Allies, what are your top 10 games of all time? Name one game per franchise

• I'll increase it to 15 and out of order because they could more or less all be number 1.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
    Yoshi's Island
    Donkey Kong Country 2
    Super Metroid
    Spyro: Year of the Dragon
    Ratchet & Clank 3
    Crash Team Racing
    Bloodborne
    Fallout
    The King of Fighters '98
    Metal Slug 3
    Gradius II
    Castlevania: Rondo of Blood
    Super Smash Bros. Melee
    Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

• I've already got my top 30 ready to go thanks to the top 100 games poll we had a while back, so I'll just repost that. Since that poll, the only change has been Breath of the Wild knocking Wreckless: The Yakuza Missions off of the bottom.

#1. Worms Armageddon (PC)
    #2. Perfect Dark (N64)
    #3. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (N64)
    #4. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Xbox 360)
    #5. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 (Dreamcast)
    #6. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)
    #7. Halo 1 (Original Xbox)
    #8. Star Fox 64 (N64)
    #9. Banjo-Kazooie (N64)
    #10. GoldenEye 007 (N64)
    #11. Rayman 2: The Great Escape (N64)
    #12. Harvest Moon 64 (N64)
    #13. Super Smash Bros. Melee (GameCube)
    #14. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (GameCube)
    #15. Burnout Revenge (Original Xbox)
    #16. SimCity 2000: Special Edition (PC)
    #17. Pikmin 1 (GameCube)
    #18. Project Gotham Racing 2 (Original Xbox)
    #19. Pokémon Red & Blue (Original Game Boy)
    #20. Blast Corps (N64)
    #21. Crazy Taxi (Dreamcast)
    #22. Jet Set Radio Future (Original Xbox)
    #23. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U)
    #24. Unreal Tournament 2003 (PC)
    #25. Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved (Xbox 360)
    #26. Soul Calibur (Dreamcast)
    #27. Dance Dance Revolution Extreme (Arcade)
    #28. Robotron 64 (N64)
    #29. MechAssault (Original Xbox)
    #30. Star Wars Episode I: Racer (N64)

My blog thread detailing my top five is still valid as well.

• One per franchise ? this will be fun
    10.Star fox 64
    9.Kingdom Hearts
    8.Paper Mario
    7.Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
    6 Xenoblade Chronicles
    5.Trails In the Sky FC
    4.Dark Souls
    3.Star Craft
    2.Final Fantasy 7
    1.Ocarina Of Time

• I don't have a numbered list or anything, but I do have my favorites separated into tiers. This was pretty tough.

The Upper Echelon

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (My favorite Zelda. Best dungeons I've ever played. Great characters, and great music.)

Katamari Damacy (Crazy, unique, charming. Wonderful and super underrated music.)

The Higher Echelon

Super Paper Mario (Best story in Mario History and a great OST.)

A Hat In Time (Great controls, great design, great music. A stellar first effort from GFB.)

Ni No Kuni (Gorgeous, heartwarming, amazing OST, great battle/crafting system. It has everything.)

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Just a real good game about some real good lawyers.)

Mother 3 (It's one of the greatest games ever made, what do you want me to say?)

The Trinity

Pokemon Black 2 (The game that made me love games.)

Persona 3: Portable (My favorite characters and music in gaming history.)

Okami (The most beautiful, and best feeling game I've ever played. Very underrated OST.)

• Banned

@neocweeny
    Well since this a-hole is doing 15, I'm adding another 5.
    Resident Evil 5
    F-Zero GX
    Vanquish
    Burnout Paradise
    Final Fantasy VI

• Global Moderator

Hard to put them in a list as they all are really good in their own way. Like what makes an RPG better than a shooter? story? gameplay? music? I have just listed 10, but wouldnt say that any of them are in a specific order. These are just 10 games I played a lot and enjoyed my time with and look back on with a smile on my lips.

1. Burnout 3 (one of the best arcade racers there ever has been)
    2. The Last of Us (this game touched me so deep, just loved it)
    3. Elders Scroll 5: Skyrim (As I have spent 500+ hours in this game and recently picked it up again says it all)
    4. Zone of the Enders 2: Second runner (My avatar... I love Kojima, I love big robots, nuff said)
    5. Halo (a game that was so unique when it came out. I also got most books and love this series in general)
    6. Pokémon Gold/silver (I grew up with Pokémon, Silver was the highlight of the world for me for so many reasons)
    7. World of Warcraft (Played this pretty much non stop for 6 years on a extremely high level, sometimes I miss those old good times)
    8. StarCraft 2 (One of the best RTS games there ever was? also got me into competative games and e-sports)
    9. Titanfall 2 (If you havent played this yet, do yourself a favour and pick it up. Most solid shooter in a long long time)
    10. Final Fantasy IX (This is most likely my favourite RPG game of all times. I hold this close to my heart and it has stayed with me since I played it day 1)

• I actually felt like putting some effort into this, so here's mine.

I have a big debate for tenth place because of Undertale, I think it is absolutely fantastic, and probably deserves better than my tenth spot, that said having only beaten once and on a single path I'm not completely sure if I would rank it in there though I think it is likely.

10. Odin Sphere

alt text

I don't know exactly what it is about it, but I just love Odin Sphere, ever since I played it on the PS2 it stuck with me and to this day it remains one of my favorites.

9. Civilization V

alt text

Before Vicky 2 this was the birth of my obsession for strategy, sadly I haven't played that much of 6, so V is still the one that takes first place for me.

8. Dragon Age Origins

alt text

Probably the first proper western RPG I played other than Oblivion, I think it can be upped by many games on the genre but I haven't enjoyed any others more than this.

7. Victoria 2

alt text

Talk about jank!!!, Still the countless hours I've devoted to it speak for themselves, none of the other Paradox Grand Strategy games have made me obsessed like Vicky 2, and really few things have.

6. Trails of Cold Steel

alt text

Love it, sadly I just liked the sequel but I really liked what I presented, and it may actually be on top of Suikoden but I think it is close.

5. Suikoden V

alt text

I have no problem saying this game is probably not up to par with many other in terms of quality, but I absolutely love it and I've enjoyed it thoroughly every time I've played it. Fuck Konami!!!

4. Psychonauts

alt text

Despite the jank there's so much that I enjoy of this game, absolutely love going through it.

3. Papers Please

alt text

This game is perfectly executed and the end result is masterful.

2. Nier

alt text

Absolutely brilliant and made me appreciate games much more in many ways, Automata may be a better made game overall, but it didn't top the original in my eyes.

1. Persona 5

alt text

There's too much I can say, 3 and 4 are also in my top 5, this really is an obsession that has gone on for about 11 years now.

• No order

Ocarina of Time
    Final Fantasy 9
    Persona 4
    Counter Strike GO
    Metal Gear Solid 3
    Overwatch
    Bloodborne
    Pokemon Emerald
    The Witcher 3
    Fire Emblem Path of radiance

This would prob be different a month from now but this is how im feeling in the moment.

• @oscillator Star Wars Episode 1 racer? Take my upvote! That game is criminally underrated (although I played it on my dad's PC).

The one game per franchise rule really moves things around for me. Here's my list, though I'm sure I'm forgetting some things:

1. Chrono Trigger
    2. Final Fantasy 6
    3. Pokemon Gold
    4. Mario Galaxy
    5. Uncharted 2 (haven't played 4 yet)
    6. Mass Effect 2
    7. Super Smash Bros. Wii U
    8. Mario Kart 8
    9. Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
    10. Undertale

• No order,

Final Fantasy VII
    Resident Evil 2
    Tomb raider II
    Metal Gear Solid
    Mass Effect 2
    Assassins Creed II
    Dragon Age Origins
    Another World
    Demon Souls
    Grand Theft Auto V

1. The Last of Us
    2. Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
    3. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
    4. Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End
    5. Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy
    6. Red Dead Redemption
    7. Tekken 3
    8. Resident Evil 4
    9. Vigilante 8
    10. Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction

• 15. Quake II
    14. System Shock 2
    13. Fatal Frame
    12. Parasite Eve
    11. Star Trek: A Final Unity
    10. Xenogears
    9. Xenosaga: Episode III
    8. The Dig
    7. Resident Evil 2
    6. The Longest Journey
    5. Shenmue
    4. Broken Sword: Shadows of the Templars
    3. Deus Ex
    2. Silent Hill 2
    1. Final Fantasy VIII

1. Final Fantasy IX. Every other game is irrelevant.

• @naltmank said in Allies, what are your top 10 games of all time? Name one game per franchise:

@oscillator Star Wars Episode 1 racer? Take my upvote! That game is criminally underrated (although I played it on my dad's PC).

How can I take your upvote when you didn't hand one out? ;)

• @oscillator oops, corrected!

• @sheria said in Allies, what are your top 10 games of all time? Name one game per franchise:

15. Quake II
    14. System Shock 2
    13. Fatal Frame
    12. Parasite Eve
    11. Star Trek: A Final Unity
    10. Xenogears
    9. Xenosaga: Episode III
    8. The Dig
    7. Resident Evil 2
    6. The Longest Journey
    5. Shenmue
    4. Broken Sword: Shadows of the Templars
    3. Deus Ex
    2. Silent Hill 2
    1. Final Fantasy VIII

Quake only FPS in your 15 list? discounting hybrids.

never though you are into MP shooters.

im not a MP gamer anyways. but quake 2 for its time was really good game. but people play those for MP. and as a result new quake game doesnot have SP anyways. thats disappointing.

I wish id software reboot Quake like they did with Doom and made SP great once again instead of F2P MP game. for me Quake 4 is best Quake game because of its single player focus.

other than your top 10 list is same as the one in 2010. not a single game change. especially FF8.

• Banned

@black-cell I would actually bet money there will never be another Quake game with a singleplayer focus.
    Quake has become a predominantly MP focused game because it's core gameplay mechanics do not mesh well with a singleplayer campaign.

It works with Doom because Doom's focus has always been the campaigns (that and the various WADs) and compared to Quake, Doom is very, very slow.

The Quake community hated Q4 for a reason.

• @black-cell said in Allies, what are your top 10 games of all time? Name one game per franchise:

I wish id software reboot Quake like they did with Doom and made SP great once again instead of F2P MP game. for me Quake 4 is best Quake game because of its single player focus.

other than your top 10 list is same as the one in 2010. not a single game change. especially FF8.

I don't think I ever played Quake 2's multiplayer, I just adore the campaign. Fast paced shooting action with a great, pumping metal track over the top. Half-Life 2 and Noone Lives Forever almost made it.

Youtube Video – [03:56..]

As for my top 10, I'll change it once I play something better =P

• @el-shmiablo said in Allies, what are your top 10 games of all time? Name one game per franchise:

@black-cell I would actually bet money there will never be another Quake game with a singleplayer focus.
    Quake has become a predominantly MP focused game because it's core gameplay mechanics do not mesh well with a singleplayer campaign.

It works with Doom because Doom's focus has always been the campaigns (that and the various WADs) and compared to Quake, Doom is very, very slow.

The Quake community hated Q4 for a reason.

Quake 4 is like Doom 3. Doom 3 was most unnecessarily hated game of all time. it was fantastic and true evolution of Doom. Quake 4 was not as good as Doom 3 but it was still pretty good but it was not made by id software.