Hall of Greats Teaser: Beginning Year (UE4)

• This is pretty cool. I'll give it a download and check it out!

• I just checked it out and I must I am impressed. It feels cozy just walking around and watching/listening to the media you're inserted in each room. Great job !

Side note : If any of you get an error message saying you're missing dll files when trying to open the program (like I did), install UE4 which is included in the Engine folder.

• @whiskeyjack said in Hall of Greats Teaser: Beginning Year (UE4):

I just checked it out and I must I am impressed. It feels cozy just walking around and watching/listening to the media you're inserted in each room. Great job !

Side note : If any of you get an error message saying you're missing dll files when trying to open the program (like I did), install UE4 which is included in the Engine folder.

Thanks, I forgot to mention that, I'll add it to the OP.

• Glad it got posted on the showcase. Cheers!

• Hey DreamGoblin !! :D just discovered I could download it thru your youtube links and came here naturally to say THANK you :) I have a very old laptop and it runs GREAT on my end !! Such a joy to rediscover all the inductions !! I'll try to give you more feedback later if I spot something odd !! :) It's a 10/10 job everybody should download it and should promote it via twitter cause i'm not sure many allies know you can download it !! I will try to spread the word on EZA twitch chat, the place I hang the most !! feel free to join us there when streams are offline !!!
    Once again L&R

edit: 1h later :) still loving it, reached the secret thing :D had to put headphones on, don't wanna spoil, but is there more after ? I'm convinced there is, but my friend says no. I'm still investigating !

• @tahitianwarrior said in Hall of Greats Teaser: Beginning Year (UE4):

Hey DreamGoblin !! :D just discovered I could download it thru your youtube links and came here naturally to say THANK you :) I have a very old laptop and it runs GREAT on my end !! Such a joy to rediscover all the inductions !! I'll try to give you more feedback later if I spot something odd !! :) It's a 10/10 job everybody should download it and should promote it via twitter cause i'm not sure many allies know you can download it !! I will try to spread the word on EZA twitch chat, the place I hang the most !! feel free to join us there when streams are offline !!!
    Once again L&R

edit: 1h later :) still loving it, reached the secret thing :D had to put headphones on, don't wanna spoil, but is there more after ? I'm convinced there is, but my friend says no. I'm still investigating !

Thanks, really glad you like it! Also good to hear it runs on your laptop. I was a little worried since I could only test it on my PC.

Unfortunately there is nothing past the last room (maybe in later versions I'll expand on that), sorry about that. Kind of like the RE7 demo, it's just meant to tease possible future versions/be an easter egg. That being said, getting to that room does unlock a new "ability" (check the controls menu if you haven't already).

• @dreamgoblin yes of course and I loved it :) I think I've watched all the videos available, it was great what you did with the extra videos playing after the induction ones ! and that metroid room :o freaked me out :D the background music is so dope :)

• Is this ever going to be updated? It's a cool idea and I like it

• i hope this gets updated

• Hey @DreamGoblin I’m not sure if you still frequent the forums, but would you ever consider open sourcing your project? Would be a cool thing for the creators in the community to contribute to!