Code of Princess is getting a remaster!

• It's called Code of Princess EX, and it is coming out for the Switch. For those that don't know CoP is a game that came out in 2012 on 3DS. It later got a PC port in 2016, but without the awesome English dub. The game is a beat'em up in the vein of Treasure's Guardian Heroes. In fact, a majority of its designers worked for Treasure.

Here is some info:

alt text

alt text

Code of Princess EX Trailer

• Updated sprites? Do want. Would buy if ported to PS4.

• I love how ludicrous her armor is, I'm interested in it though I'm not sure if I'll get it at release.

• @bard91 They comment on how ridiculous her "armor" is quite frequently in the game.
    This is fanservice done right. Make sure your game is good before you start shoving da big animu tiddies in people's faces.

• We didn't get this game on 3DS retail in europe so I'm glad that even if that happens again with this version, I can just import now.

• I guess that's cool, but in all honesty the Switch is getting way too many ports and not enough new original games. It almost feels like companies are going "What have we got that's already done that we can dump on the Switch?" . I'm not gonna buy a Switch for ports.

• @suplextrain

I understand what you mean. I think at this point the Switch has enough ports, but we are seeing some new stuff that are original games that haven't been on a previous generation. And I'm not just talking about Nintendo's first party stuff either. The reason Nintendo's done so many ports is because a lot of people did not buy a Wii U, and it's a case of playing catch-up.

At this point even "expert" analysists or haters of Nintendo can't say that the Switch doesn't have games. They're getting plenty. Besides, the PS4 and Xbox One is just as guilty of doing this.

• @bard91

Yeah, I know. It's like she walked right out of John Carter of Mars.

• @musou-tensei

I felt bad that Atlus screwed you guys over. I don't know why they didn't bother releasing it in Europe. Eventually it came out digital-only, on the 3DS eShop, but 2 years after the game came out. I really don't know what is up with Atlus hatred of Europe.

• @cocage said in Code of Princess is getting a remaster!:

@suplextrain

I understand what you mean. I think at this point the Switch has enough ports, but we are seeing some new stuff that are original games that haven't been on a previous generation. And I'm not just talking about Nintendo's first party stuff either. The reason Nintendo's done so many ports is because a lot of people did not buy a Wii U, and it's a case of playing catch-up.

At this point even "expert" analysists or haters of Nintendo can't say that the Switch doesn't have games. They're getting plenty. Besides, the PS4 and Xbox One is just as guilty of doing this.

It's not just the WiiU though, but stuff from years ago. I mean yeah I get it, it's easy and cheap to port old games to the Switch and generally people that buy Nintendo systems don't buy/play on other systems. But as someone that owns multiple systems, these ports are not selling me on the Switch and I haven't been interested in Mario and Zelda for ages. I mean this latest direct was mostly ports.

At this point even "expert" analysists or haters of Nintendo can't say that the Switch doesn't have games.

Not sure what you mean by that. I generally don't factor in years old ports as a reason to get a system. It's also subjective on what counts as "enough". Some people thought that just BotW was enough, others (like me) still thinks the library isn't good enough to justify a purchase.
    Just saying that if it got more original games the system would be more appealing than if it was flooded by ports.

• @suplextrain

I agree with what you said, but the Xbox One and PS4 still ports games from the previous generations. For example, EA is releasing Burnout Paradise complete edition on Modern consoles. But the game looks barely better than it did last generation. The only difference is that It's got all the DLC on disc now. Too bad I've already played the crap out of Burnout Paradise years ago and never had much interest to play it again. And then there was a tree release a Bulletstorm for a full $60. What did difference only being that they added in Duke Nukem. The reason why so many of these rerelease so this happened is because a lot of these games aren't backward-compatible at least on the PS4 release. The Xbox one has 360 games that do work on Xbox one, but we still see remasters for both systems or on PC as well.

I plan on getting a Switch soon, but that's because there are games on there I do want to play and I know they're coming out on the system. For me, there's Bayonetta 3 and No More Heroes 3. I know that's not enough yet but it's a start. As far as consoles I own of this generation, it's just a PS4. I do have a Wii U but I plan on trading that in to get money off of my Switch, along with some of the games I don't play anymore. I don't have an Xbox One. But that's because the Xbox One doesn't have that niche Japanese gaming market that Nintendo and Sony has. They have games at I know that I'm going to play.

• @cocage said in Code of Princess is getting a remaster!:

@suplextrain
    I agree with what you said, but the Xbox One and PS4 still portal games from the previous generations.

Yeah, but they get more original or multiplat games. It's not like most of the games they get are ports (which is pretty much what the situation is like for the Switch). Also the Switch is a new system and if they want people to buy into the Switch doing so with a bunch of years old ports isn't really the way to go. That's my point. Nintendo is leaning too heavily on ports to fill their library atm which makes their system less appealing.

• @suplextrain said:

the Switch is getting way too many ports and not enough new original games
    I'm not gonna buy a Switch for ports
    Just saying that if it got more original games the system would be more appealing than if it was flooded by ports
    It's not like most of the games they get are ports (which is pretty much what the situation is like for the Switch)
    Nintendo is leaning too heavily on ports to fill their library atm

Let's take a moment to examine what I've bought for my Switch since I got my Switch.

Day 1: Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Super Bomberman R, and Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment. Breath of the Wild was obviously retooled from an original intended Wii U version, but it did come out the same day as the Wii U version so it falls under multiplat rather than port if anything. Super Bomberman R is without any doubt a full, brand new game. While Shovel Knight's original campaign and the Plague Knight "campaign" are old, Specter of Torment was a brand new, vastly different campaign that debuted on Switch first, but only by like a day, so I'm fine with demoting it to multiplat out of principle.

Rest of 2017: Splatoon 2, Sonic Mania, Super Mario Odyssey, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Splatoon 2 is your typical two years later new coat of ink on an established shooter franchise. Sonic Mania was a multiplat perfect for playing on the go, and it's the only version that still has the Dunkey Easter Egg, so easily the best version of the game. Obviously Super Mario Odyssey was a brand new game. Likewise Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is very much a brand new game. Don't let the 2 there fool you into thinking it is very similar to the original, because the combat has been completely overhauled, the world is entirely new and different, new art style with brand new characters, and the plot just barely ties into the original.

So aside from a handful of multiplats, I've yet to buy any ports on my Switch, and I had a hefty amount of new games last year even without buying everything avilable. I've been tempted to pick up afew ports like Snake Pass, Stardew Valley, Steam World: Heist, etc. because they'd be fun to play on the go, but I've been kept busy enough with nonports to not dip into that yet, not to mention PC games, PS4 games, 3DS games, etc.

Now, I'm sure that would be different if I didn't own a Wii U, as I'd then be interested in many of those ports as I would have never had a chance to play those games before, and hey it might as well be new to people who never owned and never plan to own a Wii U for games that only exist between the Switch and the Wii U. But still this is not my personal case, I've instead experienced a steady flow of new games for my Switch without the need to buy into any of the ports, which shouldn't hurt your perception of the Switch for simply existing anyways as you seem to have fallen into the trap of.

Am I interested in this new Code of Princess remake or whatever it is when you can easily find the original game on 3DS eShop on sale for $1.50 every other week? Nah, I'm good. Does its existence offend me that another developer realizes they can make more money by easily porting their game to the Switch to offer it to a growing audience on a popular platform? Why would it? All systems get ports, and I'm in the give me even more ports camp, because there's still plenty of Steam games left I'd rather be playing on my Switch on the go like Slime Rancher, Into the Breach, Hollow Knight, etc. and plenty of people who don't PC game at all that those might as well be new games to.

So just say you're not into the games being offered on the Switch and drop this Switch is nothing but ports nonsense excuse.

• is this game kinda a beat em up with rpg elements?

• @ff7cloud

Exactly!

• @mbun said in Code of Princess is getting a remaster!:

Let's take a moment to examine what I've bought for my Switch since I got my Switch.

I don't care what you've bought and this statement already misses the point made just because you don't like the idea. But as usual you're far too close-minded yet delude yourself that you're the most open-minded person around, so why bother wasting time on you again.

So just say you're not into the games being offered on the Switch and drop this Switch is nothing but ports nonsense excuse.

Try actually reading people's posts before sperging out next time. If you can't even do something this simple then there is not point in actually trying to talk to you.

• @suplextrain I read what you said, and my point was you're ignoring all the new games Switch is getting just because there's also a ton of ports nobody is forcing you to buy. Hell, a brand new Kirby game is about to come out too, but you're not interested in it so you pretend it doesn't exist and say the system is getting nothing but ports when you mean there's nothing new you're interested in buying on it, which is completely different.

• I read what you said, and my point was you're ignoring all the new games Switch is getting just because there's also a ton of ports nobody is forcing you to buy.

If that's your conclusion then your reading comprehension is lacking. But this has been known to me from dealing with you in the past.

Hell, a brand new Kirby game is about to come out too, but you're not interested in it so you pretend it doesn't exist and say the system is getting nothing but ports when you mean there's nothing new you're interested in buying on it, which is completely different.

The amount of ports far outnumber new interesting original games (for a lot of people). I don't care if you buy every new-non port game that comes out for the Switch because that's frankly irrelevant and this is not about you. You're just upset that people think something you don't agree with.

Either way, all you want to do is argue while not really paying attention to what people are saying or wanting to accept other people's ideas. Sorry, but frankly you're not worth my time. Reply if you want, but I won't bother reading your posts anymore since you apparentely don't read mine.

• @suplextrain said:

amount of ports far outnumber new interesting original games

That's true for every system. Switch had an amazing first year. Much better than most consoles get.

I don't care if you buy every new-non port game that comes out for the Switch

I don't. There's specifically many I did not buy, because I wasn't interested enough in them to drop the cash.

(for a lot of people)
    You're just upset that people think something you don't agree with.

Switch is doing fine. Only people upset are the ones that are for some reason annoyed that the Switch has become popular when they themselves can't seem to find games they want to play on it, despite the system being loaded with games. Maybe you want cutting edge 4k graphics or are super into sports or VR or something? That's cool, and there's other systems you can use to fill those gaps. You also don't have to be into the new games coming out for Switch if you just aren't.

Just stop pretending it isn't getting any new games and is nothing but ports, because it gets plenty new games at a frequent pace. If you want to complain that it gets too many new indie games and not enough new big publisher third party games, then you at least are saying something that can lead to a discussion. When you're trashing Switch for a problem it doesn't even have, then you just come off as a hater. This isn't the Wii U. There aren't software droughts anymore.

• @suplextrain Jeez dude, calm down!