The EZA Community Top 25 Best of 2017!

• Global Moderator

So my top 3 guess was correct then!

Thank you to everyone that voted and followed this list! Also an extra big thank you to @Axel for organising this whole thing!

I had Horizon as my number 1 game and Nier as my number two. Yet now when I actually have finished ending E in Nier I almost feel like that would of surpassed it. I almost need to go back to Horizon though as I loved that world and Aloy are my favourite character in a long long time.

• This was my list

1: Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus
    2: Prey
    3: Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
    4: Night in the Woods

HMs:
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Little Nightmares
    PUBG

In retrospect, I probably would change it around a bit. Either way, this was clearly an amazing year for video games. I'm kinda disappointed I couldn't play a lot of the highest games on the list as they're mostly console exclusives. I'm kinda surprised Mario and Zelda were so high on the list tbh. I expected them to be pretty low (for their quality obviously. Maybe #9 or #10) as I figured most of us didn't have a Switch. I'm glad they got the positions they likely deserve though.

• I finished Doki Doki Lit Club after the voting closed, but it would have gotten on my HM list if I'd have played it last year. Probably over Gorogoa, which I watched Ian's 2 play throughs of and think is amazing, but I have not played.

• Games I've played of the final list:
    Sonic Mania, Gravity Rush 2, Uncharted: the Lost Legacy, Cuphead, Yakuza 0, Nier Automata, Super Mario Odyssey, The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild, Horizon Zero Dawn and Persona 5.

Shoutouts to PuyoPuyo Tetris, Nex Machina, Picross S and a bunch of other amazing games that didn't make this list. 2017 was something else in terms of videogames, and this list represents just that. L & R

• @FerrisK96 said in The EZA Community Top 25 Best of 2017!:

Games I've played of the final list:
    Sonic Mania, Gravity Rush 2, Uncharted: the Lost Legacy, Cuphead, Yakuza 0, Nier Automata, Super Mario Odyssey, The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild, Horizon Zero Dawn and Persona 5.

I decided to have a look as well. Turns out I own 17 of the final 25, I've only beaten 10 of them though. I have a lot to crack on with lol.

• Yey, a win for Persona 5. But overall, I more excited for future switch games. I look forward in getting the switch on its 2nd or 3rd year when more GOTYs are in placed.

• results don't surprise me in the slightest.

• Justice has finally been served.

• I'm just now seeing how the top 5 played out here. I've never been more proud of you guys than right now. Making it right.

• Bumping this again because I want to selfishly advocate for its move to the Hall of Fame category.

• Global Moderator

@Brannox Good Idea, I'll move it now!

• @Lotias Thanks!

• @tokeeffe9
    Nex Machina was my #4..., I'm just a huge fan of the genre and Nex Machina is great entry. Back in 2013 Resogun was even my #2 GOTY.
    I'm still mourning Housemarque's departure from twin-stick shooters.

Well, I'm happy to know that I wasn't the only one, that had it on my list.

• Just caught up with the thread after I was busy with family and work the last month. So I just wanted to post my nominations:

#1 Nier: Automata
    #2 Horizon Zero Dawn
    #3 Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
    #4 Nex Machina (How many points did it get in the end @Axel ?)
    HM: Pyre, Rime, Nioh, Everybody's Golf

List probably would have looked a bit different, if I played on anything else than a PS4.

• @marv257 It got 6 points in total.

• Global Moderator

@marv257 Yes that upsets me about housemarque and I'm just sad that I haven't played Nex Machina in so long. I'd love to just invest a load of time into it but I've so many other games I want to get to too.

Cool to see it got another vote or 2 also.

And yes.. Resogun is fantastic.

• @tokeeffe9 I wish Nex Machina had gotten a Online Co-op update from Housemarque as a farewell to the genre. We could have played a couple of fun rounds...

• @marv257 Never tried the coop mode, is it worth going back to?