Gaming Unpopular opinion thread

• Hello,

so my dear friends, what are you gaming unpopular opinion. the opinion which may not accept by majority of gamers?

let me start this

• Tomb Raider 2013 and ROTR are 2 of worst games ever ever made
    • Only Good Resident Evil is Resident evil 7
    • GTA is most overrated series of all time.
    • Max payne 3 is best rockstar game of all time despite its weak max payne game
    • The witcher 3 is mediocre to average game and this generation most overrated game.
    • 90% of open world games are trash
    • 90% of third person shooters are bad
    • Bioshock infinite is worst AAA FPS game ever ever made. its really that bad
    • Metro series is best newly debut series of this decade (2010s)
    • Wolfenstein new order, old blood, new collosus absolutely suck and disgrace towards wolfenstein games and FPS
    • Doom 2016 is best game of this generation and best FPS of decade.
    • uncharted, last of us are more of hollywood movies than games
    • Alan wake is best third person horror action game ever
    • Mafia 1 is best third person game in general ever made
    • Assassins creed 3 is better than 2
    • Only good AC is AC4 black flag. even 2 suck
    • only Good wolfenstein is RTCW. wolf 3d is too dated and new order/colossus suck. and even 2009 wolf is better game
    • nintendo were never great. at peak sega genesis was better than snes in every way.

i could think of more. but currently these come to my mind.

• Oh my god half of your list triggered me lol. I don't have many, but here's mine anyway.

• EDF Insect Armageddon is the best in the series so far
    • Rocket League is not very fun to play
    • Batman Arkham Knight is the best Arkham game
    • Doom 2016 is overrated, gets repetitive way too quickly. Not worth finishing.
    • PSP is a better handheld compared to the NDS.
    • The Witcher 3 has great combat
    • 3D sonic games are better, don't care about the 2D ones so much, even the original trilogy
    • Dark Souls 1 and Bloodborne are the only Souls-esque game worth your time right now, everything else feels very samey

• Mainstream games media usually get it right. One man Youtube critics are usually uneducated pretentious dullards.

• Games don't "age poorly". A good game is always as enjoyable as the day it came out, regardless of how far technology has progressed.

• @Sheria said in Gaming Unpopular opinion thread:

Games don't "age poorly". A good game is always as enjoyable as the day it came out, regardless of how far technology has progressed.

actually games do age. theres some games that never age. because they are so good.

most console games of 90s havenot age well specially PS1/PS2 games due to bad camera angle for todays standard.

most old PC games still play great. like FEAR is almost 15 year old game and still have best shooting mechanic ever ever made.

• The western games industry and mainstream media is on a steady decline.

The US government should enact an Art and Entertainment Media Protection Act to make censorship and deliberate false translations illegal.

PC gamers are the bourgeoisie among the gamers.

System exclusivity (full, not this time limited crap) is important and good for the industry, the idea that every game should run on every current platform is awful and would lead to less quality games.

Japan #1

While I enjoyed RE7, RE8 should go back to 3rd person, also RE2make needs to have static camera, it should be like the REmake.

Modern pixel art most of the time doesn't has the charme of 8 and 16 bit retro games, they are either too detailed or too simplistic.

The Secret of Mana remake looks great and I can't wait to play it.

English dubs in japanese games are often awful because they try to emulate the often exaggerated japanese tones insted of speaking like normal english speakers, which simply doesn't work well in english.

Konami needs to make a new Ganbare Goemon

• @Black-Cell said in Gaming Unpopular opinion thread:

• Tomb Raider 2013 and ROTR are 2 of worst games ever ever made
    • The witcher 3 is mediocre to average game and this generation most overrated game.
    • 90% of open world games are trash
    • 90% of third person shooters are bad
    • Bioshock infinite is worst AAA FPS game ever ever made. its really that bad
    • Wolfenstein new order, old blood, new collosus absolutely suck and disgrace towards wolfenstein games and FPS
    • Doom 2016 is best game of this generation and best FPS of decade.
    • uncharted, last of us are more of hollywood movies than games
    • Assassins creed 3 is better than 2
    • Only good AC is AC4 black flag. even 2 suck
    • nintendo were never great. at peak sega genesis was better than snes in every way.

Wow. I usually come into these thinking "They probably have a point". But no, strongly disagree with all of these statements.

I only really have a few unpopular opinions:

• Batman: Arkham Origins is better than Arkham Knight. Origins > Asylum > City makes for a better trilogy in terms of Story.
    • Red Dead Redemption isn't as good as everyone says it is. Outside of the phenomenal voice-acting it's a pretty generic open-world shooter for the time.
    • Assassin's Creed 3 is the second best game in the series, just losing out to 2.

• The Wii U is better than the Switch, at least right now. While Mario Odyssey and Splatoon 2 are great everything else I've played on the Switch that's actually good has just been a port or remaster. There's nothing inherently wrong with a console having a lot of ports/multiplats/remasters of good games but exclusives do matter at the end of the day.

3D World is the best Mario game.

I don't have a problem with games putting an emphasis on story, but story is never more important than gameplay. Even an 80 hour RPG needs to be fun to play first and foremost or the battles/dungeon crawling/etc. won't be worth slogging through for the story.

On that note The Last of Us is an 8/10 almost solely because of the frantic gunfights and the scavenging. Could not possibly care less about "generic zombie apocalypse story #58302."

Senran Kagura is a good series with a bunch of fun games that people only hate on since they can't get past the fact that the cast is made up of anime girls.

Sonic Heroes is the worst 3D Sonic game. Even 06 is at least fun to laugh at. Heroes is just a chore.

• Lol Mods should change the title to a"Black Cells Great Hits" or something.

Also Black Cell, in the what 2-3 ish years since you started posting back on GT to now you've never once articulated how and why you came to your opinions.

• Nioh is a poor imitation of the souls games. One thing that drives you through the souls-games is the exploration of the coherent, intertwined world, which is so damn fun to explore. I think Nioh sorely lacks the sense of discovery and worldbuilding that the souls-games have. I think i would finish Nioh if it had a coherent world maybe, Nioh levels are so bland and boring to me (even though they are very pretty), everything feels like a straight line with minor offshoots that lead to "slightly better sword #976". Also, i can't stand all the loot in this game! There's so much of it. Also also, i think Nioh has a way too convoluted upgrade/progression system. I like that the rpg elements of souls are pretty damn easy to grasp if you look at it for five minutes, and maybe this is because i'm an idiot, but i found especially the weapon/combo(?) upgrades to be very confusing. I think the combat is really tight and feels very good, but it just doesn't matter to me when that's the only thing i like about the game. The awkward, weird, disconnected story certainly doesn't help it either. I wanted to love this game so bad, but i ended up hating it in the end. Nioh might be the only game i hate, maybe because i can see some good in it, idk. 8.5/10

• Wow. Somebody needs to spend a little less time on 4chan.

As for my own:

DmC: Devil May Cry is mechanically superior to half the mainline series, and story/character wise better thab the entire mainline series.

• N64 FPSes (Perfect Dark, Goldeneye, Turok 1+2, etc.) weren't "good for the time". They're still fantastic games and you should learn to love to them again if you stopped playing them for whatever reason.

• Sakamoto still knows how to make the best Metroid games. Keep his hands away from the writing/story and I'm a true believer.

• Guns in Mirror's Edge 1 weren't clunky, flawed, or some marketing checkbox. They were a small but carefully inserted gameplay element that made that game greater than it could have been. (I haven't played Catalyst yet but I'm still down to party with that one too anyway)

• Kid Icarus could equal Metroid in popularity if they ever decide to capitalize on what Uprising brought to the table.

• Marche did nothing wrong.

• When it comes to Ocarina of Time 3D, Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Triology, or any remake of an early 3D game, the improved graphics DO NOT "look as good you as you remember it looking". This is a grammatical error, because you just have poor memory and may only use the pronoun "I" here at best. For the rest of us who haven't stopped playing those games, then originals look exactly like they've always looked.

• Final Fantasy 6 > Chrono Trigger. Both are top tier SNES games, but that greater-than-symbol is exactly where I intended it to be.

• On that note, Skyward Sword is a 5/5 and Zero Mission rivals Super Metroid on some days of the week. Secret passages in ZM weren't a bad idea.

• Two for one: I'm probably going to continue enjoying replaying Quest 64 (average but fun) more than replaying SOTN (good I guess but the flaws bother me). I'd rather play at least 5 of the sequels of SOTN than SOTN itself.

• "Fira/Firaga" was stupid. Fire 2/Fire 3 is cool.

• Quintet died for our sins. They were too good for this world and we should remind ourselves to be thankful for the time they graced our consoles.

• heres more

Hitman is better stealth series than MGS
    Agent 47 is better character than solid snake
    Doom 3 was almost as good as Half life 2
    Quantum break is best third person shooter this gen better than likes of uncharted and tomb raider
    Goldeneye was never good. it was only praised because it was first console FPS. compare to PC FPS it was bad.
    Average FPS games have better story than average RPG.

• If you use the term “overrated” to voice your opinion about a game, you sound like an entitled and spoiled child that probably doesn’t know what is actual good or what he wants from a game or other media. Underrated is okay since a game might not get any publicity. The only movie I can think that might deserve to be called overrated is Wonder Women because the alternative would be that you are misogynistic. But it’s okay.
    • the term “boring” is barely better, at least if you don’t elaborate further.
    • Walking simulator (same as above)
    • --> Fuck steam reviews
    • Sonic the Hedgehog was never good. If Sonic isn’t running his movement is sluggish and doesn’t allow precise jumping. Simply it’s no fun. If he is too fast he becomes barely controllable. After 2 second speeding you bump into some obstacle. No wonder that most (3D) Sonic game are basically autorunners that don’t require much player input… . If you like sonic you are into furry.
    • Japan #1 is not an unpopular opinion

• 99% of contrarian opinions on gaming forums are narrow minded, ill thought out, self serving borderline idiotic & made by people with self confidence issues

• @FutureCorpse said in Gaming Unpopular opinion thread:

99% of contrarian opinions on gaming forums are narrow minded, ill thought out, self serving borderline idiotic & made by people with self confidence issues

This is just mean-spirited. If you don't like the thread then no one is forcing you to post.

• @FutureCorpse I like you already.

Here is some of my own.

• Metal Gear Rising is the best MG game ever made.
    • Most Dynasty Warrior games or spin-offs aren't bad, but not for everyone. I find them to be time killers or blowing off some steam.
    • Shadows of the Damned is one of the best RE4 style shooters ever made. And a better remake of Splatterhouse
    • Sonic Forces was just okay. Not the worse thing ever, nor worse than 06. A lot of people like jumping on the Sonic hate bandwagon.
    • Platinum has made only one bad game (TMNT). Everything else ranges from excellent to good, and one average.
    • The original XBOX had the worse variety in 3rd party support.
    • Most sandbox games are boring, tedious, checklist of stuff to do.

• @Hazz3r Don‘t you see the irony

• More!

Remember Me was a good game and if the Ghost Trick style memory altering sections and rhythm based combat had been more fleshed out, would have been a great game.

Xenoblade 2 is a bad direction for the series stylistically. Veering off from the cool mecha Tanaka semi realistic style to full on KAWAII DESU NE UGUU~ waifubait weeb pandering bullshit you would find in an Idea Factory or Compile Heart abortion.

Destiny has absolutely superb gunplay. Like seriously bravo Bungie you nailed that shit, now put it in a better game that isn't everything wrong with large budget AAA gaming today.

Resident Evil 5 is an terrific game. It is less a casualization of 's mechanics, and more a refinement of the. Also, 6 is not just a bad RE, but a bad game in general. Some like to say that it is a good action game when viewed seperately from the rest of the series, but there are far too many broken mechanics, far too much terrible pacing, far too many shark jumping moments, and just overall poor game design for it to be anything other than a raging dumpster fire and a blight on the RE name that I am glad even Capcom are distancing themselves from.

• @FutureCorpse "People who don't conform to the popular consensus are poor AND stupid."