Formula One

• $175M cap is still HUGE but at least that levels the playing field more.

The cars look futuristic but also kinda like an IndyCar too. Either way, I’m glad the racing is hopefully going to level out.

No more pay to win mechanics lol. Patch that shit out.

• Global Moderator

Im really looking forward to 2021's season now! These new rules and more of a fair playfield will hopefully stop the two team front and give us some great battles through out. Still crazy amount of money, but still pretty sweet.

• $175M limit is a dumb move. Significant amount of that money goes to salaries and travels. This will incentivize top teams to use cheaper hotels and maybe even pay less to the staff.

• @ffff0 That money limitations are more focused on development. But even if that was true, that would still level the field.

• So uhhhh. I think the US Grand Prix is live and free on YouTube. I could have sworn I read they were gonna start doing Twitch like Monday Night Football but maybe I remember that wrong. Fine by me regardless as I prefer YouTube. I filled out their survey about their viewing options in Canada being archaic and apparently Liberty Media is interested in modern options to view F1 so I'm glad they are listening to the fans worldwide.

Youtube Video

• A neat victory from Bottas. And Hamilton got his 6th championship, no surprise there. Not the most interesting Austin GP this year somehow. I usually like it a lot. Ferraris got nothing on the race.

• What a race at Interlagos! A bit of a bore till Bottas sadly DNF'd, but after that super intense restart things got CRAZY! Ferraris taking each others out like that, my God what a moment. Vettel was so upset that he couldn't help but shout in German in the radio at that instant. And after the second restart Albon's dreams came crashing down with that incident with Hamilton, brutal. But on the other hand Gasly got his first podium this weekend then. What a race to the finish line with Lewis! Sainz started the very last and finished at P4. Alfa Romeo did super well with Kimi and Giovinazzi at P5 and P6. A really intense and exciting end part of the race, loved it.

• I could only catch about 20 laps because I had to go into work. Caught the highlights and I clearly missed a wild one.

I honestly though Vettel might kill Leclerc backstage.

• The more I think about it, Lewis Hamilton is one of the biggest gems our generation has.

ESPN: Lewis Hamilton - Motor racing has gotten worse for underprivileged kids
    https://es.pn/2XKC5rP

He wants to work with F1 and FIA to bring more opportunities for kids to get into Motorsport.

I know every athlete gives back but not every debatable GOAT has a rags to riches story and stayed humble. Wayne Gretzky - rich kid, Kobe Bryant - rich kid. Mike Tyson has humble beginnings but got lost in the sauce.

I think Hamilton is the type of person who will change the world by example. I see his eventual “retirement” being 24/7 productive work for the sport and for great causes. Sometimes he comes off as a rabble rouser but you kinda need that to make change in society.

• Honestly, good first season back into watching F1. I think despite the Mercedes blowout, there was a lot of drama and foreshadowing things to come this new decade. One takeaway I have is that F1 seems to be in good hands with Liberty Media and their willingness to survey fans and listen to general feedback is light years ahead of, say, the NFL - which is admittedly the worst. I'm saying that because I have high hopes for the post-2021 era bringing in even more fans and entertaining races.

Another takeaway (and I don't have the data to prove it) but I think after watching almost every race this season I have to say that pound for pound - put Verstappen or Ricardo in a Ferrari or Mercedes and they'd be the faster driver. CL showed signs of greatness this season but also made a ton of novice mistakes. I wonder what happens when the playing field evens out more.