Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Switch)

• @el-shmiablo
    Custom Robo is dead, as sad as that is to say you know it's true

• Banned

@dmcmaster Oh, I know. Despite being a perfect fit for Nintendo's last three consoles, they continue to be ignore this amazing IP.
    R.I.P. In Peace Custom Robo. Hope you and F-Zero are chillin' in forgotten Ninrtendo franchise Heaven.

• @dmcmaster Ice Climbers is even more dead, and they made it to Smash. Anything is possible.

• So yeah, we know there's a Smash 5 invitational tournament at E3.

Does that mean we can realistically expect the game to be revealed before then?

• Banned

@sonmi I don't think so. Didn't Ninty have tournaments for newly announced games a few E3s ago?

• @sonmi they didn't reveal Smash Wii U before the 2014 invitational.

• So what if the new Smash Bros turns out to be a hero shooter?
    Started as a dum joke between me, my brother and a few others but after about 2 hours of talking it over we all thought it could kinda work.

• @dmcmaster That would be named an entirely different thing.

• The title should be changed into Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Still no Waluigi after yesterday's info dump. We did get to see dead Luigi, however, so... that's a start?

• As someone who juat wants to see as many characters as possible and gives no shits about balancing, seeing Zero, Knucles, Shovel Knight and Krystals presented as assist is a bit infuriating.

That said I reaaly liked all of the gameplay features for group play they showed, as my main interest in the game and current hype comes from a sizeable group on the office being completely on board with the game, so I juat know we are gonna have a blast with it.

But yeah ... just make everyone playable please.

• @bard91 There are like 67 playable characters and another 6 Echo fighters... While I know new characters are fun, you might want to get used to having that paltry amount...

I like the assists as another way to include more characters since its impossible for every character to be playable. That being said I do want Waluigi to get his due.

• @bard91 said:

As someone who juat wants to see as many characters as possible and gives no shits about balancing, seeing Zero, Knucles, Shovel Knight and Krystals presented as assist is a bit infuriating.

@Inustar said:

I like the assists as another way to include more characters since its impossible for every character to be playable.

Remember, it could always be worse.

FUCK
    I do think Bomberman deserves more than being an assist trophy though.

• @mbun i have a strong feeling that Geno might be one of the last newcomerss that they announce for this game tbqh.

sakurai has prevously even stated he'd like to include him as a fighter before.

• Banned

@yoshi Automatically my new main.

• @el-shmiablo i main multiple characters already. Yoshi, Olimar, Dedede, Samus & Lucas.

of the Ultimate characters announced so far i intend to make Ridley, Pokemon Trainer, Pichu, Dark Samus and King K Rool as my new mains that i also become good with.

i have Super Mario RPG but its a 90's game that was never released in Europe & Australia until the Wii era so i haven't bothered to finish the game yet nor do i any nostalgic attachment to the game.

• Banned

@yoshi I main Wario most of the time, but Shiek and Samus were my melee mains so I'm decent with them as well.

Mario RPG is a hard top 5 of mine. One of the best RPGs ever made imho.

• @el-shmiablo i want to love Wario but i suck ass with him.

i suck with shiek as well but i love fighting Shiek's. i used to fight so much of them that i just find them easy to counter with my Olimar & Yoshi now.

• Banned

@yoshi Wario is just so fun to play. It pisses my friends off when we play together because we often do no items final destination, and he is one of the only characters who can create items, but it makes sense since one of his moves relies on ingesting items.

I played Samus in melee but subbed Shiek. Played Shiek in Brawl when I found out the nerfed Samus into the ground, at least until I discovered the true majesty of Wario. He's been my dude ever since then. Just such a versatile character imo.

We'll have to get in a match or two some day.

• @yoshi Considering FF still only has two music tracks I doubt SE is allowing Nintendo anything beyond what they already provided for 4.

• @hanabi a week ago i wouldn't have thought it was possible at all

but since Ridley, K Rool and Simon Belmont have now all got in, i just have a huge feeling that Geno will make it in too.

they were the 4 stand out characters that people have been begging for since back in the Melee and Brawl days.