Which RE games are worth playing?

• Okey Allies, im reviving this old thread with a question about what i should play through next.
    I started my RE journey with a playthrough of 7 last year. I have since played through both zero and one remake.
    The logical step would be to play through RE 2, 3,4 and so on.
    But i dont own any of the older consols and 2 and 3/nemesis is not available on ps4 afaik.
    The ones i have bought are Code Veronica X, 4, 5, 6 and Revelations 1 and 2.
    Should i just skip 2 and 3 and head straight to CV:X?
    I have preordered 2 remake and cant wait to play it, but i need something to calm my nerves while waiting for release :)

• @kaliber Resident Evil 4 is a timeless classic, the nature of the story in RE4 is fairly stand alone, and it stars Leon! So if you were soliciting my personal opinion, I would vote RE4. I didn't play the series in any kind of release or story order, so perhaps I'm being biased here by suggesting you don't have to either... skip CV:X for now and go with the game that stands head and shoulders above the rest.

But if you have an appetite for a "classic" style Resident Evil game (and can't get your hands on RE2 or RE3) then that would be a good reason to play CV:X next.

• @chocobop That's some good points, i think i might actually just play 4 and get a feel for the ots camera.
    Then play co-op 5 and 6 sometime during this summer. Have you played the Revelation games? if so, are they any good?

• @kaliber In my opinion play code veronica x, It's a great game and since you have played re 1 and 0 It'll be better to play first all the fixed camera Resident Evil games so you can really feel the change when eventually you play Resident Evil 4. You can play 2 when the remake releases and could skip 3 since code veronica is the real Resident Evil 3 (Sony had the rights to all the numbered resident evil games at the time so Capcom couldn't call Code Veronica Resident evil 3 wich they originally intended)

• Holy shit was I high when I recommended 6?

• Ugh I haven't played any RE games (including 7) since I started this thread haha. Where has the time gone!

• @kaliber said in Which RE games are worth playing?:

@chocobop That's some good points, i think i might actually just play 4 and get a feel for the ots camera.
    Then play co-op 5 and 6 sometime during this summer. Have you played the Revelation games? if so, are they any good?

I own but haven't played the Revelation games, they are at the top of my RE backlog. But I hear they are good -- that they are more in line with the modern RE4-styte controls while simultaneously adjusting the gameplay back a little more towards survival over action -- so I'm looking forward to playing them.

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• @alkatraz111 so 3/Nemesis is more like a 2.5? and cv:x is the real 3?

@faaip Now is the time :)

@chocobop I see, i have to say i enjoy the survival aspect more then straight action.
    I really enjoyed 7 and was glad to see that The RE 2 Remake trailers looked so terrifying :)

• @kaliber True, it is backlog season! RE2 will absolutely be a day one buy for me at least