Legendary series you've never played.

• Alright Allies it's time to confess & out yourself as a fake gamer. What is the legendary series you've never played. Mine I'm ashamed to admit (as a lover of stealth yes) is the Metal Gear games. I'll get around to it some day I hope.

• Global Moderator

I havent played any of the Yakuza games yet. They keep coming up and they look like something I would enjoy, just... havent gotten around to it yet.

• Final Fantasy | Metal Gear | Souls | Mega Man | Persona | Yakuza | Bomberman | Fire Emblem | Star Fox | Tomb Raider | Rayman | Devil May Cry | Animal Crossing

Legendary probably doesn't apply to some of these, but they're either long running or critically successful series that I haven't even touched.

• Let's see....

Metal Gear
    Anything Blizzard
    Star Fox
    Resident Evil/Silent Hill/Almost any other "Horror" game
    Kirby
    ANY Fighting game NOT Mortal Kombat
    Mega Man
    Metroid
    Fallout
    Sonic
    Elder Scrolls
    Far Cry
    Castlevania
    Half-Life
    ANY Strategy game you can think of
    Devil May Cry
    Battlefield
    Dragon Age
    Animal Crossing
    Hitman
    Souls/Borne

I THINK that's it for series... I can keep going about individual entries...

• @brannox Get out of here! ;)

• Resident Evil is probably the biggest one I have never touched, though I've also played very little of MGS despite really liking what I've played.

• I've never played Chrono Trigger, any Fire Emblem game, or any Metroid game. I think that is about it when it comes to legendary games and series. Oh and I also haven't played a Silent Hill game.

• @axel But, but, but, but..... I like it here..... =-J

• @brannox I've got quite a few myself actually!

Kirby
    Warcraft / Starcraft
    Dragon Quest (got VIII on 3DS but haven't started it)
    Devil May Cry
    Monster Hunter
    Call of Duty
    Battlefield

There's gotta be a few I'm forgetting.

• @axel Oh yeah! I forgot I also haven't touched a Dragon Quest or Monster Hunter game...

There's a LOT I haven't/don't play.

• For me it's a heavy Nintendo bias since I owned the NES but nothing else until Wii, and that was co owned with rommates for multiplayer stuff, Wii U I owned for a hot second and now I have the Switch.... with only Breath of the Wild.
    So I've never played Metroid, Dragon Quest, Kirby, Earthbound, Chrono Trigger, Star Fox, Mega Man, Castlevania, Phoenix Wright, or Fire Emblem.
    And since I've never had a great gaming computer, or even enjoyed PC gaming much, I've never played Half Life or Portal.

• @brannox Oh okay so you just haven't played videogames.

• The Witcher
    Mass Effect
    Dragon Age
    StarCraft
    Chrono Trigger/Cross
    Monster Hunter
    Yakuza
    Shenmue
    Drakengard/Nier
    Animal Crossing
    SimCity
    Civilization
    X-com

• Does Splatoon count? Because, otherwise, I just can't think of anything, silly as it sounds.

• Final fantasy because i hate JRPG or RPG in general but i atleast tried plenty of WPRGs but not any of final fantasy game. and probably never will.

• @futurecorpse said:

What is the legendary series you've never played.

Oh! Oh! I've solved your riddle!
    alt text

• There's a pretty big Nintendo shaped hole in my gaming history.
    I haven't played a Mario game since SMB3
    So, none of the 3d ones. No paper, etc.
    Haven't played a Zelda since Ocarina.
    Haven't played a Pokemon since Yellow.

Outside of that, survival horror isn't really my thing. Bloodborne is the only souls- like i've played. I think i might have played one resident evil game. Something about an African village? Uh, only played MGS4.

• Really all I can think about is the Souls series, everything by TellTale after Walking Dead Season 1, the alike Life is Strange, most MMOs (I tried WoW, FFXIV, a Star Trek one, Old Republic and a SMT one) and any Visual Novels (so far), else I played pretty much everything in some form at least once, Gran Turismo, Forza, FIFA, Madden, NBA, MLB, CoD, Battlefield etc.

• I barely played more than 5 hours of Dragon Quest.

• @el-shmiablo Well... let's see... talking about the things I HAVE played...

Zelda
    Mario
    Final Fantasy
    Mass Effect
    DOOM
    Uncharted
    Smash Bros.
    Kingdom Hearts
    Gears of War
    God of War
    Resistance
    Gauntlet
    Ratchet & Clank
    Batman: Arkham series
    Spyro
    Sly Cooper
    Pokemon
    Wolfenstein
    Tomb Raider
    Dishonored
    Halo
    Battlefront
    Borderlands
    Bioshock
    Madden
    Metro
    Crash Bandicoot
    Call of Duty
    Assassin's Creed
    Mario Kart

And of course many games that only have one or two entries like Left 4 Dead, Portal, Prey, and Mirror's Edge just to name a few.

Oh, I remember two more series I haven't played! Jak & Daxter and Infamous.

Looks like your connection to Easy Allies Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.