What are your top 10 Game of Decade (starting from 2010 to onwards)

• Banned

@black-cell I mean, you are being incredibly hyperbolic.
    Metro is great and all, but they are very, very heavily scripted games. Instant kill traps, enemies that never break from their animation chains, terribly broken stealth mechanics. I guess I never thought the gas mask/radiation filter mechanic was all that special since you are constantly drowning in filters at any point in the game.

The story is alright, but the horrid facial animations and voice acting never really sold me on it like it did for you I guess. Wolf on the other hand has some of the most memorable characters and digital performances in the current generation of gaming, at least in my opinion. I don't understand what is so bad about the story, as it is very well told and quite relevant.

But I guess when you let 4chan tell you what your favorite games are these double standards don't really matter, hm?

• @el-shmiablo

apart from scriptness. they offer plenty of exploration. imo alone for atmosphere its worth it.

wolfenstein 2 might have good performance by actor. but this is game not movie. i dont want to see thier performance. i want to play a game and when its in game. it suck. the story is just terrible. even worse than new order.

i think even Doom have better story than wolfenstein games.

• Banned

@black-cell Ive said all I've said on the subject. You seem quite complicit in your ability to laud one game for reasons, and admonish another game for those exact same reason.

But yo on the topic of favorite games of the last decade, I can't believe I forgot DmC Devil May Cry. From a mechanical standpoint it is better than half the mainline series, and they actually did some interesting things with the story and characters, instead of just making another Hellsing Lite.

God of War 3 as well. The sense of scale and outright epicness in that game is still hard to match.

• Metro games are like Call of Duty with better graphics and in a Metro. It is painfully scripted and I usually cannot wait for the level to end so I can actually embrace the atmosphere in the littl towns. Enemy design is just annoying.

They are ok, about the definition of a solid 7. Wolfenstein is the only FPS I've liked in YEARS. Waaaay waaaay better than Metro imo.

• @dipset said in What are your top 10 Game of Decade (starting from 2010 to onwards):

Metro games are like Call of Duty with better graphics and in a Metro. It is painfully scripted and I usually cannot wait for the level to end so I can actually embrace the atmosphere in the littl towns. Enemy design is just annoying.

They are ok, about the definition of a solid 7. Wolfenstein is the only FPS I've liked in YEARS. Waaaay waaaay better than Metro imo.

unlike wolfenstein. Metro never claim to be old school FPS. its more of survival game like stalker but linear. however Metro exodus is more of sandbox survival making all reference to COD is gone.

Wolfenstein new order and new colossus for a games that claim old school. they are very very slow paced, rely more on cover with ironsight. look at how Doom played. id software has nail old school feeling of Doom that machinegames didnot.

even Bulletstorm was more old school than new wolfenstein games.

Metro is imo easily best franchise debut this decade. both Metro games are top notch atmospheric and story driven FPS games. and new one looks best in series. it can be best trilogy in gaming history.

• Top of my head:
    Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
    Bioshock Infinite
    Persona 5
    Bloodborne
    Fallout: New Vegas
    Grand Theft Auto V
    Mass Effect 2
    Batman Arkham City
    Horizon Zero Dawn
    Mario Odyssey

Honourable mentions:
    Dishonored
    Night in the Woods
    Portal 2
    Journey
    Last of Us
    Uncharted 3
    Super Meat Boy
    Spec Ops: The Line
    Gears of War 3
    Heavy Rain
    Breath of Wild
    ..and hundreds I forgot about!

• Banned

@black-cell I don't remember Machine Games or Bethesda ever selling Wolf with the expectation that it was trying to emulate the older games. Hell, they eschewed that type of gameplay all the way back in RtcW, or are you forgetting that that game opens with 4 minutes of cutscenes that lead into a stealth section?

To be honest, a lot of the things you are saying about New Order/Colossus lead me to believe you haven't actually played the games at all. They are quite action packed and very visceral. Sure, they don't pander to the same RIP AND TEAR mentality that Doom did, but I don't think Bethesda want to have too many of the exact same style of game. Wolf having a narrative focus fits with it's highly political nature.

I don't remember New Colossus being slow paced at all. I resolved almost every encounter in that game with akimbo shotguns. I only remember a handful of "slow" sections, and they are there to advance the story. To be honest, by comparison, I would say the Metro games are FAR slower.

I'm holding out on Metro Exodus, since all we've seen of it is highly scripted, pre-canned faux gameplay. The promises they are making sound nice, but in this day and age of downgrades, I'm not allowing the hype to get to me.

• @el-shmiablo said in What are your top 10 Game of Decade (starting from 2010 to onwards):

@black-cell I don't remember Machine Games or Bethesda ever selling Wolf with the expectation that it was trying to emulate the older games. Hell, they eschewed that type of gameplay all the way back in RtcW, or are you forgetting that that game opens with 4 minutes of cutscenes that lead into a stealth section?

To be honest, a lot of the things you are saying about New Order/Colossus lead me to believe you haven't actually played the games at all. They are quite action packed and very visceral. Sure, they don't pander to the same RIP AND TEAR mentality that Doom did, but I don't think Bethesda want to have too many of the exact same style of game. Wolf having a narrative focus fits with it's highly political nature.

I don't remember New Colossus being slow paced at all. I resolved almost every encounter in that game with akimbo shotguns. I only remember a handful of "slow" sections, and they are there to advance the story. To be honest, by comparison, I would say the Metro games are FAR slower.

I'm holding out on Metro Exodus, since all we've seen of it is highly scripted, pre-canned faux gameplay. The promises they are making sound nice, but in this day and age of downgrades, I'm not allowing the hype to get to me.

Because Metro need to be slower paced. its like saying why rainbow six is slower paced. wolfenstein is slow paced for supposedly "old school shooter".

Metro is not action packed old school FPS because not every game need to be or claim to be. It is Stalker type game because they are ex stalker developers and now they have budget to make huge sandbox games akin to Stalker.

Metro is praise for its atmosphere and narrative. its most unique atmosphere in gaming.

wolfenstein games are just generic FPS we have seen many times before with cutscenes constantly interrupt our gameplay. i recently played new colossus and it doesnot even decide if it want to be stealth game or a shooter. you have to kill commander to stop alarm lol.

i played all 3 wolfenstein game. only bother to finish old blood because its better than both games.

• Banned

@black-cell I'm not going to attempt to count how many times you backtrack from previous statements in that post, so I'm just going to stop here. You clearly can't make up your mind.

So anyways... Topic.
    I've been playing a bit of Titanfall 2 lately and enjoying it quite a bit. Gives me CoD vibes from when the games used to be good, but of course it does given the devoplers. A shame it didn't take off, but honestly that is EA's own dumb fault for releasing it in such a crowded month. I played the first game a bit and hear the multiplayer for this one is even better. Unfortunately I've already got so many MP focused games on the go I don't think I'll have time to dig into this one. Hopefully the SP is good enough to put it on my list.

1. Bloodborne (2015)
    2. Bayonetta 2 (2014)
    3. Horizon Zero Dawn (2017)
    4. Deus Ex Human Revolution (2011)
    5. Total War: Shogun 2 (2011)
    6. NieR Automata (2017)
    7. Journey (2012)
    8. Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (2013)
    9. Dark Souls (2011)
    10. Transistor (2014)

This will inevitably change. Still two more years.

• 10.) Yakuza 0

9.) Code of Princess

8.) Sin and Punishment: Star Successor

7.) Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze

6.) Mad World

5.) Rayman Legends

4.) Vanquish

3.) Metal Gear Rising

2.) Doom (2016)

1). Bayonetta 2

• Banned

@cocage My god how could I forget about Vanquish. Such an incredible action game.

• Global Moderator

@cocage @El-Shmiablo Yeah Same here! Its an amazing game and I have played it through over and over again! Great action game and the use of slow mo was great! cool way of limit it and keeping it from being abused. The controls felt so good in it!

• Banned

@lotias I remember when it was announced everybody was like "lol look Japan is trying to be Halo" but then it actually came out and was one of the greatest action games of all time.

• @cocage Hell yeah, Vanquish and Metal Gear Rising getting some love!

• Global Moderator

@el-shmiablo Oh yeah! I remember downloading the demo because I liked the look of the main character. I found the gameplay to be super hard at first but then the more I played it, the more fluent and smooth it all became. By the end of the game it was like a ballet of dashing, shooting and smashing things up! I so hope that they port it to PS4. doesnt have to be a remaster, just port it please.

• Banned

@lotias I'm certain I remember a remaster being announced a while back.

• Global Moderator

@el-shmiablo I believe that was only a PC port though? or am I completely wrong?

• @lotias said in What are your top 10 Game of Decade (starting from 2010 to onwards):

@el-shmiablo I believe that was only a PC port though? or am I completely wrong?

That's all, a remaster has never been announced. Thing is though, it's not a game that ever suffers from it's default framerate.

• I didnot liked vanquish at all. i tried it when PC port released. and it feel dull. I thought i may like i but its still cover shooter with sliding mechanics.
    not very interesting.