Gaming Unpopular opinion thread

• @Sage-Of-Thyme said in Gaming Unpopular opinion thread:

@Sheria I tend to agree that a game's generally don't age, but it is definitely not true that no games age. Perfect Dark is one of my favorite games of all time, but the frame rate is undeniably bad, though I never noticed it when it first came out. Mario 64 on the other hand seems somehow ageless. There are aspects that do feel old or barebones, for instance, the lack of detail in a level like the Invisible Cap level. These days there would be no such level. It would have all sorts of extra graphics in it. I would have to say it's the same principle as DOOM; the lack of frivolous detail allows your mind to freely imagine and immerse itself in the game.

I can't quite understand why you never noticed when it first came out. Not only was it very noticeable in general, but it's not even like it was a standard back then, as many a game, including a lot of shooters such as quake and doom, had better framerates.

What's important though is that despite its frame rate, it still became one of your favourite games of all time. That's not going to happen if the frame rate is truly game-changing.

Can a game be improved, technically? Of course it can, even games released yesterday can potentially be polished somehow; what matters to me though is if it's a necessity, because if it's not necessary, then its not really making it a better game, in the same way that a Blu-ray version of a film doesn't suddenly make it a better film.

• @Sheria Goldeneye with mouse and keyboard is still amazing. The performance and control method are really the only things that have aged.

• @El-Shmiablo said in Gaming Unpopular opinion thread:

@Sheria Goldeneye with mouse and keyboard is still amazing. The performance and control method are really the only things that have aged.

I'll agree that there's maybe some more responsive and more precise controls now available, but I'll always argue as to their necessity. Goldeneye was designed around the N64 controller and whatever limitations it may have had. I've personally played Perfect Dark on Xbox One. and it's very clear to me that the game wasn't designed with the level of control available here.

• Piracy is wrong and downloading illegal copy isn't any better than stealing a disk from the store.

• @linkenski They both said the writing and story about the movies and games are bad. Both of their argument boiled down to say if the writing of the games are all bad then the writing of the movies will be bad. No ifs, ands,or buts. While it is true the writing for the movies are all horrible, it's only because they're in the hands of somebody that we need does not care. What Korey, Bob and other critics seem to not know, nor care, or forget is that the first Resident Evil movie was going to be more like the first game. George A Romero even had the script mostly identical to the first game. The only thing he had change was making Chris Redfield part Native American. But for some reason the executives in the movie studios did not get the story or video games in general so they threw his script out. And Capcom was okay with this. So they have some blame in the matter too. The fact that they kept letting these movies run did not help.

• Blackcell/Diesel has been a highly important and entertaining part of the GT/EZA community, for close to a decade now actually.

• @Sheria said in Gaming Unpopular opinion thread:

Blackcell/Diesel has been a highly important and entertaining part of the GT/EZA community, for close to a decade now actually.

Thankyou my friend, but it seem like most of time you agree with my views even since GT days. right sher?

theres very few people think the witcher 3 suck. as majority believe its masterpiece lol. you also didnot liked TW3.

• Final Fantasy can only be done right if Sakagouchi is working on it
    Demon's souls is the best souls game
    Last of us is a 7/10 game only the story sets it apart as its a average 3rd person shooter with horror elements
    Star fox zero is a good game
    open world games are overrated
    final fantasy 8 has the best music in the series
    Falcom is the best japanese developer right now

• Here is more that came to my mind:

The XONE has no worthwhile exclusives aside from Cuphead and Killer Instinct. And speaking of a Microsoft console, the original XBOX library of games have aged worse. Too man shooters were on the system leaving other better, lesser known titles in the dark. Which makes you wonder why some these companies, mainly the Japanese ones, didn't go over to Sony (PS2), as their games might have done better and gotten more exposure. History repeated itself with the 360. The PS3 was guilty of this too; early on.

Naughty Dog either needs to do another Jak and Daxter, or something new all together. While do wish them the best of luck with Last of Us II, there is no need for a sequel. The original ended perfectly.

Because of whiny fanboys and "professional" critics, the lore of Street Fighter III will never go beyond it. For those that don't know, IV & V are prequels to III, but obviously take place after I, Alpha, and II. When VI does come out, hopefully Capcom can stop going back in time with the story, and move forward as there really is not much ground that can be covered at this point.

Game Grumps was never that good, and caused Egoraptor to get lazy as a content creator. And he ended shedding some things that made me lose respect for him, and revealed that he does not know what he's talking about most of the time. Also, some of his playthroughs are just as bad as Darkside Phil's. He blames stuff on the game when it's his own fault for not paying attention or ignoring obvious instruction. I've seen people try to defend this, but if it were Phil or almost any other person on YT, those same people would mock or attack them in an instant.

Assasin's Creed peaked at II and Brotherhood. Everything afterward is the same old shit.

Prince of Persia (2008) being a reboot wasn't the problem. Everything the player did was made pointless by the shitty ending, which you had to pay as DLC. Oh, and it was too easy. Thanks again, Ubisoft.

Mafia II was boring. Mafia 3, while better, is only so by comparison. At the end of the day, it's just another run-of-the-mill open world game with shallow stealth elements. The saving grace is the story, and the fact you're just not playing another generic Italian mobster.

GTA Online is the worst thing to happen to GTAV. And I've grown bored of the series after IV.

• -Doom is hot garbage and a disgrace to the original Doom (it's fine for casuals I guess since they have been playing shit for years)
    -PS4 is the worst system to date, regardless of it selling well
    -every Sony exclusive made by the west for the past couple of years has been hot garbage and the cancer killing video games
    -lootboxes and season passes are still unacceptable, but people still eat that shit up
    -Overwatch is a fun casual game but it sucks ass too, makes me laugh my ass off that there's a (((competitive))) scene for it
    -Kojima ruined MGSV not Konami. They gave him more years and money than most Japanese devs and he still managed to fuck it up.
    -Kojima and Del Toro would've ruined Silent Hills and Death Stranding won't be good
    -The Last of Us, while an ok game, killed gaming forever by popularizing Hollywood style games and turning everything into a slow paced 3rd person game (see GoW as a perfect example)
    -Steam is the worst thing to happen to PC gaming

• I have a gaming opinion that's so controversial that it will probably tear the Easy Allies community apart, but here goes. Mushihimesama Futari is a far superior shmup to Dodonpachi Saidaioujou in every way. I know if a mod sees this comment I'll be banned for life but thats just how I feel.

• Another one.

Doom 2016 have Good story for a game that is not story focus. probably better story that wolfenstein new order/colossus which is heavily focus on story.

• @FutureCorpse
    You dirty slut, get your filthy self off the internet, lest you want to be tarred feathered, and impaled.

• @DMCMaster Such a brutal attack, but it's to be expected.

• Global Moderator

@CoCage said in Gaming Unpopular opinion thread:

Assasin's Creed peaked at II and Brotherhood. Everything afterward is the same old shit.

This, this so hard! I loved 2 beyond words, same with brotherhood. After that it just crashed and burned

• @Black-Cell said in Gaming Unpopular opinion thread:

• Max payne 3 is best rockstar game of all time despite its weak max payne game
    • Mafia 1 is best third person game in general ever made

Facts

• Xbox One should have stick with its original digital, and always online plans. 1st who the hell plays offline anymore? 2nd this would have made it different than the ps4 and maybe serve as another option. 3rd We are all going digital sooner or later, this actually game you some freedom with your digital content, in that you could actually lend your digital copies to friends.

• The Batman Arkham games are overrated

• @edsortiz said in Gaming Unpopular opinion thread:

• Xbox One should have stick with its original digital, and always online plans. 1st who the hell plays offline anymore? 2nd this would have made it different than the ps4 and maybe serve as another option. 3rd We are all going digital sooner or later, this actually game you some freedom with your digital content, in that you could actually lend your digital copies to friends.

• The Batman Arkham games are overrated

Imma stop you right there. I'm not sure about you or your circle of friends, but I have met plenty of people who prefer playing offline or don't do multiplayer only games. Some of us prefer single-player. And you have to remember at the end of the day not everybody has perfect internet. You got people who live out in the rural areas, you have guys in a military that are all somewhere outside of the US or whatever Home Country they're from, and they don't have the best internet connection, and at the end of the day your internet is always not going to work. Or God forbid you forgot to pay the bill or can't afford it. That is why the Xbox One failed pushing for something most did not want, and why and All Digital console should not be pushed so soon. Plus there are people who like having physical copies of games. Because what happens when a game is no longer available and there was never a physical media for it. If the game gets delisted, there's no way to play other than hopefully find somebody with a console that still kept the game. That is the main flaw of digital only games. Yeah, some of them might get lucky enough that they get so popular; they get a physical version later, but that's not how it works for most digital games.

Also, why the hell should anyone sign on to a server for a single player game? The Hitman reboot was proof of why you shouldn't do shit like that. What proves this further is that you got plenty of single player games from the Japanese Market or smaller indie titles (that got a physical release or digital) where you don't have to sign on or be on PS plus to play the game. That further destroys Microsoft's argument. Now granted Sony, was originally going to do the same thing, but they backed out at the last minute because Microsoft happen to go on first on E3 of 2013. So the scenario could have gone either way.

• @edsortiz I don't live in a huge city in a major state, and I don't have the best wi-fi. It doesn't kick-off constantly but it does happen sometimes. I can only imagine it'd be worse for someone in a smaller city around here. When it does I usually play games or something instead of browsing the internet so yeah, I can safely say an always-online system is anathema to me. And I can't speak for the rest of the world but I'm adverse to a digital-only future. I already can't buy games like Transformers Devastation on PSN since they've been de-listed, so it having a physical release is nothing but a good thing. I don't wanna live in a world where three years from now my entire library could go the way of PT.

• @edsortiz I too play offline.