The EZA Community Top 25 Best of 2017!

• @Sentinel-Beach I didn't think about where it can land here, but I was stunned when it was nominated for GotY at The Game Awards. I mean, I love, love Horizon and it's the only game I've platinumed in 2017. But it seemed like it was banished from conversations by Zelda and other games that came after. So yeah, I'm surprised that at the end of the year many had remembered a game that was released almost a year ago, and favor it over more recent great games.

• @Brannox I could see a hunger meter being annoying. I'm gonna have to check it out myself, but I'm hoping the food looks good. Video Game food (and real food) is my jam.

• @Sentinel-Beach In no particular order, I thought Zelda, Mario, Persona, Nier, and Yakuza would be top five in this list, so I'm happy to be proven wrong. I'll post my thoughts about Horizon when it drops (which should be tonight).

@TokyoSlim Yeah, that type of thing (meters of any kind really) always gives me pause, but I don't think it'll be a big issue. I'm sure the food will be on par with how the food looked in Final Fantasy XV, if not better.

• @Minamik i voted for TITS 3rd

• The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

#3. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 72 points

Votes

#1: 5 (FerrisK96, Axel, Alex840, Lux Noctis, MiserablePerson)
    #2: 6 (FF7Cloud, Billy, sunpraiser, DMCMaster, Capnbobamous, Fridge-man)
    #3: 5 (DOOM, A7X458, Bigdude1, sonmi, Swordfish00830)
    #4: 2 (michemagius, Tragosaurus)
    HM: 4 (Inustar, Yoshi, Minamik, Jipostus)

Information

Release date: March 3 [US/EU]
    Developer: Nintendo EPD
    Publisher: Nintendo
    Genre: Action-adventure
    Platform(s): Nintendo Switch, Wii U

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia
    EZA Review

• The plot thickens

• MLB The Show '17 is number two, isn't it?

• I'm loving this!

• My jaw hinges hurt.

Not EVEN joking.

HOW did this NOT make number 1?!?!

I know nothing. My life is a lie.

Oh, uh, thoughts, yeah. Open world that doesn't have much in it, light on story, yada, yada, yada.

Wha.....?!

The game is TIED with Mario. Was the tiebreaker being ONE more person having it on their list, or there were more second place votes with an equal number of people having as their GOTY?

Persona is number 1. Horizon number 2. I mean I have my favorite, but knowing this forum, if this isn't the reality......

@Axel How about now?

• @Brannox Yes the two are tied and the way these are sorted out is by looking at who has the most #1 votes, then if it's still a tie, who has the most #2 votes, and so on. So in this case Zelda beat Mario by having more #2 votes.

• @Brannox said in The EZA Community Top 25 Best of 2017!:

HOW did this NOT make number 1?!?!

I don't have a switch, so did not vote on any Nintendo gaems

• @Axel Ok, cool. But still: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey DID NOT take the forum's GOTY. If Persona isn't number one.... I just can't fathom that.

@TokyoSlim I don't have a Switch either, so I too did not vote for either of the Nintendo heavy hitters, but I thought for SURE Zelda would take it if Mario did not because the zeitgeist and conversation surrounding both has been practically NONSTOP up to last month.

• @TokyoSlim Don't forget Knack 2!

• @Hidz I'm not forgetting it.

• @Brannox I honestly just think it's volume. No matter how well the Switch has been selling this year, there's still like nearly 80 million ps4s out there.

• Also, we all know that Breath of the Wild is only a 4 1/2 star game. hehe

• @TokyoSlim True, but regardless of quality of all games involved, I saw and heard more about Zelda and Mario over the last 10 months than I did Persona.

For example, more Zelda Switch cartridges were sold than actual Switches. Granted, the PS4 has a current 7 or 8 to 1 ratio to the Switch, but the Switch is the newest trendy thing and is more likely to start a conversation.

• @Brannox said in The EZA Community Top 25 Best of 2017!:

Zelda Switch cartridges were sold than actual Switches

I think this was true at zelda's launch, but isn't true any more.

• Zelda is my personal GOTY so I was a bit sad to not see it win, but like you guys said, there's simply way more PS4 owners in this community and overall than there are Switch owners. So it only makes sense that Knack 2 wins in the end because more people have access to it.

I just hope that by the time Metroid Prime 4 comes out, there will be 80 million Switch owners, so it can take its deserved crown!

• @Axel But then there'll be 800 million PS4 owners! Can't stop Knack 3 GOTY 2025

*This is my 2500th post. Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!