EZA review scale changing to numerical system

• admin

@hazz3r It really doesn't have anything to do with the scale change. There's always going to be some element of "review not matching text" perception from time to time, just based on what people choose to talk about. It's easy for it to take a lot of time to describe infrequent problems, and not have as much to say about constant strengths that are good but not necessarily outstanding. Plus, Damiani will often have a lot of gripes even about some of the best games ever made.

• Eh, I don’t really care too much about the change since I listen to EZA for the reasoning behind their judgments and not the number they whack on to the end of a review. The “stars image” thing will go away, and quarter stars wouldn’t have looked that great as an image or emote anyway, but who really should be caring about that when the idea of watching a review isn’t to review the review itself, but to piece together what their judgement was and use that to edit yours.

Hopefully this gets rid of a few of the “lol 4/4.5 stars and I haven’t watched the review yet” since it’s a bit harder to justify that meme if you’ve got to adjust it to fit what will now be the 7.5/8/8.5/9/9.5 range we’re going to get due to the “we can’t review just any game” thing.

The biggest wrestling journalist of all time Dave Meltzer broke a 30 year rating system when he gave a match last year 6/5 stars, and then he topped it with a 6+1/4 /5 for the rematch. That guy can do what he wants with his scale because his thoughts are what the draw is, so do what you want Blood/EZA because you’re more than justified to do so.

• @mr-m 11/10 review when

• @ib0show when a new yakuza style game with the main characters as Kazuchika Okada and Kenny Omega comes out