Name the books your reading and your #1 recommended book ever all time

• @David-Berishaj Its certainly not for everyone. I'd still recommend the books though.. they're pretty different from the movies. I know people who love the books and hate the movies, and vice versa

• Right now I'm reading "Doing Bayesian Data Analysis" by John Kruschke, "Modelling and Quantitative Methods in Fisheries" by Malcolm Haddon, a few books on R, and a crapton of primary literature :-/

In all seriousness, I'm typically an avid reader, and just haven't been recently because I need to learn modelling and stuff. My suggestions always vary from person to person, but to kids/young adults I often suggest the His Dark Materials trilogy by Philip Pullman and The Bartimaeus Trilogy by Jonathan Stroud. I think they're both excellent examples of more modern fantasy, and are good gateway books for that genre.

For the older crowd, I've recently been telling everyone to read Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace, since I don't think there's ever been a book that's stuck with me more. Seriously, I hated it when it finished (for reasons I won't spoil), but then I kept thinking about it and ultimately started it again from page 1. Now I think it's a masterpiece. Definitely a dense book, though, so not great for people who want a breezier read.

If you want something a bit more readable, The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay by Michael Chabon is a masterpiece. It follows a Jewish immigrant/refugee and his cousin in the years leading up to (and following) World War 2, and their foray into the world of comics/graphic novels. It's fairly epic in scale, but it's so well paced you could probably finish it within a couple weeks (if that).

Finally, I've been screaming my love of Lincoln in the Bardo by George Saunders since it's release last year. It's bar none one of the best books I've ever read, partially because it's so singular. I love when something can only exist in a given medium (e.g. Terrence Malick movies can only be movies, Journey can only be a game), and it's rare to come across a book that so perfectly encapsulates this. Seriously, read it.

• Banned

@naltmank data analysis, modelling, quantative methods? hand me a shotgun please

i heard Infinite Jest is good but dark. i only like books that induce positive emotions.

• I'm currently reading the English Edition of Record of Lodoss War: The Grey Witch on the novel side of things, and on the graphic novel things I'm reading Dark Empire II for my webshow. I'll probably be reading The Crystal Star next.

• Banned

You guys i finished reading the four pack revolution. i'll upload a video review after i get a haircut

• @david-berishaj said in Name the books your reading and your #1 recommended book ever all time:

You guys i finished reading the four pack revolution. i'll upload a video review after i get a haircut

I no idea that Chael had a another book besides his first one. I got the first one as somewhat of a troll gift, (I'm an Anderson Silva fan) but I enjoyed it thoroughly. It's pretty insightful.

Currently I'm reading The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne. I would recommend East of Eden by John Steinbeck to just about anyone. It's a bit long, but I think East of Eden captures the American spirit pretty well.

• Homo Deus: A Brief History of Tomorrow
    by Yuval Noah Harari
    is what I am reading currently. It is almost a collection of essays on human existence, contemporary developments and issues and what our future holds.

All-time? Hard to say: probably somewhere between Tolkien, King's Dark Tower and couple of Haruki Murakami books.

• Just finished the Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest and am going to read Hamlet in book format next.
    All time favourite is The Book Thief for the writing, the story and the secret in the first chapter

• Reading the wheel of time right now

i reccomend harry potter and dark tower

• @ff7cloud would you look at that, I'm reading The Wheel of Time as well, at a fairly slow pace sadly, what book are you on?

• @bard91 still the first im reading it a fairly slow pace too about 200 pages in

• Banned