Final Fantasy VII Remake Eye Candy (Art Panels) Update

• @CGamor7 This is, and has been since its reveal, my #1 most coveted physical/digital item on the planet Earth. Yes, I know I have a problem X-D

You know, for all the flack pre-rendered backgrounds have gotten, they weren't the problem. It was the sentient blocks that populated the world was what stood out. So yeah, the backgrounds were absolutely gorgeous, but in the 3D space, I'm not sure it'll work.

For everyone else:

No, Aerith needs to stay dead. I understand there's going to be changes, and that's fine, but hopefully nothing affecting the core pillars of the story (Cloud's memories, Aerith's death, Jenova, Sephiroth, etc.). My absolute biggest hope is bring in some story ties from Crisis Core. There's some stuff in that game that really fleshes out Gaia.

For as much of a talking point about the Wall Market sequence (Yes, that includes the Honey Bee Inn) initially it'll cause a stir, but I don't think it'll be as big of a deal as some think. It'll be there, it'll retain some of what made it originally stand out, but personally, I see it as a "much ado about nothing" kind of thing.

I SO want them to keep the cursing. But they won't because I think Square has said something some time ago about trying to never make an M-rated Final Fantasy game. I mean that certainly was the case with the original VII by having very little blood, censorship, and the times referenced tobacco and alcohol were few and far between. But cursing aside, let's not forget: Barrett and Cid are not great people. Especially Cid. Remember how you're introduced to him. The way he treats Shera will NOT be in this Remake, of that I'm 10000% sure.

• @FF7Cloud @SabotageTheTruth @Brannox you know, I never even thought about the swearing. I have no clue on how they plan on incorporating that with VA. I think part of the charm and humour in the original is that you get to read it. I think the game will have a more serious tone, unless the VA's can really capture the emotion and or humour.

They'll probably rework cids scene but there's no reason why the emotion and brutality of that relationship shouldn't be shown. But they will have to write it a lot better.

• to further add to what I said earlier, if we can revive Aretith they need to make it as difficult as the rumors of yore made it sound, collect every weapon, defeat Ruby without losing a party member dying, do every side quest, max out every Materia, get everyone to lvl 99 (or higher), ect. Then and only then will a new skill eventually open up for the White Materia, and upon unlocking it can you go back to the forests and bring her back after some super hard optional boss, I maybe Clouds PS1 model, like he will. Stand around and wait his turn as if he was still in a turn based game, but when he attacks, it's damn near a OHKO, or some other FF charcter acting as said boss. And your reward is not only a new ending, but also Unlimited limit breaks for everyone.

• @Brannox Yea I'm avoiding the agony part by not thinking much of this game. I've been through the pain of waiting for games to come out time and time again like any other gamer. Particularity last gen. And I rather not go through that annoyance again. So I just move on with my life and enjoy the moments I have with current games. Along with the friends I've made along the way.

• @-Jak- Completely agree. And to your point about waiting, I have 12 games I'm looking forward to and only half have a vague "2018" release window, and of THOSE, I only see four coming out this year. All six might, but I doubt it. And many of those games I've waited a very long time for.

• @-Jak- @Brannox what, a 2018 fall release is out of the question?

• @CGamor7 Until I see the thing, in my hands, with an actual disc that loads the game, THE GAME NOT a demo, THEN and ONLY then will I believe it. Until then, for me, yes. Absolutely. Kingdom Hearts III is coming first and I don't think THAT makes this year. But I really, REALLY HOPE so.

• @Brannox You will get your demo and you will play it for a year before the game comes out and you will like it! lol. Im hoping for a demo, which probably wont happen, but if it does i like to think it will be this year at least. I often, like mentioned just forget about the game until i get reminded by some teaser.

• @CGamor7 I. Wish.

• @Brannox said:

@CGamor7 Until I see the thing, in my hands, with an actual disc that loads the game, THE GAME NOT a demo, THEN and ONLY then will I believe it. Until then, for me, yes. Absolutely. Kingdom Hearts III is coming first and I don't think THAT makes this year. But I really, REALLY HOPE so.

Pretty much.

I haven't been following development for FF7. But until no more than a week before release. I'm not buying into set dates. Even FF15 got delayed by like 2 or so weeks. On top of its development hell that lasted for a decade.

• @-Jak- And that two week push came after a two MONTH delay AFTER a big blowout event where they made the release date a big deal with a roulette kind of thing and a lot of confetti.

• alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

Better pics.

• @CGamor7 These. Are. AWESOME.

I can't tell what that last one is. Highway between Sectors Five and Six?

I wanna play this SOOOOO BAAAAAAD.

Also, I LOVE the "No camera" icon in the Aeirth's house shot. Hmmmm. I wonder why... X-) Kudos to the person who broke that rule.

• @Brannox alt text

Someone mentioned that's Zac in the image. Crazy the amount of detail I missed from the first images.

Based on the art I really wonder how it's going to look in game. The detail, the moving from one area to another.

Did anyone else get stuck in this area because of the perspective Lol?

• @CGamor7 I did when I first played it.

Zack's there? That shot is so busy it's hard to differentiate what it is, thus why I asked. But yeah, I thought that was what it was.

• @Brannox in the concept image bottom left. Or it's just cloud and the lighting makes his hair look dark. I imagine he will be in the game a bit more, who knows....

• @CGamor7 I would say Cloud because of hairstyle, plus your hypothesis of lighting.

• I did not want to make a new thread so for now some updated info, no new screenshots though, but it's based around the same event.

"According to some of the fans in attendance, there’s been a change in Cloud’s design. According to development leader Naoki Hamaguchi, this new design was said to have finally got the go-ahead from director Tetsuya Nomura. While it’s been a struggle for the team, the hard work appears to have paid off as Tetsuya Nomura went as far as acknowledging it as “the closest one to the original [Cloud design] up until now.]"

"A fan attendance described Cloud’s new design as a more natural look. Nomura and Hamaguchi mentioned that “while Cloud may look this way, he was a dork. I believe those of you who played the the original would understand what I mean by saying he’s a dorky character.” That said, we’ll see more of the youthful side of Cloud rather than the always-serious one we’ve seen more outside of the original game."

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2018/02/07/final-fantasy-vii-remake-changed-clouds-design-nomura-says-closest-original/#BaZKbFrRpm5oRMGa.99

• @CGamor7 they going with their original design for him that was used to make Angeal?

• @FF7Cloud I'm not sure what you mean and im not familiar with Angeals design origin. But clouds design is suppose to be closer to the original FF7 game than the compilation. Less emo and serious and more corny... Maybe?