What are your top 10 Game of Decade (starting from 2010 to onwards)

• Hello, So my dear friends, we are in late of this decade. in 2018. so i decide to make a topic based on what games we think are best games released this decade? starting from 2010 end in 2019.

so lets start

heres mine

10. Titanfall 2

alt text

Titanfall 2 is a great game. may not masterpiece because not every game need to be but a fun and great game to play as far as Single player concern. its campaign is short and sweet, unlike other heavily scripted linear corridor shooter. TF2 is bit different, its level design is pretty good, its pacing is good, and each and different level look way different that other. for a game that is market for its MP. i have to say its SP is pretty good and that is what praised, its MP is not.

9. Alan wake

alt text

Definitely the best third person horror thriller game i have ever played. it was fantastic game with great story, characters, atmosphere. its definitely better than dead space and resident evil. the light and darkness mechanic was truely unique. it was also best xbox exclusive ever until it released on PC.

8. Resident Evil 7

alt text

As someone who hated the series. i fall in love with this game. its absolutely great, and easily best in series in every single way possible. it even tell a great story when RE games criticize for bad story, the atmosphere is best in series, its just so creepy. going to first person is the best decision from capcom. i never thought i would love a resident evil game. but this game is just so great.

7. Prey

alt text

This game is the System shock 2 successor we have been waiting for a long long time. it did what bioshock failed to do. that is how to be a true successful system shock 2 successor. this game has Excellent level design, good story, exploration, RPG elements. its just combat is bit meh and enemy design is stupid that stop make it from masterpiece otherwise it could have been even better. but all in all its definitely one of the most important game of this generation and must play game for FPS fan.

6. Max Payne 3

alt text

Its not a true max payne game. and i did criticize it for not bieng one. when i first played it i hated it, then i played it again, i hated it, then i give it a go and i end up loving it. i like for what it is. this is easily rockstar best game ever ever ever made. the gameplay mechanics are best i have ever seen in TPS game. the story is bad for max payne but good for game on its own. its not even worst max payne game. that title belong to second game. but its still excellent game. Max is such a badass in this game.

5. Metro Redux

alt text

This is easily best gaming deal ever since The orange box. feature better version of 2 already amazing games and fix all the problem of 2033. Metro is one of the most unique FPS franchise. there is no other franchise like this. sure its kinda linear Stalker but it did many things better than stalker, like its graphics, atmosphere, story telling. the unique gasmask system that cover radiation. imo alone for atmosphere the series is worth it. and next game is just my most hype game of this year. when Metro series and 4A games are around. i think i dont need to miss Half life anymore. and i hope Metro exodus can capture spirit of Stalker.

4. Hitman

alt text

In a era when Stealth games become action games (splinter cell, thief4, dishonored etc). this game just teach how to do a proper stealth. Hitman is best stealth franchise that is avaliable today. especially after the abomination that absolution was. this game really bring franchise back to its roots. with huge sandbox level design and multiple way to kill target. Agent 47 is most iconic and coolest gaming character ever created.

3. Deus Ex Human Revolution

alt text

Follow up to Greatest game of all time. Deus Ex HR is one of the best game of this decade and last gen and probably the biggest comeback of old classic. released in era when all old classic tend to fail but this game didnot. it start new journey of franchise after disappointing IW was. shame mankind divided once again turn out disappointing sequel. i didnot like cover and takedown introduce in HR but the game was so ambitious that so well design that it doesnot ruined the experience.

2. Doom

alt text

Easily best game of this generation so far. from start to finish. its blast and there is no game give me more fun than this game right here. only thing i can say bad about it that it has no quick save system. otherwise game is masterpiece. and must play game for FPS fan. its badass old school fast paced arena shooter. many people wonder why this game is not in number 1 since this is the game i praised so much. but my number will not surprise you either.

1. S.T.A.L.K.E.R Call of Pripyat

alt text

And heres my number 1 game of this decade. yes there is Stalker game released this decade and thats Call of pripyat. its amazing sequel to one of the greatest game of all time that was Stalker SOC. its most polished game in series. Stalker games are most immersive, atmospheric games in the most unique world ever created in gaming history. theres the reason why i never bored of playing it over and over again. i still went to SOC and COP time to time again. this game is more open than previous games, while previous games rely on combat, this game rely more on exploration and theres very little combat. all in all Stalker COP start this decade as great. its a masterpiece like SOC was.

and here was my list. so my friends what are the best 10 games you played since 2010? throughout this decade?

• Global Moderator

Thats a hard one to make, there has been so many good games since 2010! do you rank for what make you feel the most? best gameplay? the hours spent in it? I will have to think this through and come back with my list! :D

• Great list.

Mod note that last bit was unnecessary and bit dark. Deleted

• Glad to see some Prey and Max Payne 3 love!
    Here's my list so far, probably will see some changes soon. Maybe i explain each pick later, when the time is right (or in other words, when i'm in the mood).

1. Mass Effect 2
    1. Fallout 4
    1. Witcher III
    1. Gravity Rush 2
    1. Max Payne 3
    1. The Last of Us
    1. Red Dead Redemption
    1. Persona 5
    1. Uncharted 4 A Thief's End

Edit: Number 7 is now ME2, removed Skyrim. Added Persona 5

• I won't go into detail right now but I think it would be something like this.

1- Persona 5
    2- Persona 4 Golden
    3- Nier
    4- Papers Please
    5- Victoria 2
    6- Civilization V
    7- Undertale
    8- Trails of Cold Steel
    9- Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
    10- Nier Automata

Also not to nitpick but isn't Call of Pripyat 2009?

• @bard91 said in What are your top 10 Game of Decade (starting from 2010 to onwards):

I won't go into detail right now but I think it would be something like this.

Also not to nitpick but isn't Call of Pripyat 2009?

it released in 2009 in russia only.

• i'm going to have to ask: which person decided to edit my reply without permission

• Global Moderator

@david-berishaj I edited it (only moderators can change it). As I stated in the post, the end bit of the comment was unnecessary.

• @Lotias it was necessary. the point i made was that instead of racing, puzzle, platforming, fighting, or any other genre, @Black-Cell enjoys games with guns and ending life, sometimes replacing humans for monsters. Are most developers not creative enough to design a game without these elements? What does it mean that murder simulators like Call of Duty and Grand Theft Auto are so popular today? Is the industry geared towards re-destruction as opposed to recreation?

You've halted discourse and made my first comment fruitless.

Please restore the original text and remove censorship from the way you serve the community in the capacity of a moderator

L&R Lotias

• @david-berishaj my friend, for some reason i hate GTA series and COD.

I like good games with good quality.

most of these games are might be shooters but incredibly varied and different from each other.

• Red Dead Redemption
    Mass Effect 2
    Yakuza 0
    Portal 2
    The Witcher III
    Sleeping Dogs
    Persona 5
    Persona 4 Golden
    The Last of Us
    Divinity: Original Sin II

I feel like I've got a pretty good mix of the three important video game genres in here: Shooty, Stabby, and Punchy.

1. Dark Souls
    2. AM2R - 'Another Metroid 2 Remake'
    3. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
    4. Legend of Grimrock
    5. Shadow Warrior (2013)
    6. Shadowgate (2014)
    7. Kid Icarus: Uprising
    8. Shovel Knight
    9. Shadowrun: Dragonfall
    10. MegaMan Unlimited

(Straight remakes/remasters excluded.)

I'm going to disclaim that I have a lot of post 2010 games that I need to get around to. I'm eyeing a dozen games that I'm eager to play and which I predict could take over these slots (like, I'm sure if I was totally caught up with Zelda, Souls, Etrian Odyssey and Touhou they'd all make it), but at the moment these are my top 10.

• I'll answer in two years.

• This is a great idea @Black-Cell and you have a great list!

For me, I would probably give Honorable Mentions to two games: Ori and the Blind Forest and Wolfenstein: The Old Blood. Ori is the absolute most beautiful game (artistically speaking) I've ever played and while the Old Blood is an expansion, it was shorter, more focused, and had slightly more enjoyable stealth sections with a more grounded arsenal than New Order.

My top 10 from the last eight years, one month and 13 days are:

10.) Dishonored 2: Dishonored is an underrated franchise in the grand scope of gaming and the sequel is the best of the three in the series. The ability to play between one of two characters, each having unique abilities, provides slight twists in perspective of the story. The level design is some of the best I've played and many of the missions provide fun challenges, not only in the main objective, but side missions as well. Also, there are unique aspects to levels like the Clockwork Mansion, and the Timepiece. On top of all of this, there's still the Chaos system, allowing you to be as merciful or as bloody as you see fit. No other game on my list really embraces the "play your way" style Dishonored 2 does.

9.) Batman: Arkham Knight: Say what you will about the tank, the fact the true ending is locked behind needing to do everything pertaining to the Riddler, and

the Knight being Jason Todd,

but it is the best looking, largest, and most diverse (in terms of missions and cast) Batman game ever. It took some getting used to, but eventually there was nothing I loved doing more than flying around Gotham in the Batmobile, climbing to the highest tower and gliding around, and hanging out at the Police Station. Sometimes, I just want to take it all in and not worry about the narrative. And this game does the best at that.

8.) Batman: Arkham City But when I DO want to focus on the narrative, Arkham City does it better. The most engaging of the premises, memorable moments and fights (Looking at you Mr. Freeze and Joker), Arkham City was not too big, not too small, introduced me to an assortment of Batman lore, and most importantly for me, really cemented my fandom of Rocksteady's Batman games and Batman in general... (Ok, so Christopher Nolan's movies kind did a lot of that, but still, in the games space? No better Batman).

7.) Horizon: Zero Dawn: I've already recently touched on why this is my 2017 GOTY in the appropriate thread (which is now in the Hall of Fame!), but an even SHORTER description: I found everything to be really enjoyable: World, Characters, Combat, Story, Machines, Systems, etc. So instead of retreading all of that, on to #6.....

6.) Mass Effect 2 Believe it or not, I actually prefer Mass Effect to both 2 and 3, but this thread is about this decade.... Anyway, I loved the greater story arc and how 2 incorporated your ME 1 Shepard. Locations, while many of them were corridors, were still appealing to look at. Being as good or bad as you want, woo whomever you wished, and having an end sequence that STILL makes me nervous, not matter how much I know that I did and chose everything right, speaks to the incredible design of this game. My one criticism is the crew was WAY too big. ME2 would still be a great game if you cut HALF of the party members. There are teammates that, while cool, I never took into the field unless it was their loyalty mission.

5.) Portal 2 While the original Portal really en-kindled a love for puzzles in gaming for me, the sequel is better every conceivable way. An actual story, the wonderful performances of Stephen Merchant and J.K. Simmons, inventive puzzles involving not only portals but gels as well, plus a thought-provoking ending, I don't think I'll come across a better puzzle game for me (Yes I completed the Witness, and while I get its appeal, there are things about it that make me not so high on it.)

4.) DOOM (2016) To say a franchise is revived from development hell is the perfect way to describe what is the best FPS I've played this decade. Yes, the multiplayer isn't all that great, but Snapmap is underrated and the campaign knows what it is and is perhaps the most fun I've ever had in a shooter. I love the look, feel, and absolute unapologetic, in your face, "this is about one thing: Killing demons in the most brutal fashion possible" gameplay that only DOOM can provide. I'm really excited for what might come next as this proved DOOM can be awesome and on top of the genre when it once was the ruler of it.

3.) Ratchet & Clank (2016) I did state a little bit ago that Ori was the most beautiful artistic game I've played, but this is a really close second. Being a fan of the series for so long and being disappointed with four of the previous six games, this was a return to form the franchise desperately needed. Looking at this game is such a treat, with a funny story and bonkers weapons. My lone criticism is some locations from the original game didn't make it in, and I'm kind of bummed that all of them weren't re-imagined, but in context of the story, a couple places wouldn't make sense. Anyway, this and DOOM are probably the best games where I can unplug my brain and just lose myself in the act of gameplay.

2.) The Last of Us If you couldn't tell I love story, you should by now, as this game stays with me. It's pull-no-punches presentation, the themes touched on (both directly and implied), pacing, world-building, and characters, The Last of Us is perhaps (as of right now, but soon won't be) the best singular story I've encountered in gaming. But for overall narrative however...

1.) Uncharted 4: A Thief's End No game released since January 1, 2010 has provided me with more satisfaction. This is the most beautiful game from a "realistic" standpoint I've seen, couple with a great story, Uncharted was always a fun adventure. But A Thief's End is in a class all on its own, primarily off of the performances of the game's cast. The one criticism that applies both to The Last of Us and Uncharted is immersion-breaking A.I., but for me, it's not a big deal. So Ellie or Sam respectively is able to run behind a clicker/guy making noise, but doesn't get caught. All the better for me. Regardless, the sense of closure and fitting conclusion at the end of Uncharted 4 coupled with the entire preceding adventure of both the game and the series catapult it to my favorite game of the last eight plus years.

• It was too hard for me to number them, so I just a list of my ten favourites in any order. I started to do some write ups on each one, but just got tired -.-". I'll hopefully go back and edit some comments in later.

Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep

alt text

Ghost Trick

alt text

Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky FC & SC

alt text

Xenoblade Chronicles

alt text

Final Fantasy XIII-2

alt text

Deadly Premonition

alt text

Gone Home

alt text

Dreamfall Chapters

alt text

Fatal Frame 5: Maiden of Blackwater

alt text

Prey

alt text

• @sheria

it seem like you really really like Prey. you dont put FPS games in top list especially if it includes tons of JRPGs.

I just wish its combat and enemy design were much better.

Cant wait for System Shock Reboot and of course 3. if prey can be worthy successor. system shock reboot which will be more deeper will blow everything out of water.

• Oooh, this is tough.

(This is in order of Release, not in order of preference. I didn't include re-releases, otherwise Okami HD, Persona 2, Persona 3, Persona 4, the Ace Attorney Trilogy, the Katamari Games, and Psychonauts would be on this list.)

Super Mario Galaxy 2
    Nintendo Land
    Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
    Fire Emblem: Awakening
    Pikmin 3
    Pokemon X&Y
    Mario Kart 8
    Persona Q
    Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest
    Persona 5

• It should be noted that I haven't played that many new releases, especially in the last couple years. Been playing older stuff lately.

-Deadly Premonition
    -Harmony Summer Hardpack Tape 11-in-1
    -Portal 2
    -Super Hexagon
    -Max Payne 3
    -Papers Please
    -Jazzpunk
    -VVVVVV
    -Gunpoint
    -FTL

• In no order

Batman Arkham City
    Tomb Raider
    Rise of the Tomb Raider
    Sleeping Dogs
    RE 7
    Dead Space 2
    Forza Horizon
    The Walking Dead Season 1
    Dead Island
    DOOM

• Rawr! Timid top 10 threads... Everyone who doesn't rank their choices won't get a chocolate chip cookie (nor a +1). Gotta sweeten the pot. (^_<)〜☆

Also: Where's the Souls-bros at? I can't be the poster child for Souls advocacy when I'm so behind with the series.