Secret of Mana (PS4/Vita/PC)

• @suplextrain @Mbun @Musou-Tensei

Wow, I've never had so many comments on one post before lol. See negativity does stimulate more clicks and conversation.

I think Stephen Totilo and Jason Schreier are both great ppl that cover the games industry. As for other articles I take them on a case by case basis. Where are there places that stay away from click bait and cover the industry completely objectively? Would like to know.

As for HD Remaster comment, I mean more inline with FF7 on psn right now, just meaning its been implemented for the HD screen. Possibly a poor choice of words.

• @cgamor7 said in Secret of Mana (PS4/Vita/PC):

See negativity does stimulate more clicks and conversation.

If I write something stupid and offensive obviously it can get people to talk, but for all the wrong reasons.
    I'm all for writing controversial and thought-provoking material, but that's not really what Kotaku does.

Where are there places that stay away from click bait and cover the industry completely objectively? Would like to know.

What do you mean? Places that write good articles or just focus on the news? The former is places like Gamasutra while the latter is places like Allgamesdelta or Gematsu .

As for HD Remaster comment, I mean more inline with FF7 on psn right now, just meaning its been implemented for the HD screen.

Uh, you mean a port of the PC version? Which is again just a port and not in any way a remaster/remake? So you just want the SNES version with uncapped resolution and that would be a proper Secret of Mana remaster?

• @suplextrain gamasutra is good, havnt heard of the other two. I'll check them out.

Like I said, poor choice of words, Maybe some minor cosmstetic upgrades, higher texture quality or even just a port in my opinion would be completely fine. There is a lot to appreciate with original games especially from that generation. Games like grim fandango, or even romance saga brought back classics in nice ways.

• @cgamor7 said in Secret of Mana (PS4/Vita/PC):

Like I said, poor choice of words, Maybe some minor cosmstetic upgrades, higher texture quality or even just a port in my opinion would be completely fine. There is a lot to appreciate with original games especially from that generation. Games like grim fandango, or even romance saga brought back classics in nice ways.

Point is I think articles like the Kotaku ones about the Secret of Mana remake are pretty dumb. They call the remake shit because they don't like the visuals, even though as a game the remake is superior to the original. This is what I find to be ignorant and unprofessional.
    Do note, I think the graphics are just servicable but I do understand that they were working with a limited budget and pumping way more money into the project to make it look amazing most likely wouldn't have paid off in terms of sales. But games are not only remade for the visuals. In addition SE has stated that this remake is a feeler to see if there is interest in more Mana games. In other words they don't want to invest tons of money into the Mana series again (like they did with Sword, Children and Dawn of Mana).
    For what it is I think the devs did a good job.

• Planning to pick this up on my way home, hell didn't even know it got a physical release in the U.S. till I was killing time before Black Panther.

Also on the rare ocassion someone actually makes a good article at Kotaku (Such as ME:A's development troubles) they have about a dozen other "Fans of X franchise are pissed about "Insert here" and their source is like 2-3 Twitter post or something, and the article does nothing but make a mountain out of a anthill. Also my memory might be a bit fuzzy but I recall Kotaku sending someone to a Rock Band 4 preview where they didn't even bother to play the game.