Soul Calibur VI (PS4/PC/XBO)

• Really not a fan of guest characters, Geralt included.

Then again, they take considerably less development time than the canon characters do, so it's not that bad, but I've really never been a fan of crossover fighters in Soul Calibur, it doesn't fit the series well.

• @inustar Gah! yeah Ciri is obviously who I meant lol, I mixed them up, she'd be a great Soul Calibur character, fast and agile, and just enough tease and prettiness to get the hype (and discussions) going

• @sonmi Generally speaking I agree, guest characters simply doesn't fit in the universe, the story gets weird, shoe horned :P But I think they made a great job with Geralt, he looks, moves and sounds just like he should, and it's cool that he's got sign magic as special attacks too!

• @jaggafredde I think Geralt could work pretty well story wise since they have those portals to other worlds.
    Though, yeah usually they get shoe horned. Vader and Yoda were pretty bad...

• @inustar
    Out of all the Guest characters Gearlt and Ezio seem like the easiest to add fro a lore side of things (even if SC5 was about a hundred years before Ezio was born) But with the Portals from The Witcher Gearlt could easily be added, especially since said portals lead to various dimensions and times. (Hell I vaguely recall Ciri mentioning travelling to a world that sounded alot like Cyberpunk)

• @dmcmaster If Cyberpunk doesn't have some Witcher references I will be surprised. Hell, I'd be pleased with a secret side quest that has Ciri show up.
    But yeah, it's an easy story to write to get Geralt into SC (and Ciri too while we're at it).
    Not sure why, but I would like to see Bayek from AC Origins added, since I think he would work pretty well, and is easy to work in lore wise.

• @inustar
    Honestly Id love for create a soul to feature some costumes from the guest franchises, at least then we can create our own Ciri or Kazuya or whoever gets announced next.

• I was sooooooooooo close on playing it at Final Round 21 recently but...by the time I got inside the venue, they already took it down... =( (I was only there for a couple of hours).

Still, since Ivy wasn't playable in the current build, not that big of a deal for me. I'm pretty confident they'll have an updated build at CEO later this year (not officially announced but I'm sure it'll be there) so, I look forward to trying it out =)

• CDPR talking about how they made Geralt fit into the Soul Calibur universe

Youtube Video

• Siegfried revealed!

Youtube Video

Honestly, I'm a bit disappointed, he's got cool powerful moves but the hair looks stiff and weird, almost last gen.

• Woooooooah. I'm not into Siegfrieds voice actor. Not digging it.
    He is looking GOOOOOD though

• I was fortunate enough to had a little bit of time playing this at CEO a few weeks ago.

I can definitely say, in my eyes, this is the TRUE sequel to Soul Calibur II; forget III - V, this game is where it's at. The speed feels just as fast as II, if not slightly faster. The slow down effects is like Tekken 7 but even better. Also, Geralt is freaking fun. Go play him lol

I wish I had more time with the game but, yeah, I want to get this game ASAP.

• For those of you that don't follow the FGC with a magnifying glass, Cervantes and Raphael were accidentally leaked during an event in Australia over the weekend.

Someone from namco provided the wrong demo build for the event, it had Cervantes and Raphael who were previously unannounced. Seung mina, astaroth, Voldo, talim, and azwel were also playable. (No previous build has had these characters accessible.