Official Bosman V Wozniak "Goldblum Run Withdrawal" Support Group

• I've seen just about every episode of Bosman V Wozniak, and I have never seen Kyle go into Goldblum when it's appropriate, i.e. after level 14 or so when the pieces are falling too fast for Bosman method. For those who don't know, Goldbum method in Tetris is when you build the "well" in the middle, so you don't need to mash those line pieces to the side of the screen to get those sweet Tets.

Every time Kyle uses the Goldblum method, one of two things happen: 1) he uses it at the beginning of the run, gets sick of it, and dips back into Bosman method and messes up, or 2) he accidentally forces himself into Goldblum, does really well and gets the lines to the bottom of the screen, but then goes back into Bosman method and messes up. He never listens to chat, always comments on how evil Goldlum is or how uncomfortable it makes him, never does Goldblum at the higher levels when it's appropriate, and refuses to change his ways. I feel like I am going insane, and I think I need help. Please, Allies, is there anyone out there, anyone at all, who feels the same way?

:D

• Global Moderator

BOSSSMMMMMNAAAANNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!! @Bosman

Not directly related, but I need to praise your avatar for being surprisingly relevant to the emotional content of the thread

• @Ochi thanks! Was not intentional

• @Bosman Please read this.
    And pleeease use another emulator, VBA is very outdated and inaccurate (even for GB games). Try BGB or Gambatte (refer to this).

• I'd personally like to see him to use a Super Game Boy. But that would probably require special capture equipment and redoing the stream graphics, and Bosman doesn't strike me as someone who'll go out of his way for better quality. I mean, he uses pretty much the same playstyle every week, and it's obvious that he isn't going to get much higher than 400,000 with it...

• Easy Ally

You armchair Wozniaks can go ahead and get your own high scores with the ridiculous Goldblum method. I remain resolute in my belief in the Bosman System because these eyes have seen it reach greater heights than you seem to think I am capable of.
    The idea of a Super Game Boy had never occurred to me though. It actually wouldn't be that hard to set up considering the stuff I just got to stream Bruce Lee

• Kyle has come a long way. Or has he?

Youtube Video

• @Bosman With RGB cables and a converter like an XRGB it would look about as good as the emulator, that's what I do for my older systems. Composite would look a little rough.

There's also the Game Boy Player for the Gamecube but you won't get the options for colors that the Super Game Boy has.

• Global Moderator

It's not even that I want Kyle to go full on goldblum method. I just think it's worth practising more and using it a bit more when those pieces come in so fast.

I look forward to being ignored more in future chats :D

• @dafoomie said in Official Bosman V Wozniak "Goldblum Run Withdrawal" Support Group:

There's also the Game Boy Player for the Gamecube but you won't get the options for colors that the Super Game Boy has.

Plus, he'd need an adapter to use a SNES controller.

• Easy Ally

I actually realized that I streaming from a Super Game Boy would hurt the stream. It would be much harder to read chat, which I currently keep right next to the game's window, and updating the high score/switching music/checking on bets would all become a nuisance. I'll check out those other emulators though, @Dario

@parasitepaladin I watched that video recently, and yeah, there are a lot of weird dumb moves I make the whole time. I'd like think we're getting better. Also it's funny Jones says "You should stream Tetris" and I say "will people watch?"

• I can second that Gambatte is a pretty good Gameboy emulator. Also has Super Gameboy palettes if you're into that kinda thing.

• @Bosman said in Official Bosman V Wozniak "Goldblum Run Withdrawal" Support Group:

I actually realized that I streaming from a Super Game Boy would hurt the stream. It would be much harder to read chat, which I currently keep right next to the game's window, and updating the high score/switching music/checking on bets would all become a nuisance.

That's what I suspected, and why I didn't bother suggesting it sooner.

You could set up a second TV, but that opens up a whole new can of worms...

• @Bosman I love you kyle. All in good fun. I see you getting better every week and I swell with pride. In fact its only because you're so good at it that I know you should be able to handle the Goldbum method when the run calls for it. I am envious of your skills and I bow down to your superiority.

• Use the force, Kyle...and by force i mean the Goldblum.

• It totally seems like the new emulator (Gambatte) is putting out more boxes. If it isn't just a placebo effect, is the new RNG hardware accurate? Hopefully, @Bosman can test against hardware to make sure...

• FWIW, BGB has been in development longer, and has been updated more recently than Gambatte. Its description puts an emphasis on timing. If for nothing else, it should be worth trying out for:

"Screensaver now doesn't start if you play with gamepad."

^_^

• it's either goldblum or kyle getting good at mashing. git gud.

also Kyle check the emulator video settings, maybe you can do something about the blur with the filters

• Easy Ally

@thisisdaleb crunched the numbers from this week's stream and found that while I got very unlucky a few times, by the end of the night the regular distribution of pieces had evened out.

However, I just downloaded BGB, and not only does it look super sharp, I just got a very good score on my third run. BGB is definitely the official new emulator of Bosman v Wozniak. Thanks @Oscillator

• Good to hear, Bosley