Formula One

• Global Moderator

Hahaha yeah that was one of the more bizzare reasons for breakdowns on a racetrack. I guess its a citycourse but still!

• Well that was a long-ass session. At least it had a fortunate ending with Bottas on the pole. I'm kinda horrified about the amount of possible crashes and debris tomorrow in the actual race. That one point is so freaking narrow.

• I have boxing class booked for right after the race tomorrow but if there are any crashes like today, I gotta bail.

Crazy when happened on that turn. The whole course is pretty jank.

• What an intense ending between Bottas and Hamilton, I was on the edge of my seat. Great job from Valtteri, now the teammates are tied both with two victories and two P2s. Also Mercedes will win this year's constructors' championship by the summer break if they keep this pace up.

Kimi got a point in the end, cool. Gasly's well-driven P6 vanished in the air with technical problems, tough luck, considering he did great job coming from the last place. Ricciardo's moment with Kvyat was pretty unbeliavable: both cars stationary like that, and then he goes into reverse and crashes into the Russian. What. An awful GP for Renault and Haas, while Racing Point and McLaren fared really well this time.

• Is Mercedes trolling Ferrari?

• Third pole in the row for Bottas, niiiiice. And in which way, I mean the difference was this time pretty crushing. Fingers crossed the race'll go as well.

• Global Moderator

Yeah, really happy that Bottas got his third pole! well done for the Finn. I hope the can keep it up and we will have a real Bottas VS Hamilton fight this year, now when Ferrari seem to fall behind.

• Well shiiiit, that was a very boring race, and the start went to hell as well for Bottas. He talked about an issue there, remains to be seen. Dieter Zetsche had his final run on team Mercedes apparently here and now, I was wondering why he dared to face the champagne himself this time suddenly.

• Global Moderator

Yeah wasnt the most eventful race. Shame for Bottas that the start got botched. Would of been nice to see him in the lead.

• I thought it was more entertaining than Baku tbh.

It got exciting for me near the end when the safety car came out because I was expecting Vettel to stay within 1 sec of Verstappen and use DRS but it never happened. I don't know how he got 1.5s behind like that.

Also... couldn't they have just used a leaf blower to move the gravel and rocks like 3 laps faster....? We used a leaf blower for that kinda stuff all the time when I worked on a golf course. Waaaaaaaay faster than sweeping (and more powerful).

• Niki Lauda has died, what a legend in the sport. He was 70 years old. The things that man had to endure after the '76 accident, dear Lord. One tough S.O.B., if you pardon my French. Hats off.

• Global Moderator

@sentinel-beach Yeah this was some truly sad news to wake up to. This man truly was amazing. Niki gave so much to the sport. He will be missed.

This article written by David Tremayne sums it all up so well. https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.niki-lauda-an-f1-legend-remembered.22UIF6kuLmlGFiqeKr0wEz.html

• This weekend in Monaco will be Kimi's 300th GP. He's about to break Barrichello's record of most races ever some time next season if all goes as it should.

Kimi Raikkonen's 300th F1 Race - Paddock Tributes | 2019 Monaco Grand Prix
    Youtube Video

• Global Moderator

• Global Moderator

Feel bad for Leclerc after getting pushed out in Q1. Really dont understand why they didnt send him out again. Vettle messed up his last run with hitting the wall, but well done Hamilton for pushing out such a lap when he really needed to.

• Yeah the situation with Leclerc at Ferrari was just... no words. That simply shouldn't be possible. Shame about the guy's home race starting like this then, and there are really not too many possible places to overtake. Hamilton got the upper hand this time around, it's really tight up there. The red halo for Lauda is a nice touch.

• What a mess for Ferrari again.

I bet $10 at 5.10 odds for Bottas to win. I know Monaco is a hard race but let’s go Bottas from P2.

• Damn that was an exciting race!! Hamilton holding off the other drivers for that long was super impressive and Verstappen on Hamilton’s heels going full send near the end had my heart racing.

I also appreciate how Leclerc said eff it and went Grand Theft Auto V with his car just leaving debris everywhere. I was in the 13% who troll voted for him as Driver of the Day.

Favourite race of the season by far.

• Leclerc might have done the wrong move on going to Ferrari. He's just flopping too hard right now. Specially failing like this at Monaco, a track known for separating the great from the rest, might hurt his moral too hard.

• Global Moderator

That was one of the better monaco races we have had in a long time I think. Would of just been better with some of that rain that never came. You feel bad for Leclerc, but he is young and with some more experience Im sure he will be able to win there.

I was kinda worried that Verstappen would end up torpedo into Hamilton once his tires was going, but he managed to hold on.

I also liked this gif in the tweet, kinda summed it up well