The EZA Community Top 25 Best of 2017!

• @Brannox I 180'd on the idea of this one when it was revealed, in a big way. When I do get a Switch, it will be a sure purchase.

• Just finished it. Good game, but it needs to be on PC, because such games are meant to be played with mouse. Also, there is no zoom for camera, so fighting on big battlefield is too confusing.

• @Brannox Do honestly find it kinda odd that this wasn't Most Surprising. PUBG blew up like crazy but I mean, battle royale settings have been popular since, well, Battle Royale (but the release of the Hunger Games movies in particular pushed it harder than ever, I know I've seen and even played some browser simulators taking random video game/TV characters in the past.) Meanwhile this was a game that nobody was excited about until it was actually revealed. If anything I think the leak helped it since it put everybody's expectations so low before the actual game blew them outta the water.

• I definitely find this one the most surprising, and for a reason I was surprised wasn't brought up. People liked a game starring Rabbids. I don't hate them, but I know most people do and they really didn't want to see Rabbids in a Mario game.
    I look forward to trying it now that I own a Switch.

• i will pick this game up eventually theres just way to much to play right now

• just finished it myself, definitively some stuff I would have liked to be different and I think it could been better in certain areas it was a pretty good effort and the end result is a very solid game, so props for that at least and bringing such an odd mix together so well.

• Yeah, I found myself agreeing with Ian's argument against it, that I just don't really get surprised when random games blow up on PC. I feel like it happens often enough that it happening again doesn't surprise me.

• Oh man, what if in a couple years, we all flip on a Minions action platformer cross over with LoZ??? I'm calling it now.

• @Sazime I'm waiting for Minions Football Manager 2020. Or Rabbits COD.

• Assassin's Creed Origins

#20. Assassin's Creed Origins - 10 points

Votes

#1: 0
    #2: 1 (Sentinel Beach)
    #3: 1 (jbluzb)
    #4: 0
    HM: 3 (Sazime, Nillend, Exist 2 Inspire)

Information

Release date: October 27 [US/EU]
    Developer: Ubisoft Montreal
    Publisher: Ubisoft
    Genre: Action-adventure, Stealth
    Platform(s): PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia
    EZA Review

• I sleep

it's gonna take a lot to get my interest back

• another game ill get to eventually

• Origins seems like it didn't quite turn out the way I was hoping. Its been years since I played an AC game though.. so this is one I'd like to get to this year maybe

• I've played every mainline Assassin's Creed game. In most of them I was just doing main story, but in Origins I've completed every side quest and visited all regions. Also walking around old Egypt is fun and educational (I even showed a couple of places to my parents which I never do). Didn't make into my list, but it's very good.

• I've been playing every AC release, aside from Rogue (yet), and this is by far my favorite since AC II. It was just so nice to see an AC game that looked so different and had a story chock full of actual character development, rather than shoving historical fiction in our face at the expense of the character we were following through the game.

• I wanted to buy Origin but I think I'm finished with Assassin's Creed. The story no longer matters so I have no investment to the series any more.

• @ib0show Which is why this one works. The character development and story is separate from the overarching meta that has been leaned on for so long. It's there, but it feels waaaaay tertiary this time.

• Shame it didn't get more votes, but it made it into the top 20 in a great gaming year at least. My #2 game of the year. New favourite AC. I've written quite a lot in the game's own thread, no need to repeat everything. The world is simply mesmerizing and the details depicting both the surroundings visually and the ways of life story-wise really, really good and interesting. Loved the changes in the fighting system and all that, Bayek's a great character and the story works etc. It was/is simply a joy to play this game when it comes to the feeling of discovery.

• It has one of the most wonderful worlds I have ever seen in any game, simply walking around is a joy. Compared to it, other element simply aren't on par and perhaps that's the reason it didn't finish higher, even though I want it to. While it didn't wow me, I am satisfied with the numerous hours I've put into it and I will gladly return when the DLC comes out. Good on you Origins.

• @Sazime that honestly just makes it worse to me, I liked AC in the beginning because it seemed like it was trying to build an epic story spawning multiple generations, now it literally does one in whatever period of history seems cool, idk if they actually had grand plans in the beginning for story, but I don't want to support a franchise that had the potential for a great story wasted for the sake of annual (or biannual) installments