said in The EZA Community Top 25 Best of 2017!:

My guess for top 5 games: Nier: Automata, Horizon Zero Dawn, Super Mario Odyssey, Persona 5, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

That was my guess before this even started lol. I do believe Overwatch was very high on last years list.

• But in which order??

• @Axel Who knows! Maybe no one voted for these 5 games and GotY will be decided between 1-2-Switch and Need for Speed Payback.

• @ffff0 Don't forget Knack 2!

• @ffff0 Nahh, Star Wars Battlefront 2's gonna be number one babyyy

• @Axel

5.) Horizon
    4.) Nier
    3.) Mario
    2.) Persona
    1.) Zelda

If not that, then I can see Horizon slotting into third and Nier and Mario move down one.

• Adding to the fact that I'm in love with Yakuza 0 and it was my GOTY, I am skeptical that Yakuza 6 can top it. Clearly the gameplay improvements excite the hell out of me, but the mystery surrounding the baby sounds awfully similar to the mystery surrounding Makoto.

Either way, I have it pre-ordered for that free art book! CANNOT WAIT!

• I should have realized how many games would make it to the top 10 that I played. The answer is most likely going to be: 1 of them.

• Kiwami > 0

• @ib0show Could not disagree more. Quality of life improvements brought over from Zero are nice, but Majima Everywhere is intrusive and grindy.

• Yakuza 0 is absolutely worth the ride. I figured I was going to have a fun brawler with some interesting mini games... and while that is true, the main narrative of this game is leagues above nearly every other game released this year. Emotional, impactful, a little silly when it needs to be, I have close to zero complaints about this game. First game I ever played in the franchise and it made me a fan of the series immediately.