Developer: Supergiant Games
    Publisher: Supergiant Games
    Genre: Action role-playing
    Platform(s): PlayStation 4, Microsoft Windows, Linux, macOS

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia
    EZA Review

• I've heard good things about Pyre from multiple sources, but there is one thing I don't like: The way it looks. The art style and designs just do NOT look like my cup of tea (much like a game that will appear MUCH later...). I like the three v three football/basketball/soccer concept, but I don't like what I see. With that said, I believe in it's quality because of Supergiant. They haven't made anything I care for, but I like how they are consistent in high quality mechanic design and unique concepts.

• Pyre is one of the games on my list to pick up at some point, hopefully! I like the style and I've enjoyed Supergiant's previous games, so I'm sure I'd enjoy Pyre, just couldn't make the time this year :(

• Yaaay

Its a weird, beautiful, affecting game with great music. The rites themselves are pretty cool. NBA Jam maybe the closest comparison, but the balancing act between who to save and who to keep around, getting to know these characters and actually forming emotional attachments to some of them in such a short period of time... The final song and doing the whole synopsis of each individual character's story at the ending based on the choices made really elevated this game for me. You my bro forever Ti'Zo.

• Pyre is unexpected gem for me. Played it in December without any anticipation, and loved it so much that I just had to give #5 spot to it.

• Pyre is a game I hope to get, but I'm worried about it since I'm bad at sports games. I love the art style, and the narrative though...
    I'm hoping for this to be a ps+ game in the future.

• Someone had an idea to combine visual novel with a sports game and it somehow worked.

• @Inustar I don't play sports games at all and I had no problems with Pyre. I won most battles with just quick movements ant the right moments, so it was more like a puzzle/strategy game for me. Played it on PC, so I have no idea how feasible such strategy is with controller.

• The "base" rites are very not hard and you can speed through them with minimal challenge on normal mode. The difficulty curve comes by activating optional constellations that apply various status effects or handicaps to your team. You can activate one or two for a little bit of a challenge, or like (I think?) 12 constellations for a pretty good challenge.

Also, I think that controller is the easiest.

• Mass Effect: Andromeda

#22. Mass Effect: Andromeda - 9 points

Votes

#1: 0
    #2: 1 (Hazz3r)
    #3: 0 ()
    #4: 1 (Sazime)
    HM: 3 (Brannox, Billy, Faaip)

Information

Release date: March 21 [US], March 23 [EU]
    Developer: BioWare
    Publisher: Electronic Arts
    Genre: Action role-playing
    Platform(s): PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia
    EZA Review

• Haha! Mass Effect Andromeda! I’m not the only crazy person!

Several of the criticisms were valid, but I do believe that many were overblown. I, personally, had a great time in Andromeda and would have welcomed a sequel in the future. It’s disappointing what has happened with Bioware and the Mass Effect franchise, but it’s a series that will always hold a special place in my heart.

• It looks like we have some people to Haze :P

• Woww Mass Effect got here? Thank god i'm not the only one enjoying it, everyone i talked to didn't care much for it. I didn't pick it, but kudos for those who did!

• Its a shame the way Mass Effect: Andromeda launched because I think there is a great game in there somewhere. I had a really good time playing it, even if it didn't have the quality of the original trilogy. More than deserving of an honorable mention for me.

• I really enjoyed ME:A. Sucks that it launched too early to fix certain animation bugs, but the rest of the game was solid and a lot of fun. I was hoping it would break top 20, but hey! 22!

• I have to admit I enjoyed my time with Mass Effect more that a lot of better critically acclaimed games
    Probably should have put it in my honorable mentions.

• Out of the games I played this year (Six, one watched, and one that didn't ORIGINATE this year), this was the biggest disappointment. My concise thoughts are in the March 2017 Community Comments video (next to last comment), but the bullet points with a few additions:

PROS:

• I felt the dialogue was improved, not a clear "this is the good option, this is the neutral option, and this is the bad option" from the original trilogy.

• Some of the character relationships and development were pretty good and spread out in an even manner.

• The act of exploring space and on the ground was pretty cool.

• The Tempest is a better ship than the Normandy in it's interior design and functionality.

• A lot of callbacks to the original trilogy provides a lot of that Mass Effect feel.

• The Journal's organization with dedicated categories for things such as missions, map, etc.

• By the end of the story, the galaxy has transformed from a place filled with isolated outposts and planets in a single connected ecosystem between the terraformed planets, the Angara, and the OG species.

CONS:

• Glitching and Bugs were severe and angering, ranging from quests not being able to be closed to not being able to move when stuck in a corner or wall, and massive visual pop in.

• The Multiplayer's unfavorable design to players without established teammates/friends.

• Necessity to be online for some functions (APEX missions, saving, etc.)

• The over-reliance of the scanner, and its eventual pointlessness.

• All of the callbacks to the original trilogy keep this from being its own game.

• Side quest organization needed massive work (some types were unnecessary, the missions tab in the journal was daunting and confusing to keep up with, and some of them were straight up not good in terms of scenario and writing).

• Audio cutting out A LOT, most specifically when listening to two teammates chat with each other and the conversation stops dead if you get close to ANYTHING, lost forever, without being picked back up or repeated; enemy, point of interest, quest marker, etc.

So yeah, exploring and some character development made it fun, but glitching, boring quests, and other technical problems made it even more aggravating. Absolutely not a personal top five game, but I needed to fill out the Honorable Mentions.

• My feelings on Mass Effect Andromeda are certainly coloured by the original trilogy being my fave series, and not in a good way.
    A lot of my problems are on me, that I expected too much, but there are too many issues that I think are valid. The characters are boring and the story is uninteresting, which is a huge problem for me since story and characters are the main reason I love the original trilogy. I have played those games multiple times not because i love the shooting, but because i wanted to spend more time with Garrus, Kaiden and Wrex. I didn't connect to anyone in Andromeda. Not to mention we all can agree it was sadly rushed out and had too many glitches.
    That being said, after taking time to regulate my expectations, I don't hate the game. It did improve some things like the ship, and the worlds to explore, not to mention after patches it's certainly better, so I am not surprised people liked it and had fun.

In the end for me it's the perfect example of a disappointing game. Not good, but not terrible. Just not what I wanted.

• I've played Mass Effect: Andromeda when it launched and it was an interesting experience. The game itself (besides first and last missions) was average, but I had some Skyrim-like fun with game bugs. Also I'm still intrigued with game's biggest mystery: why The Tempest was separated into three separately loaded zones (hangar, the bridge with two side rooms and everything else).

• WHAAAAAAAAA...?
    Well, I did spend a lot of time with it despite being... let's call it underwhelming. The combat is really fun despite everything and some planets I really like (Havarl) and a handful of missions have been fun. Story, characters and essentially everything else was disappointing. I'm glad that I put it back on the shelf but I'm not regretting the 50 hours I have put into it and for this reason I'm glad it had made it on this list.