Which Wii/WiiU Games Should Make the Switch?

• Nintendo was my first true gaming love, because the original DS and Wii were the first gaming consoles I ever really got into and I was pretty much glued to them growing up. So when the WiiU came out it was the first console I actually followed before its release and was super hyped about it. I understand that the WiiU had a lot of issues, and that waggle controls aren't everyone's cup of tea, but I'm very fond of both consoles and the games that are on them. In fact the Wii and WiiU are the home consoles that I'm most fond of, and crazy as it may sound, I actually love playing with the wiimote/nunchuck and gamepad.

Long story short. A lot of Wii and WiiU games are among my favorites ever made, and I would really like to see them get a second chance on the Switch. There are a ton of phenomenal WiiU games that people skipped because they were on WiiU and Wii games that younger or newer gamers never got to play. Not to mention, there are a lot of gamers out there who's first Nintendo console is the Switch. Some games that require the use of the stylus obviously wouldn't work well on the switch. But I think others that are Wiimote and Nunchuck, Gamepad, or simple touchscreen based would translate well.

Here's the Games I would Most like to Have on Switch:

Wii:

-Super Mario Galaxy (1/2)
    -Super Paper Mario
    -Skyward Sword (with optional normal controls)
    -Mario Kart Wii
    -Wii Sports Resort (it's crazy how fun this game is, I like it way better than the original Sports)
    -Mario Party 8 (the last great Mario Party game)
    -Donkey Kong Country Returns
    -Animal Crossing: City Folk
    -Kirby's Epic Yarn

WiiU:

-Nintendo Land (god this game is so good. It's stupid how good this game is.)
    -Super Mario 3D World
    -Wind Waker HD
    -Twilight Princess HD
    -Yoshi's Woolly World
    -Tokyo Mirage Sessions (never played this one, I'd like to give it a shot.)
    -Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (there's never been a game more perfect for the Switch)
    -Super Smash Bros. 4
    -Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
    -Pikmin 3 (I don't care what anyone says, this is the most beautiful photo-realistic game ever made)
    -Picross 3D (yes it's technically a 3DS game, but it was on WiiU and it's the perfect commute game)
    -Earthbound and Mother 3 (yes, not technically WiiU games, but they were released on that console and being able to take those games on the go is a dream.)

So, those are my picks! What games do you think would do well on Switch? Do you think older games have a place on Switch? Should these games be boxed releases, standalone digital releases, or a part of Virtual Console?

• Wii

Xenoblade
    The Last Story
    Pandora's Tower
    No More Heroes 1-2
    Madworld

All these could do with updated visuals & controls to fit the Switch.

• @FutureCorpse

pandor's tower is so good

• Xenoblade X but only if they don't censor it again, redo the translation and offer optional japanese voices, as download again for all I care. And include all DLCs of course.

Same for Tokyo Mirage Sessions minus japanese voices (and DLCs?).

Starfox Zero but only if they ditch all motion controls and give the game proper gamepad controls.

Same for Fatal Frame 4, which of course I want to get localized then.

No More Heroes 1&2 in celebration of NMH3, don't even care if PAL regions get a censored NMH1 again, then i will just import a US version, I see no real reason why we should though seeing the PS3 version and NMH2 were all uncensored here and Nintendo allows games like Doom and Wolfenstein nowadays. If motion controls please only optional.

I won't ask for it and rather have something new, but I would buy a The Wonderful 101 port just like I will buy Bayo 1&2 yet again. And why not put Madword in this as well.

• @FF7Cloud Really underrated . There's not many games like it, also the Wii controls actually work really well.

• @FutureCorpse best 3d castlevania game :P

• @FutureCorpse You took the words right out of my mouth with the last 3 games.

I would like to add Wonderful 101

Nintendo already granted my wish with Bayonetta 1 & 2, DK: Tropical Freeze, and Hyrule Warriors.

• @Musou-Tensei I wouldn't ask for it either but yeah I'd absolutely rebuy W101 if it got a Switch port.

• Honestly all WiiU exclusives should be ported. The console was criminally under supported and abandoned the second people showed interest in the Switch, but it had some great games.

• @El-Shmiablo
    I agree, there are plenty of games on both Wii and Wii U that could use another chance at life.

• Skyward Sword.
    All the remasters of Zelda have been pretty good about getting rid of the most frustrating aspects of the games. I'd like Skyward Sword to get the same treatment because there's a lot to improve here.

• @DeweyDTruman same, i loved it. Even more than bayonetta 2

• @FF7Cloud i need to give that a try again, i liked what I played

• nothing. i want new games.

people should have bought a Wii U in the first place if they wanted to play Wii U games. and preowned Wii U's are pretty cheap.

• Xenoblade and Fire Emblem.

I own them both, but I'm not setting up my Wii to play either of them, I'd literally pay to not have to.

• @Yoshi said in Which Wii/WiiU Games Should Make the Switch?:

nothing. i want new games.

people should have bought a Wii U in the first place if they wanted to play Wii U games. and preowned Wii U's are pretty cheap.

I have to agree.

• @Yoshi but having old games come out wouldn't eliminate new games from being made.

• @Bigdude1 maybe not.

but it does piss me off to find out i spent money on a game, only to have a far superior version of it come out only several years later.

• @Yoshi for mk8 maybe. considering its basically what it should have been in the first place. but for bayonetta its gonna be essentially the same game. i doubt most people would use the local coop fights in bayo 2. the real appeal to the port is having it on the go and perhaps with a better framerate.

• @Bigdude1 not necessarily. they could pull a Pokken Tournament and add DLC to the Switch version that the Wii U never got.